Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2012, 4:07 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Award miles only if I recall correctly, but can't remember where I've seen that info.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 4:11 pm

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Angry

Originally Posted by gojko88
Award miles only if I recall correctly, but can't remember where I've seen that info.
Not fair
Can't they do instead status miles only?!!
Old Nov 6, 2012, 4:40 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Originally Posted by gojko88
Disagree. That may be so in M&M, but I don't think it is so on M&B.

I think it earns nothing at all.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 4:55 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ELAL
New question.

What happens when flying with a LX ticket, when flight is operated by Elal with a swiss codeshare and flight number?

Can points be earned on these flights, and if yes how are the classes calculated?
El Al is not a partner of Aegean Airlines. No miles can be accrued.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 5:09 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
Disagree. That may be so in M&M, but I don't think it is so on M&B.

I think it earns nothing at all.
That is correct. I apologise for the confusion caused, I replied after spending 15 minutes in the M&M subforum, so forgot which thread I was in.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 3:21 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Thanks for your input folks, and thanks for the moderator for tranferring my thread to this great (unseen) thread.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by ELAL
New question.

What happens when flying with a LX ticket, when flight is operated by Elal with a swiss codeshare and flight number?

Can points be earned on these flights, and if yes how are the classes calculated?
The simple answer is certainly not, you get zero points (unless a mistake is made )
Old Nov 7, 2012, 6:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What matters in *A is who operates the flight (metal). If the operating carrier is not a member of *A and not otherwise an explicit partner of A3, you earn no miles on that flight.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 7:13 am

Programs: A3*G, LH*S, EK*S, AB*S, Sixt Gold, HH, SPG
I purchased OS tickets in booking class P for VIE-DXB-VIE. I checked on A3's website to see, that my class was not in the chart!!! It is a business class fare, so it's impossible not to be able to collect any miles at all. I noticed, that they didn't update the 'earn miles' page for quite a long time and as far as I remember booking class P appeared in OS this September.

Did anyone experience the same problem earlier? If yes, could you tell me how A3 credits miles for such flights?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 7:49 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by LotFTL
I purchased OS tickets in booking class P for VIE-DXB-VIE. I checked on A3's website to see, that my class was not in the chart!!! It is a business class fare, so it's impossible not to be able to collect any miles at all. I noticed, that they didn't update the 'earn miles' page for quite a long time and as far as I remember booking class P appeared in OS this September.

Did anyone experience the same problem earlier? If yes, could you tell me how A3 credits miles for such flights?
If you read post#1 you will see this:
Warning: If you cannot find the booking class under the operating carrier chart, the earning is 0 miles.
So, you are betting your miles on a notion that it is impossibly so, and that it is just a simple mistake that P class does not appear on A3 website. Well, you might be right.
But the general advice is to not assume that the earning chart is wrong.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Try to contact A3 regarding your OS P classs ticket, stressing that it is a paid business class fare. There's a chance that they will update the earnings table on their website before your flight if it's a genuine mistake/oversight. Otherwise, your chances of earning miles are not good IMO.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 3:38 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
My experience with bmi Diamond Club was that the FFP had to contact the operating airline to get agreement for them to 'pay out', so to speak. Usually, when new fare buckets appeared, they went through - however, when LH family airlines introduced a raft of new fares buckets last year, they declined the deeply discounted fare buckets - even the business class fares.

All you can do is ask. Never hurts.@:-)
Old Nov 16, 2012, 4:16 pm

A3 says that AC R class is 150% but has a footnote stating "R class (complimentary/purchased upgrades) accrual is as per the original booking class purchased."

Since original booking class would be economy, that would suggest 100% accrual. But the chart says 150%.

Which one wins? Does anyone have firsthand experience?
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:17 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by hydrogen
A3 says that AC R class is 150% but has a footnote stating "R class (complimentary/purchased upgrades) accrual is as per the original booking class purchased."

Since original booking class would be economy, that would suggest 100% accrual. But the chart says 150%.

Which one wins? Does anyone have firsthand experience?
No first hand experience, but I'd say R earns anything between 0% and 150% depending on original booking class. They had to put some value in the chart and they chose to put the maximum R can earn. Unless your original ticket is in Y,B don't count on 150%.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:34 am

Programs: Ambassador, spg plat
Another confused soul

Booked two Lufthansa economy tickets in S class
One was credited to LH MnM - I got 5685 miles
The other was credited to Aegean MnB and only got 2836 miles (about half of LH)

I tried several of the 'calculators' and looked at the chart, I don't understand how Aegean got to that number. Any pointers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.