Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where are all the AE converts to Aegean?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, AP Basic, FPC Platinum, SPG Gold
Where are all the AE converts to Aegean?

After reading over the last number of months that numerous FTer's were switching from AE to A3 due to the increase in mileage to maintain *G I was surprised to hear one of the regular YYZ MLL staff state that this was the first time she had seen a A3*G card when I was checking in to the lounge on Aug 3. I figured by now there would be numerous A3*G card holders flying through YYZ. Thought that her comment was interesting...maybe a lot of talk on FT about switching but no action???
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
I heard the same in Vancouver recently. Lounge agent asked who A3 was. He'd never seen it. I dumped the Aeroplan account I was using a few years back to migrate elsewhere, and am now @ A3.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 4:10 am

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by epost77
After reading over the last number of months that numerous FTer's were switching from AE to A3 due to the increase in mileage to maintain *G I was surprised to hear one of the regular YYZ MLL staff state that this was the first time she had seen a A3*G card when I was checking in to the lounge on Aug 3. I figured by now there would be numerous A3*G card holders flying through YYZ. Thought that her comment was interesting...maybe a lot of talk on FT about switching but no action???
Even if 100% of the regulars of the Flyertalk AC forum had switched, I hope for AC financial strength that it wouldn't be a noticeable part of AC customers overall.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 5:27 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Someone's wearing their FT Goggles.

There's a tendency on FT to believe our own hype.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 7:16 am

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
Someone's wearing their FT Goggles.
Even if you know that FT distorts your view, it can be difficult to guess how much it is. I was really surprised to be, by mid-year, the first "new style" BA G to enter HNL Admiral's Club. It's not an obscure status like A3 Gold (no offense!) and HNL isn't exactly a place that doesn't attract tourists... Reading the forum, you tend to think 97% of any aircraft is top-tier
Old Aug 12, 2012, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
In the MLL in YVR the agent told me that there were many more people crediting to A3.
This was the transborder lounge, as well.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 3:11 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
The long-serving dragon in the LHR SQ lounge yesterday had clearly never heard of A3, let alone recognise the card. It took at least three attempts to convince her not to enter AG as the airline code. Her junior colleague, there only a few weeks, had to guide her.

Bearing in mind this was in the UK, where A3 have been matching ex-BD*G, the level of exposure in Canada is probably very low indeed.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
In the MLL in YVR the agent told me that there were many more people crediting to A3.
This was the transborder lounge, as well.
Interesting. In the same lounge I was told that I was the second A3 member the agent had ever seen (notable because this was the first time it had been suggested to me that I was not the very first A3 member anyone had encountered).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.