Wiki Posts
Search

Crediting UA to A3

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2012, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Crediting UA to A3

Two questions:

1) Does each segment on UA thats not Y earn the 500 mile minimum?

2) What is the policy for regional code shares and crediting to A3?
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Welcome to FT.

1)Not necessarily. An easy counterexample would be a FC award flight on UA. It would earn nothing.

2)Have you studied the charts for earning A3 miles from UA flights that are posted on the Aegean website? For regional codeshares, are you talking necessarily about United Express using UA flight numbers? I know there are some LH partners that are not *A members where one should not get miles, but my impression is that United Express flights are treated as if they're operated by UA.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

So for example if I take two short hops (not awards) both less than 500 miles one way on United and credit to A3 does each segment earn 500, or is it based off of the whole journeys distance?

So if my trip from A to B to C > 500 I would get 500 per leg or would I get 100% of the miles once i reached the threshold of 500 miles? Similarly if A to B to C is < 500 miles total do you only receive 500 miles or is it based off each flight netting 1000 miles?

I was talking about UA express flights, thanks!
Old Dec 2, 2012, 2:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by EastCoastLearner
So for example if I take two short hops (not awards) both less than 500 miles one way on United and credit to A3 does each segment earn 500, or is it based off of the whole journeys distance?

So if my trip from A to B to C > 500 I would get 500 per leg or would I get 100% of the miles once i reached the threshold of 500 miles? Similarly if A to B to C is < 500 miles total do you only receive 500 miles or is it based off each flight netting 1000 miles?

I was talking about UA express flights, thanks!

If A-B-C is one flight number, will be considered as one flight even with the stop. 500 rule apply. However, if A-B + B-C distance is over 500, you get the actual flying miles.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 4:55 pm

Hate to hijack, but does anyone at A3 or someone who has asked someone at A3 if they are planning on adding the 'P' fare class to the UA earning chart? Work is paying for business for a trip to Korea soon and would love to get *G in one shot as I am not going to re-qual at UA this year. Seems UA has created a cheap C fare class as P which is also domestic 1st for their fare specials.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 6:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Note that some fare classes that UA and other alliance partners gives 100% credit for may not be the same on M&B.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Yes, each will get 500 on a UA express flight as long as they are not the same flight number (which for express flights I don't know if they happen).

I've done GRR-ORD flights then onto another flight, and def. get the 500 for that portion plus whatever comes next.

So yes, you will get at least 1000.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: A3*G, 9w
Originally Posted by chongcao
If A-B-C is one flight number, will be considered as one flight even with the stop. 500 rule apply. However, if A-B + B-C distance is over 500, you get the actual flying miles.
This may not be the case I just had a flight where A-B is >500 miles and B-C <500. I got the actual miles for A-B and got 500 miles for B-C
Old Dec 5, 2012, 1:28 pm

Programs: LH SEN - A3G
Originally Posted by VWGuru
Hate to hijack, but does anyone at A3 or someone who has asked someone at A3 if they are planning on adding the 'P' fare class to the UA earning chart? Work is paying for business for a trip to Korea soon and would love to get *G in one shot as I am not going to re-qual at UA this year. Seems UA has created a cheap C fare class as P which is also domestic 1st for their fare specials.
You won't het an accurate answer from the hotline.
Same issue with LH and OS.

As long as they keep LX P at 200% I am happy. 200% instead of 125% for M&M
Old Dec 7, 2012, 2:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by knatoriqois
This may not be the case I just had a flight where A-B is >500 miles and B-C <500. I got the actual miles for A-B and got 500 miles for B-C
This is correct if it's two different flight numbers.

If it's the same flight number AAA-BBB and BBB-CCC (direct flight), then BBB doesn't matter and you must look only at the miles from AAA to CCC, flown as if it had been nonstop. You would get the larger of this number or 500 miles.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Instead of starting a new thread thought I would park this one here to see if someone can help.

Booked a flight which is shown as a LH code share on UA metal. Looking at the booking class I can earn miles if credited as a UA flight but not as an LH flight. Anyone know what it would post as?
Old Dec 16, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Instead of starting a new thread thought I would park this one here to see if someone can help.

Booked a flight which is shown as a LH code share on UA metal. Looking at the booking class I can earn miles if credited as a UA flight but not as an LH flight. Anyone know what it would post as?
The LH fare class might map to a different UA fare class, so you really have no way of knowing.

I've never seen an LH fare which doesn't allow use of UA flights, so I would never book a codeshare...
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:40 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
The LH fare class might map to a different UA fare class, so you really have no way of knowing.

I've never seen an LH fare which doesn't allow use of UA flights, so I would never book a codeshare...
It's showing K class on UA when looking from their site which allows 50% earnings but also K for LH which is zero earnings.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:23 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BThumme
Yes, each will get 500 on a UA express flight as long as they are not the same flight number (which for express flights I don't know if they happen).

I've done GRR-ORD flights then onto another flight, and def. get the 500 for that portion plus whatever comes next.

So yes, you will get at least 1000.
I can also verify that a UA Express flight less than 500 miles will credit the minimum 500 miles on A3. I have credited to A3 several times TVC-ORD or ORD-TVC and received the 500 miles on Aegean. Fare class didn't matter unless it was Y, then I received 750. The flight is 224 miles.

And yes, the exception is when you have a connecting flight with the same flight number.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 6:39 am

Programs: UA Plat (former 1K)
UX flights still credit min 500 miles to A3?

Just double-checking that this hasn't changed (assuming segments are different flight numbers)

thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.