Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Miles credited to wrong FFP [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles credited to wrong FFP [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2013, 8:23 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by anilyst
the incapable thing that is LH, posted the miles to my A3 account.
I can understand your frustration. That said, it is well known that adding a FF number to a Lufthansa itinerary (as you presumably did with your A3 number) is always risky if you don't actually want the miles to post to that FFP. There are more reports of people failing to 'unstick' numbers than of success.

Sent an email a week back [...] and still no action has been taken.
With A3 I've often waited two to three weeks for an email to be answered. More often than not, the answers have been helpful. In your case, though, you shouldn't be surprised if you don't get what you want.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 7:40 pm

Programs: *A Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, Hertz PC, EC Elite, Starbucks Gold :D
Originally Posted by IMH
I can understand your frustration. That said, it is well known that adding a FF number to a Lufthansa itinerary (as you presumably did with your A3 number) is always risky if you don't actually want the miles to post to that FFP. There are more reports of people failing to 'unstick' numbers than of success.

With A3 I've often waited two to three weeks for an email to be answered. More often than not, the answers have been helpful. In your case, though, you shouldn't be surprised if you don't get what you want.
The thing with my frustration is that nowhere did I mention the A3 FFP in the reservation. The reservation was made via United.com and even the UA MP folks acknowledge the error.

Apparently, according to the protocol, I would never be able to get my miles posted to United, since LH will always reply to UA's request saying that the miles have already been posted lol. But for me they will make an exception.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 8:28 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
The thing with my frustration is that nowhere did I mention the A3 FFP in the reservation.
Did you show an A3*G card to get lounge admission or avoid a baggage fee? That could be enough. If you did none of those things then we have to start wondering if LH's IT is being a little too enthusiastic at linking names and FFPs.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 9:41 am

Programs: *A Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, Hertz PC, EC Elite, Starbucks Gold :D
Originally Posted by IMH
Did you show an A3*G card to get lounge admission or avoid a baggage fee? That could be enough. If you did none of those things then we have to start wondering if LH's IT is being a little too enthusiastic at linking names and FFPs.
Yes I did use the lounge, but that was in FRA, after completion of one leg. I would assume that LH IT will not keep track of the lounge access swipes (Though I guess the agent dint swipe the card, but just noted down the # manually) to decide where to credit the miles.

The boarding pass shows UAP, and the agent at check-in confirmed that the miles will be credited to UA MP. But then we all know ..
Old Mar 21, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: American Airlines ExecPlat, Asiana Diamond
Having a similar situation now. Flew two SAA flights, my travel agent mistakenly booked them with my dead United account with no status. Had her change it to A3. All seemed fine, my boarding pass had my A3 number and I was able to use my gold status perks.

Of course in the end, all the milage got credired to United. Emailed them and got the canned response "Once miles are credited to a frequent flyer account they cannot be added to another frequent flyer program. In addition, mileage may not be combined or transferred between a MileagePlus® account and other frequent flyer programs."

I replied that I asked for none of that, just plainly to have the miles on the United acccount deleted/reversed. They replied with the same canned response yet again. I again stated that I was asking for my mileage to be removed, not transfered or credited to a second program. Finally, instead of getting another canned reply from someone in India, a Service Director replied that they would escalate my request and it could take 7 to 10 days, so hopefully it will work.

I wish United had a CS rep on the FT forums like BA does (or do they and i'm not seeing it?). I remeber a similar situation with Miles credited to BA instead of AA and with one message they were more than happy to delete the miles so I could credit them properly....
Old Aug 2, 2014, 11:13 pm

How to add mileage in indigo air

How to enter FFA milage if I travel indigo airlines from mumbai
Old Aug 3, 2014, 2:00 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by jollyjohn102
How to enter FFA milage if I travel indigo airlines from mumbai
A little research may help. IndiGo is an Indian budget carrier and has no partnership with Star Alliance or with Aegean directly.

Hence you cannot credit those flights anywhere. If you were flying Air India (depending of fare class) it would be possible as they are now a Star Alliance member.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Any update on this ?

I am on my way to get UA Premier Silver and flew SFO-FRA-BOM via LH. Boarding pass, and all reservations had UA MP #. Confirmed at check-in. But as usual, the incapable thing that is LH, posted the miles to my A3 account.

Sent an email a week back asking them to delete the miles and still no action has been taken. Earlier experience with other airlines, the miles used to get deleted almost a day later. Wonder what A3 wants to do keeping those miles.
I would be interested also to find out if there is any way to uncredit miles from A3 account and get them to UA account.
UA accepted to do this, however A3 do not respond at all after several weeks
Old Jan 1, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Resurrecting a bit of an old thread, and I'm not part of A3 but maybe you guys can help so I don't start a new thread.

Originally had my UA number on file, booked via United.com 3 UA flights 1 Avianca.

Anyways I decided I wasn't gonna switch to UA for 2015, so I changed the number on file to my Air Canada number. No problems. AC number and gold status was recognized on all boarding passes INCLUDING the re-print Avianca gave me at the lounge in Bogota.

Cut to a few days later, I noticed the AV leg didn't credit to AC, so I checked UA, sure enough it credited there. I can't really explain this.

For 2014 it didn't matter, it's virtually no miles and I didn't need the segment, but going home in 10 days, it will matter. Anything I can do? I thought once it was on the BP it was pretty much safe. I'll check-in and double check with the agent in MDE. But I don't wanna have to go through the hassle of calling UA and uncrediting etc if I can avoid it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.