FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   Status Matched BMI Refugee Saying Hello (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/1351706-status-matched-bmi-refugee-saying-hello.html)

Oil-man May 31, 2012 6:10 am

Status Matched BMI Refugee Saying Hello

Hello!

Now BMI have been sold to BA, there a lot of *A status match requests going on, and because of this A3 is now my new *A home.

Hope it does remdemptions like the BMI gravy train:D

dazerc Jun 1, 2012 12:10 pm

I'm just been status matched also. So neew to the club.

MSPeconomist Jun 1, 2012 8:39 pm

Welcome to both of you. We hope you'll visit this forum and find it useful.

DELLAS Jun 3, 2012 12:14 pm

Kalosorisete :) Welcome to the ever growing Aegean forum. Great to see more members .

lhr baby Jun 3, 2012 12:15 pm

I think there'll be plenty of us on here. Hello everyone!

wyvern Jun 4, 2012 9:15 am

Welcome to all status-matched BMI refugees, from a A3 member who qualified as A3 gold from flown miles last year. It's a really good programme with a lot of plus points.

Now, do you think we should start a campaign to get A3 to launch a partnership with MBNA - so that a miles-earning credit card can be issued in the UK and countries other than Greece - and/or points transfer from Amex Platinum and/or SPG?

I'd also like to see A3 introducing miles-plus-cash bookings, refdundable/changeable award bookings, and some of the other USPs of BMI Diamond Club - and of course hiring Keeley! - but a UK miles-earning credit card or Amex/SPG points transfer option would be my first wish for Miles&Bonus.

In the meantime though, sit back, relax, enjoy the programme, try and fly on A3 metal sometime (I'm hoping to later this year), and remember to book your hotel stays through the A3 website for maximum points!

Richelieu Jun 4, 2012 10:18 am

Originally Posted by wyvern (Post 18694783)
Welcome to all status-matched BMI refugees, from a A3 member who qualified as A3 gold from flown miles last year. It's a really good programme with a lot of plus points.

Yes, it was only outshined by DC, obviously... I wonder if the matching campaign will have a significant impact on the number of heavy flyers (I suspect most A3 M&B account holders are in Greece.

Now, do you think we should start a campaign to get A3 to launch a partnership with MBNA - so that a miles-earning credit card can be issued in the UK and countries other than Greece - and/or points transfer from Amex Platinum and/or SPG?

I'd also like to see A3 introducing miles-plus-cash bookings, refdundable/changeable award bookings, and some of the other USPs of BMI Diamond Club - and of course hiring Keeley! - but a UK miles-earning credit card or Amex/SPG points transfer option would be my first wish for Miles&Bonus.

In the meantime though, sit back, relax, enjoy the programme, try and fly on A3 metal sometime (I'm hoping to later this year), and remember to book your hotel stays through the A3 website for maximum points!
We should campaign for the DCization of M&B ;)

I'll probably do the same thing as I did with BMI : fly once on their metal to discover the product. There are A3 destinations I've never been to!

treadsoftly Jun 5, 2012 6:34 pm

Hmm. I am already blue with A3. Seems worth a shot trying to get BMI Gold matched.

Philosofaux Jun 6, 2012 1:57 pm

I have to admit: BD people are not getting such a bad deal, getting status on both OW and *A!

treadsoftly Jun 7, 2012 4:38 am

I was already Aegean Blue (*S), but Aegean have just agreed to my request to match my BMI Gold. I wonder how long the status will last for? I'll find out when the card turns up in 2 months :)

PVDtoDEL Jun 7, 2012 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by treadsoftly (Post 18713489)
I was already Aegean Blue (*S), but Aegean have just agreed to my request to match my BMI Gold. I wonder how long the status will last for? I'll find out when the card turns up in 2 months :)

Your card will expire 12/2015

HCW- man Jun 8, 2012 1:23 am

Status match from BMI

Hi guys

I have just joined A3 m&B and want to ask them for a status match - have you any tips or contact emails etc

Look forward to joining you

cheers

Paul

FlyerTalker46423 Jun 8, 2012 2:12 am

miles_bonus[at]aegeanair.com

treadsoftly Jun 8, 2012 4:15 am

Good news. Thanks for the info.

colmc Jun 11, 2012 7:16 am

Another just matched ex-BMI member :)