Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:37 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
But it the hypothetical Greek average George considers LH rather than A3 intraEU flights, he could earn more miles, depending on distance and booking class.
Not so sure about that. LH also applies fixed miles intra europe.

Say Georgios is doing a LHR-ATH in business. He will earn 2000 to A3 programme on A3 metal.
A LHR-ATH on LH will force a connection in FRA for example. But even with it broken up into 2 segments, it still only earns 1500 to M&M!

A LH metal credited to A3 is better (1700 per segment) because Z and J still earns like "full" business tickets on A3, but maybe that "arbitrage" will soon vanish.

LH full flexible tickets are on par with any discounted business ticket on A3: they earn 2000 / segment, each credited to their own programme.

So LH metal "wins" only if you like doing connections in FRA and forcing extra segments.

Last edited by intuition; Oct 29, 2012 at 11:42 am Reason: clarifying my point
Old Oct 29, 2012, 1:16 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Even assuming you are flying the most direct routing available (BKK-NRT-SFO-FLL), you will earn over 20k miles... No worries about qualifying.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:00 pm

Thank you all. I truly appreciate.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 4:19 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Flying LX with SN ticket, how do I know which booking classes are credited?

Subject has been discussed somewhere before, but I'm still confused.

Do I simply check the chart for SN flights? Or because I'm flying LX I somehow have to check the LX chart?
Old Nov 1, 2012, 4:38 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
AFAIK there is no easy way to know.

You are looking for the actual fare class used by the operating airline (LX) and this one you should then compare to the LX earning chart published by A3.

However, what fare class LX is putting on a seat sold by SN is not public knowledge. After booking, you may (or may not) be able to find the booking reference/record locator for the LX reservation and via this get the actual fare class. Or you may (or may not) be able to persuade someone with inside knowledge from one of the airlines to tell you their mappings, ie how SN fare class maps to LX fare class on these codeshare tickets.

Sometimes the mapping is simple (C->C, D->D,...) sometimes it's quite arbitrary.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 6:12 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Since SN and LX are both LH subsidiaries, there's a good chance that the booking classes match, but no one can really guarantee it.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 6:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by intuition
Not so sure about that. LH also applies fixed miles intra europe.

Say Georgios is doing a LHR-ATH in business. He will earn 2000 to A3 programme on A3 metal.
A LHR-ATH on LH will force a connection in FRA for example. But even with it broken up into 2 segments, it still only earns 1500 to M&M!

A LH metal credited to A3 is better (1700 per segment) because Z and J still earns like "full" business tickets on A3, but maybe that "arbitrage" will soon vanish.

LH full flexible tickets are on par with any discounted business ticket on A3: they earn 2000 / segment, each credited to their own programme.

So LH metal "wins" only if you like doing connections in FRA and forcing extra segments.
Has something changed? I had LH Z class tickets about fifteen months ago and the German domestic segments credited some odd number of miles to A3 rather than a round number, which I think indicated that the number of miles I earned was based on the actual distances.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Has something changed? I had LH Z class tickets about fifteen months ago and the German domestic segments credited some odd number of miles to A3 rather than a round number, which I think indicated that the number of miles I earned was based on the actual distances.
Domestic LH in Z has yielded 1000 miles in M&B since A3 joined A3. See here.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 9:49 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You can get some information and make an educated guess by trying to find the same fare and conditions for a LX marketed ticket, i.e., not codeshare. This is one of many reasons why it's better to avoid codeshares, but this isn't always possible.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by gojko88
Since SN and LX are both LH subsidiaries, there's a good chance that the booking classes match, but no one can really guarantee it.
SN>LH are completely different, after the following site:

Star Alliance Codeshare Mappings

Unfortunately no mapping SN>LX yet. But LX>SN seems to map to the same booking class (most probably that's reciprocal...).
Old Nov 4, 2012, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
Domestic LH in Z has yielded 1000 miles in M&B since A3 joined A3. See here.
I just checked my account and you are indeed correct, as always.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 5:44 am
RDP

Programs: MPC Silver, and other baseline accounts.
ANA / NH mileage

Just to be sure.....

Purchased a ticket with ANA. According to ANA upon booking the fare, when credited to ANA it will only accrue 75% mileage. However if I go to Aegean and check the ANA listing it shows that fare class as 100%. So when I get the miles into my Aegean account will it be 100% of the actual mileage, or 100% of ANA's 75% per-reduced figure?

Thanks,
RDP
Old Nov 6, 2012, 6:13 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by RDP
Just to be sure.....

Purchased a ticket with ANA. According to ANA upon booking the fare, when credited to ANA it will only accrue 75% mileage. However if I go to Aegean and check the ANA listing it shows that fare class as 100%. So when I get the miles into my Aegean account will it be 100% of the actual mileage, or 100% of ANA's 75% per-reduced figure?

Thanks,
RDP
Does not matter who you bought the ticket with. As long as the flight is on ANA metal, then you will get 100% of the actual mileage (if that's what the M&B website says).

If your flight is operated by a NH subsidary, you might get nothing with M&B.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 6:49 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

What : D! said.

A3's ANA-chart says:
Y,E - 100%
B, M, U, H, Q, V, W, S - 100%
Old Nov 6, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
New question.

What happens when flying with a LX ticket, when flight is operated by Elal with a swiss codeshare and flight number?

Can points be earned on these flights, and if yes how are the classes calculated?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.