Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles&Bonus
Reload this Page >

FAQ No. 1 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: All You need to Know

FAQ No. 1 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: All You need to Know

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 22, 17, 10:40 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Wiki Link
Members should note that the contents in this thread mostly relate to the old Miles+Bonus programme, and therefore may be dramatically out of date. The information can only be relied upon for historical purposes, and that contained in early posts in particular should be treated with caution.
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 14, 13, 11:12 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity Red; IHG Spire
Request for award ticket

Hello, I don't think this has been asked / covered before:

I filled out a M&B request today for 3 award tickets on SAA for a domestic sector in South Africa, mainly to see how they would price out the quote in points and taxes. So, I filled out the first page and then pressed the submit button expecting to find a quote for the points and taxes required on the next page. Instead it was a note saying thank you for submitting your request.

Now, I expect that they will eventually come back to me by email with a quote for available flights, but I just want to confirm that I am not now obligated to purchasing the flights. I can't see how I could be, since they have not supplied a quote yet, but just want to make sure, as I will probably buy the flights instead (as I expect the quote to be too high) and don't want to wait too long to do that.

Can someone please confirm this?

With thanks,

tb
Old Dec 14, 13, 11:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold; Flying Blue Ivory
Originally Posted by tallboy View Post
Hello, I don't think this has been asked / covered before:

I filled out a M&B request today for 3 award tickets on SAA for a domestic sector in South Africa, mainly to see how they would price out the quote in points and taxes. So, I filled out the first page and then pressed the submit button expecting to find a quote for the points and taxes required on the next page. Instead it was a note saying thank you for submitting your request.

Now, I expect that they will eventually come back to me by email with a quote for available flights, but I just want to confirm that I am not now obligated to purchasing the flights. I can't see how I could be, since they have not supplied a quote yet, but just want to make sure, as I will probably buy the flights instead (as I expect the quote to be too high) and don't want to wait too long to do that.

Can someone please confirm this?

With thanks,

tb
They will give you a call back with the options. Only then you decide to book or not. I filled one in last week Thursday and not heard back yet.

Last time I was looking for TG F to PEK and filled in the request form they could not see the TG availability I could see on ANA and provided an option on Air China which I kindly declined.

Globalist
Old Dec 14, 13, 11:21 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity Red; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Globalist View Post
They will give you a call back with the options. Only then you decide to book or not. I filled one in last week Thursday and not heard back yet.

Last time I was looking for TG F to PEK and filled in the request form they could not see the TG availability I could see on ANA and provided an option on Air China which I kindly declined.

Globalist
Many thanks for the quick and helpful response Globalist.

Cheers,

tb
Old Dec 15, 13, 2:14 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by tallboy View Post
Many thanks for the quick and helpful response Globalist.

Cheers,

tb
call them with skype, that is the only fast way.
Old Jan 18, 14, 6:17 am

Programs: A3*G, various other status-less cards (QR, SQ, NZ, AB, EK, BA)
Originally Posted by SiPi View Post
Wondering...
I have a Flight coming up on US Airways in R class (lowest paid fare class) at the time of booking, R class still appeared in the 100% earnings field in Aegeans earning table for US, but was removed recently.
I wanna try crediting the miles of that upcoming flight to Aegean for the possibility that it will earn mileage, am I risking losing everything? Meaning, if i give my Aegean ff # and don't get any mileage credit, can i then try to claim those miles with a diffent *A partner given that I did not get credit for it yet or does my try for Aegean miles ( in the event r class will not give me mileage there) kill my chance of receiving mileage credit for this flight with a different partner that normally would give for this fare class ( like united) ?
Any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks.
I know this is a late answer, but I'm answering for the benefit of anyone else reading through this thread. As another poster mentioned already, it's no problem if you book a flight on another *A carrier and link your A3 FFP to that flight, take the flight, discover that you accrued no miles because the flight's fare-class wasn't eligible for accrual on A3, then retro-claim on *another* *A program you're a member of. I've done this before, and it works. I believe that when you make a retro-claim, *A carriers have some way of checking the flight details you supply, to ensure that the miles were never claimed for any other FFP.

Anyway, see this link here for a thread that discusses this :
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19921351-post28.html
Old Jan 27, 14, 4:18 am

Card expiration

Hi,

I signed up for the program in June 2011, and have not yet credited miles. I'm confused about the 2 year vs 3 year expiration -- can I still credit miles to the account now? Or should I simply open a new account? And do the tier miles earned at signup count toward the total, still?

Thanks.
Old Jan 27, 14, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QR PC Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, SK EB silver, Nordic Choice Platinum, Liberokerho GOLD, SJ Black
Doesn't seem that complicated. You have hade you r account for more than 24 months wiothout activity?
T&C chapter 1 10:
If a Basic Member has not flown at least once within a period of twenty four (24) months from the date of his/her last registered and Account-validated flight, then his/her Card and Account will be automatically inactivated and cannot be used for any purpose (mileage accrual or redemption) ...
So it should be closed. Can you log into the account? That seems like an easy test to find out if it is still there...
Old Jan 27, 14, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by intuition View Post
Doesn't seem that complicated. You have hade you r account for more than 24 months wiothout activity?
T&C chapter 1 10:

So it should be closed. Can you log into the account? That seems like an easy test to find out if it is still there...
Right, doesn't seem complicated - except that I can log in with no problem. (My guess is that it's still open for retro redemption.) Is there any risk in opening a new account in the same name/same address/etc? That seems like the safest bet.
Old Jan 27, 14, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QR PC Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, SK EB silver, Nordic Choice Platinum, Liberokerho GOLD, SJ Black
Originally Posted by intltravel90 View Post
Right, doesn't seem complicated - except that I can log in with no problem. (My guess is that it's still open for retro redemption.) Is there any risk in opening a new account in the same name/same address/etc? That seems like the safest bet.
Aha, yes you may be in that in-between period. So it seems better to start a new account. The only risk I can see is that there is provisions in T&C saying it is not allowed - duplicate accounts will lead to one getting closed and miles abolished. Doesn't seem a big problem if you don't have any miles.
Old Jan 27, 14, 9:44 am

Yikes. I'm about to put 20,000 miles on the account. I wonder if they would close the account if I called - or if that would flag my account in a negative way. Any thoughts?
Old Jan 28, 14, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by intltravel90 View Post
Yikes. I'm about to put 20,000 miles on the account. I wonder if they would close the account if I called - or if that would flag my account in a negative way. Any thoughts?
Scream: CALL THEM and find out!
Old Jan 29, 14, 12:08 pm

How I may find out which countries are in each award region. For example, they have a region named "NEAR EAST & CENTRAL ASIA". Which countries are in this region?
Old Jan 29, 14, 12:28 pm

See the PDF linked to on the redemption page:

http://el.aegeanair.com/Themes/1/Def...demptionA3.pdf
Old Feb 3, 14, 6:34 pm

Email contact to supervisor?

Hi all,

Does anybody have an email contact to a supervisor at Miles & Bonus? Any time I write to [email protected], I either don't get any answer for weeks, or I get an answer from Vasia Konstantara. Since she isn't helping me at all, and I can't get her to connect me to her supervisor, I'm kinda stuck.
Does anybody have a direct contact to someone above her? Or just someone else? Anyone else at M&B?

Thanks
Old Feb 19, 14, 10:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by release View Post
Is a flight, with a fare code earning no mile, is considered as valid to maintain the validity of the Gold card (in the period of 36 months)
Bumping this question, is there now a definitive answer from Aegean (or, failing that, some datapoints from members) on whether a flight with a fare class which is not eligible for accrual is sufficient to keep an account active ? The wording of the program T&Cs just say you have to fly, not fly on an eligible fare class.

Great FAQ, BTW. ^

Search this Thread
Search Engine: