Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum miles + Accrual Factor

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2012, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Accor Gold, SQ*G, MH Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador
Minimum miles + Accrual Factor

Hello.. Am planning to book a DXB-MUS return on D class on Swiss, which has an actual flying distance of only 228 miles. Am planning to bank miles to Aegean.

On Aegean's website, I understand that for business class, there is a minimum earning of 1000 miles. Will this already have the business class 200%accural factor already in?

Meaning to say, will I be getting
(a) 228 x 200% = 456 miles = 1000 miles (minimum earning) OR
(b) 228 = 1000 miles (minimum earning) x 200% = 2000 miles?

Thanks... am doing a MR to get silver on *A for a trip in America on UA in July. I am based in Dubai, so if there is anyone with a better idea of how to get 3000 miles easily, please let me know too!
Old Jun 1, 2012, 6:10 am

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by metcalve
Hello.. Am planning to book a DXB-MUS return on D class on Swiss, which has an actual flying distance of only 228 miles. Am planning to bank miles to Aegean.

On Aegean's website, I understand that for business class, there is a minimum earning of 1000 miles. Will this already have the business class 200%accural factor already in?

Meaning to say, will I be getting
(a) 228 x 200% = 456 miles = 1000 miles (minimum earning) OR
(b) 228 = 1000 miles (minimum earning) x 200% = 2000 miles?

(a) (unfortunately)

I assume you wanted to write MUC, and not MUS. MUS would get you Gold in D

Thanks... am doing a MR to get silver on *A for a trip in America on UA in July. I am based in Dubai, so if there is anyone with a better idea of how to get 3000 miles easily, please let me know too!
If you can pay swiss D, fly Austrian instead, they have a 2,000 miles minimum and will lessen your need to fly UA (unless your MR doubles as a trip you actually want to do )

Edit : erm, 228 miles... It is probably not MUC either... MCT ? Forget Austrian!
Old Jun 1, 2012, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Accor Gold, SQ*G, MH Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador
I meant muscat Thanks!
Old Jun 1, 2012, 11:26 am

For 616USD pretax you can fly first on F booking class. Min miles in this case I think should be 1500 per way. If you take a rt you will get the 3000, just nice for blue (*S).
Old Jun 1, 2012, 6:11 pm

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lowjhg
For 616USD pretax you can fly first on F booking class. Min miles in this case I think should be 1500 per way. If you take a rt you will get the 3000, just nice for blue (*S).
The official chart says "not available" for the minimum mileage on Swiss F. They figured that the 300% earning would be enough to make moot any need for a minimum mileage as Swiss doesn't operate short-haul F. One run the risk of getting 3*228 = 684 miles on this trip. With every other carrier they have a 1500 minimum...
Old Jun 1, 2012, 8:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Excuse me, but *A Silver doesn't carry many benefits. OP should be sure that spending money to get Silver is worth it for him/her.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Excuse me, but *A Silver doesn't carry many benefits. OP should be sure that spending money to get Silver is worth it for him/her.
Thanks for the tip, but for my upcoming UA trips in USA, *A Silver will get me free check-in bag for my domestic legs, + upgrades to premium economy. Crossing my fingers..
Old Jun 2, 2012, 6:33 am

Thanks for the tip, but for my upcoming UA trips in USA, *A Silver will get me free check-in bag for my domestic legs, + upgrades to premium economy. Crossing my fingers..
but *S is way down the upgrade priority list after 1K, PPlat, PGold, *G, PSilver, just a notch above non status folk. so its much better to qual for *G rather than *S.

Just take a TG flight in J to HKG and back after your LX flight and you will get gold instantly.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 11:28 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by Richelieu
MUS would get you Gold in D
And where should the airport with code 'MUS' be that it earns Gold?
Old Jun 4, 2012, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
And where should the airport with code 'MUS' be that it earns Gold?

Minami-tori-shima, south-east of Japan
. Getting gold going there would require commercial service, though
Old Jun 4, 2012, 1:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Are you sure about the Y+? Even UA Silvers are complaining that this benefit was dropped for them and UA traditionally holds Y+ as a benefit for their own elites, as opposed to partner elites, just as most USA airlines give free upgrades into FC only to their own and not partner elites.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 5:21 am

Along these lines, do the United fare codes that earn 50%, but have a 500 mile minimum, really earn 500 miles even on shorter routes. For example, if I'm in S class on United from IAD-BDL (324 miles) do I actually earn 500 miles or 250 since it's 50%.

Thanks.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by danpeake
Along these lines, do the United fare codes that earn 50%, but have a 500 mile minimum, really earn 500 miles even on shorter routes. For example, if I'm in S class on United from IAD-BDL (324 miles) do I actually earn 500 miles or 250 since it's 50%.

Thanks.
Mileage minimum applies after COS adjustment. So if you earn 300% of 150 miles, with a minimum of 500, you'll get 500, not 1,500, and if adversely, you earn 50% of 300, with a minimum of 500, you'll get 500, not 150.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Richelieu
Mileage minimum applies after COS adjustment. So if you earn 300% of 150 miles, with a minimum of 500, you'll get 500, not 1,500, and if adversely, you earn 50% of 300, with a minimum of 500, you'll get 500, not 150.
Makes sense and that's what I figured. Thanks for the clarification.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.