Status Matched BMI Refugee Saying Hello

Old Jun 11, 2012, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by treadsoftly
Good news. Thanks for the info.
Hope you get sorted they seem to be one of the better carriers to match BDs quickly. Cards take 6-8 weeks though but worth the wait . Their Gold cards and tags are much better than the BMI ones IMHO . ^
Old Jun 11, 2012, 4:06 pm

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Hope you get sorted they seem to be one of the better carriers to match BDs quickly. Cards take 6-8 weeks though but worth the wait . Their Gold cards and tags are much better than the BMI ones IMHO . ^
The current ones, yes. I really liked the swoosh ones.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 9:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Made A3 Blue fairly swiftly earlier this year but the temptation to ask for *G was too much, so i've given in. An exp of 12/2015 is a fantastic deal and will also save money when it comes to planning ridiculous mileage runs! (Though I will miss them!)

Nice to see so many familiar faces here.

Old Jun 12, 2012, 1:39 am

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
Nice to see so many familiar faces here.

Old Jun 12, 2012, 5:19 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Oh, Lord, here we goez.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
will also save money when it comes to planning ridiculous mileage runs! (Though I will miss them!
Haha me too . BMI took me to some places I never would have gone to on their metal and their partners. Still allows me to concentrate on more exotic carriers I didnt do because I needed to keep the Star MRs up .
Old Jun 12, 2012, 7:09 am

Haha me too . BMI took me to some places I never would have gone to on their metal and their partners. Still allows me to concentrate on more exotic carriers I didnt do because I needed to keep the Star MRs up .
Even if I matched to A3, I don't expect to fly *A soon except where there is no other choice. I'll certainly make use of my BA Gold to sample the products of a few new airlines, too...
Old Jun 12, 2012, 8:55 am

...BMI took me to some places I never would have gone to on their metal and their partners...
And one shouldn't forget their lounge in LHR: far superior to the *A one!
Old Jun 12, 2012, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis
And one shouldn't forget their lounge in LHR: far superior to the *A one!
Yes indeed I was in it the other day . A3 still use it for their J Class passengers
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yes indeed I was in it the other day . A3 still use it for their J Class passengers
For how much longer, does anyone know?
Old Jun 13, 2012, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Well the last time I spoke to a manager at A3 ( end of May) they said there were no updates as if that would change. Obviously if BA decide to change the policy about who uses the lounge then A3 will have to look for something else but I guess the status quo will remain until such time. Enjoy it while it lasts I say

Last edited by DELLAS; Jun 13, 2012 at 6:12 am Reason: Typo
Old Jun 14, 2012, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
According to what was announced in the M&B pages, Gold benefits when flying bmi should have stopped on May 31.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 6:38 am

According to what was announced in the M&B pages, Gold benefits when flying bmi should have stopped on May 31.
*Gold benefits. But maybe the use of the lounge in Heathrow is bilateral. Was it available before A3 joined *A ?
Old Jun 14, 2012, 10:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Indeed, there is nothing stopping them from having a separate deal with bmi/BA. If BA is getting paid for it (and the lounge will definitely be somewhat under used now with less *G's entering), they probably won't mind too much.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 2:59 pm

They have stopped . A few Y class with Star Gold cards were turned away. I got in purely due to the fact I was J class. So A3 continues to have a lounge agreement for its J class passengers outside Star Alliance similar to the one CY had for theirs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.