FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   FAQ No. 1 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: All You need to Know (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/1338993-faq-no-1-aegean-miles-bonus-all-you-need-know.html)

kanor Feb 19, 2014 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer (Post 22377684)
Bumping this question, is there now a definitive answer from Aegean (or, failing that, some datapoints from members) on whether a flight with a fare class which is not eligible for accrual is sufficient to keep an account active ? The wording of the program T&Cs just say you have to fly, not fly on an eligible fare class.

Great FAQ, BTW. ^

The answer is technically no. You need mileage earning flight entry in your account statement.
What you could achieve with lawyering around it: I have no idea.

KLouis Feb 19, 2014 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer (Post 22377684)
Bumping this question, is there now a definitive answer from Aegean (or, failing that, some datapoints from members) on whether a flight with a fare class which is not eligible for accrual is sufficient to keep an account active ? The wording of the program T&Cs just say you have to fly, not fly on an eligible fare class.

Great FAQ, BTW. ^

Just an educated guess (based on other programmes): a flight earning no points is not a... flight!

Oxon Flyer Feb 22, 2014 2:14 pm

As it turns out, in my case, the question was academic.

I was considering the Swiss CHF39 'Geneva Economy Light' fare from GVA to LHR, and, contrary to my assumption that it would be non-eligible, it booked into K and so is indeed an eligible fare class. ^

AlwaysFlyStar Mar 16, 2014 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Richelieu (Post 18446849)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...aegean-faq.jpg

3f. Gold level benefits

[*]Seat allocation 24h hours before a flight
[/LIST]

As this is still listed as a benefit on the website, I must ask, why? It is also not a benefit for Blue members. However, anybody can check in 48 hours before the flight, so it seems to not really be a benefit? Or can Gold members check in before that? Are there any seats reserved for Gold members? Any seats anybody recommends on 321 and 320?

kanor Mar 16, 2014 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar (Post 22533883)
As this is still listed as a benefit on the website, I must ask, why? It is also not a benefit for Blue members. However, anybody can check in 48 hours before the flight, so it seems to not really be a benefit? Or can Gold members check in before that? Are there any seats reserved for Gold members? Any seats anybody recommends on 321 and 320?

This benefit is not about seat selection, but about getting a ticket for the flight.

Oxon Flyer Mar 16, 2014 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer (Post 22397788)
the Swiss CHF39 'Geneva Economy Light' fare from GVA to LHR

has indeed posted as a qualifying flight. :cool:

Xandrios Mar 26, 2014 9:41 am

Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar (Post 22533883)

Originally Posted by kanor (Post 22534104)
This benefit is not about seat selection, but about getting a ticket for the flight.

I do not believe this is correct. I noticed the following two benefits, which conflict with the "about getting a ticket for the flight" theory:

"Seat allocation (up to 24 hours prior to departure). "
"Priority reservation waitlisting and priority airport stand-by. "

So I sent them an email. Turns out that, as a gold member, one can indeed pre-select a seat UP TILL 24 hours (the check-in window):

Thank you for contacting the Customer Relations department of Aegean.

Referring to your e-mail, we would like to inform you that pre-seating may be provided either from Aegean Call Center department (contact number: 0030 210 62.61.000 / 24h operation) where one of our colleagues will be more than happy to assist you, either you may inform us via e-mail to the same e-mail address.

Looking forward to welcome you on board, it will be our pleasure to answer your questions in case you need any additional information.
I'll be passing through Athens this sunday so I will give it a try at the ticketing desk. I have two A3 itineraries booked so I'll ask them to reserve me a seat. I believe both the exit rows and row 1-4 have extra leg room?

KLouis Mar 26, 2014 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios (Post 22591246)
...I believe both the exit rows and row 1-4 have extra leg room?

That's exact!

Xandrios Mar 31, 2014 8:15 am

Thanks.

Yesterday I passed by the ticketing desk in ATH and they were very helpful - but were unable to select the seat for me. Reason seems to be that, because the itinerary was owned by LH/OS, they did not have the 'permission' to set the seats. She suggested it might also be because of the seat map not yet being loaded, but since the first flight is in may already I do not expect this to be the case..

dnviessk Mar 31, 2014 3:51 pm

I've made it.. flew more than 20000 miles and received my gold card in less than 2 weeks.
My award: surprisingly A3 classifies Israel into the north African region... I did not see the point to book a one way intra european business class.

The best one can get are the "new" LX seats to TLV ... there's also an option to go to TLV ex CDG via ADD but the flight was not available

Booked my flight to TLV ex GVA via ZRH for 90 euros ... during x mas / passover season .. a bargain

brumbrum Apr 10, 2014 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer (Post 22535222)
has indeed posted as a qualifying flight. :cool:

going to post the MAD-GVA (f)light too. It gives 500 instead of 125 miles at Swiss FFP itself :-)

tangoll Apr 15, 2014 12:46 am

Renew Gold Card A3

Hi, my A3 Gold Card expires 12/2015. What do I need to do to renew the Gold status? Is it another 20,000 miles that I must earn and deposit into my A3 account? Or some other way to get a renewal?

Thanks. Question has probably been answered a lot of times, and I apologize if I haven't searched thru all the FAQ's.

AlwaysFlyStar Apr 15, 2014 1:46 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios (Post 22591246)

So I sent them an email. Turns out that, as a gold member, one can indeed pre-select a seat UP TILL 24 hours (the check-in window):

I'll be passing through Athens this sunday so I will give it a try at the ticketing desk. I have two A3 itineraries booked so I'll ask them to reserve me a seat. I believe both the exit rows and row 1-4 have extra leg room?

Ha. Instead of just saying seat allocation any time after booking? Also funny as they now allow check in up to 48 hours before. But anyway, seems funny to me at least.

hawklx Apr 15, 2014 4:13 am

Originally Posted by tangoll (Post 22706341)
Hi, my A3 Gold Card expires 12/2015. What do I need to do to renew the Gold status? Is it another 20,000 miles that I must earn and deposit into my A3 account? Or some other way to get a renewal?

Thanks. Question has probably been answered a lot of times, and I apologize if I haven't searched thru all the FAQ's.

There are indded many questions regarding card expiry date.
My understanding is that the card is usually only valid for a year, even though your gold status should be fine for 36 months. So if you only qualified for Gold this year then you will receive a new card at 12/15.
To renew your gold status after 3 years you only need to take one eligible flight within 36 months.

Your question is probably better answered here:):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...sh-course.html

kanor Apr 15, 2014 5:55 am

Originally Posted by hawklx (Post 22706757)
There are indded many questions regarding card expiry date.

There are zero open questions on the card expiry date, extensively discussed and explained here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...-validity.html
Short answer: your understanding is correct.