Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Miles credited to wrong FFP [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2012, 3:45 am

Hello all,

now it has happened: the miles that were supposed to get me *gold on a3 were posted to the wrong program.

the flights were booked on swiss.com, 3 legs swiss, one lufthansa. i entered the a3-number during the booking process and it showed it on all boarding passes. i also confirmed at the lounges and gates that the number was on file. so far everything looked fine. then i had the lady at the lounge at gva change the ffp to miles and more for the lufthansa operated leg. she did, but did not give me a new boarding pass, which i´m fine with. when checking the account i notecid the miles from the gva-leg within a day on my miles and more account. looked perfect so far. i waited a bit for my lx-miles to show up on aegean: nothing. checking the mileage credit for other flights on my miles and more account today i noticed, that now the other segments show up there as well! they were certainly not there 2 days ago. and they were not credited at the same time as my gva-leg which was the last of that trip. how did they manage that days later those legs that were not meant to end up with miles and more suddenly show up there? what can i do to get them to the correct account and who do i contact? miles and more? aegean? lx? any ideas?

i´d appreciate any advice. the ftl-service i called was no help. was first told to "look on the website" for a phone- and fax-number (?!) then was given the german number for "general issues" 01805-5959 - and they don´t work on sundays.

Last edited by midnightflight; Jul 1, 2012 at 2:01 pm Reason: typo corrected
Old May 13, 2012, 5:59 am

The way she entered into the booking must have changed the whole booking. Always a dangerous thing to do personally speaking. I would have put the A3 number into the booking and then taken it out for the GVA LH sector then do a retro claim with M&M . You would have been better to have nothing in then risk it going to the wrong program which as it turns out has credited everything to the wrong program.

You cant do a retro claim now on A3 as its already credited to your M&M account. Sadly there is no going back .

Your only course of action would be to email M&M and explain it but Im not hopeful.
Old May 13, 2012, 6:48 am

thank you, DELLAS.

yes, it was naive to assume, that it cannot hurt to change the ffp on the way back - i did not know that it is even possible to change the frequent flyer-number on a flight that had already been completed the day before! that´s why i had it changed for my last leg from gva. i took into consideration that this might also change the ffp for the flight into gva, which would have been ok with me. but it really comes as a surprise to me that this had changed the two flights from the previous day. (flew AAA-BBB-CCC // CCC-GVA-AAA). I expected the flight AAA-BBB-CCC to be untouched. how wrong i was

meanwhile i talked to aegean and i was told to send them an e-mail with a scan of the boarding passes. well, i´m not very hopeful but i´ll try. and i´ll also e-mail miles & more.
Old May 18, 2012, 2:02 pm

update: i received a reply to my request to remove the miles from my miles&more-account today. to my surprise: my request got approved and the miles were removed today. ^ so far so good. now i need aegean to cooperate. they haven´t replied to my e-mail yet (ok, i didn´t expect them to be that fast). i´ll try a retrocredit and send them an e-mail as well. hope it works out well...
Old Jun 5, 2012, 6:04 pm

Programs: *A Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, Hertz PC, EC Elite, Starbucks Gold :D
I flew SFO - FRA - DEL on UA and LH respectively. Had used my A3 FFP number for both the reservations and the boarding pass issued by UA at SFO had A3P (with number on the UA BP and just A3P on the LH BP)

Today I see that the FRA - DEL miles have posted to my United MP account. I really don't want this to happen as the category was Y and A3 will give me 150% of the miles.

What is the procedure to get these miles off United MP and get them posted onto A3 M&B ?
Old Jun 6, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by anilyst
I flew SFO - FRA - DEL on UA and LH respectively. Had used my A3 FFP number for both the reservations and the boarding pass issued by UA at SFO had A3P (with number on the UA BP and just A3P on the LH BP)

Today I see that the FRA - DEL miles have posted to my United MP account. I really don't want this to happen as the category was Y and A3 will give me 150% of the miles.

What is the procedure to get these miles off United MP and get them posted onto A3 M&B ?
I would try to retroclaim using the boarding pass. When A3 returns that it credited to a different FFP, you can point out that only your A3 number was printed on your boarding pass.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 8:25 am

Programs: various
Yeah anilyst, how did they even get your UA FFP # connected with this itinerary anyway? Weird.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: *A Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, Hertz PC, EC Elite, Starbucks Gold :D
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
I would try to retroclaim using the boarding pass. When A3 returns that it credited to a different FFP, you can point out that only your A3 number was printed on your boarding pass.
I contacted MP via the online form and received a prompt reply within a couple of hours.

Per your request we have deleted LH 760 FRADEL for 06/03/12 from your
MileagePlus account. The deletion should show on your account summary
within 48 hours. Once we delete flight activity from your account, the
flight cannot be added back.

I hope they meant that they will only reverse the mileage credit, though the wording sounds a bit scary.

Now to try retroclaiming via A3, and yes, the Boarding Pass has "A3P" under the FFP column, though the number is not mentioned on the LH leg.

jiejie,
The original itinerary was booked on United.com using the Explorer card. I later changed the FFP # on United.com using the "Edit Traveler Information".
Old Jun 6, 2012, 11:07 pm

United has reversed the LH miles credited. Now to get A3 post those.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 4:12 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by midnightflight
miles&more [...] miles were removed today. [...] now i need aegean to cooperate [...] i´ll try a retrocredit and send them an e-mail
How did you get on?

Originally Posted by anilyst
United has reversed the LH miles credited. Now to get A3 post those.
How did you get on?

Updates from either/both of you would be appreciated -- I'm in a similar situation and am sure many others will be during this period of growth for A3's Miles&Bonus programme.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by IMH
How did you get on?
no news, unfortunately. still waiting for a3

i retroclaimed through the website more than 3 weeks ago and haven´t gotten any reply so far. i called the hotline about an estimated time it takes a3 to give a reply for a retroclaim of non-a3-flights. i talked to a nice lady who told me that she couldn´t tell and, given the circumstances of my retroclaim (miles already went to a different program), that i should send an e-mail to [email protected], explain my story in this e-mail (also tell, that the incorrectly credited miles were removed from the other ffp´s account) and ask for a reply. she also said, that i should use the contact-form on their website to ask for a reply to my e-mail, if i don´t hear back in time. i sent the e-mail and now i´m waiting again. *sigh*

if anyone has a more direct contact to miles&bonus who could speed things up a little bit - i would highly appreciate any help...
Old Jun 18, 2012, 6:42 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
unfortunately. still waiting for a3
Sorry to hear that this is not yet resolved, but the update is appreciated all the same and will remind the rest of us to manage our bookings (and expectations).

Hope it's sorted out for you soon!
Old Jun 18, 2012, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by IMH
Sorry to hear that this is not yet resolved, but the update is appreciated all the same and will remind the rest of us to manage our bookings (and expectations).

Hope it's sorted out for you soon!
thank you very much, IMH! i´ll post an update as soon as something happens - promised!
Old Jun 18, 2012, 7:21 pm

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
no news, unfortunately. still waiting for a3

i retroclaimed through the website more than 3 weeks ago and haven´t gotten any reply so far. i called the hotline about an estimated time it takes a3 to give a reply for a retroclaim of non-a3-flights. i talked to a nice lady who told me that she couldn´t tell and, given the circumstances of my retroclaim (miles already went to a different program), that i should send an e-mail to [email protected], explain my story in this e-mail (also tell, that the incorrectly credited miles were removed from the other ffp´s account) and ask for a reply. she also said, that i should use the contact-form on their website to ask for a reply to my e-mail, if i don´t hear back in time. i sent the e-mail and now i´m waiting again. *sigh*

if anyone has a more direct contact to miles&bonus who could speed things up a little bit - i would highly appreciate any help...
A retroclaim filed over a month ago for miles flown by my wife on TK with no FF# on the ticket has produced zero response from A3. Emails have not been answered either. Good luck to you.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 8:20 pm
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Yes it is always a bit risky to ask a desk agent to change any kind of FFP on a ticket... there is always a chance they screw up your whole itinerary (regarding miles I mean).

If something like this happen, first thing to contact is the FFP where the miles were credited wrongly. Explain the story and ask them nicely to remove those miles from your account.
Once it's done, contact the FFP where you wanted the miles to be credited in. It should work... fingers crossed.

Now, for A3, they might not be super fast but I always had an answer from them. They even called me on my Singapore cell phone.

If you can (if time difference is not an issue for you), try to contact them by phone, it's much easier and faster. Their English is quite good too.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.