Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

FAQ No. 1 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: All You need to Know

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Members should note that the contents in this thread mostly relate to the old Miles+Bonus programme, and therefore may be dramatically out of date. The information can only be relied upon for historical purposes, and that contained in early posts in particular should be treated with caution.
Print Wikipost

FAQ No. 1 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: All You need to Know

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2013, 3:32 pm

Hello,

my first post in this forum, I am a *A Frequent Flyer (LH), I am not realistically going to have the *A Lufthansa Senator Status within 12 months since I do not fly enough for that.

Over 12 Months I fly around 50.000 *A Miles.

I am only interested in Accessoing Lounges even with Economy and gathering as many Miles as possible to get free tickets/upgrades for me & gfriend.

I have now 250K miles on the M&M card, I if swtich now to A3 M&B, what would be the best thing to do? Credit to the old M&M LH card and than Benefit to the new M&B A3 card?

Thank you
Old Apr 17, 2013, 11:39 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Luca Avalle
Hello,

my first post in this forum, I am a *A Frequent Flyer (LH), I am not realistically going to have the *A Lufthansa Senator Status within 12 months since I do not fly enough for that.

Over 12 Months I fly around 50.000 *A Miles.

I am only interested in Accessoing Lounges even with Economy and gathering as many Miles as possible to get free tickets/upgrades for me & gfriend.

I have now 250K miles on the M&M card, I if swtich now to A3 M&B, what would be the best thing to do? Credit to the old M&M LH card and than Benefit to the new M&B A3 card?

Thank you
Use up the 250k you have with M&M.

If you fly 50k a year, you're probably better off with OZ, TK, or even UA.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 5:27 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Use up the 250k you have with M&M.

If you fly 50k a year, you're probably better off with OZ, TK, or even UA.
I think UA is the only one of those which has a UA metal requirement for status.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 5:52 pm

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
Originally Posted by :D!
I think UA is the only one of those which has a UA metal requirement for status.
AC does as well. 5 segments minimum or 10,000 miles on AC metal.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 7:30 am

Programs: M&M: FTL; A3: *G; Hertz: #1 Club Gold President's Circle
Is a flight, with a fare code earning no mile, is considered as valid to maintain the validity of the Gold card (in the period of 36 months)
Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by release
Is a flight, with a fare code earning no mile, is considered as valid to maintain the validity of the Gold card (in the period of 36 months)
I guess not. This opinion stems from what I remember from Flying Blue, though, and not from a relevant experience with A3.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 11:51 pm

Programs: OZ*G, QF Gold
Originally Posted by release
I highly doubt it. Case in point: I recently bought a super cheap, non-mileage earning fare on Air NZ for a quick weekend trip from Australia to NZ, put my A3 membership # on the itinerary so I could get all the *G perks - and it didn't even register anything on my activity page, not even something saying 'ineligible fare' or what not.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 5:18 am

Programs: M&M: FTL; A3: *G; Hertz: #1 Club Gold President's Circle
Originally Posted by FlyingJoy
I highly doubt it. Case in point: I recently bought a super cheap, non-mileage earning fare on Air NZ for a quick weekend trip from Australia to NZ, put my A3 membership # on the itinerary so I could get all the *G perks - and it didn't even register anything on my activity page, not even something saying 'ineligible fare' or what not.
Originally Posted by KLouis
I guess not. This opinion stems from what I remember from Flying Blue, though, and not from a relevant experience with A3.
thank you for your opinion
Old Jun 26, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: Ambassador, spg plat
Question on this one:
To maintain an account active, you're expected to credit a flight at least every 24 months as a Basic member, once every 36 months as an elite member

So I flew a few days before the 24 months passed, but the miles never credited, despite having my A3 number on there. Retro claiming doesn't work for me (maybe because of the account expiry?). Anyone have been in this situation before? Should I start witha new account or can Aegean lift the account expiry?
Old Jun 27, 2013, 1:14 am

Programs: UA, DL, A3
Originally Posted by hunkster
So I flew a few days before the 24 months passed, but the miles never credited, despite having my A3 number on there. Retro claiming doesn't work for me (maybe because of the account expiry?). Anyone have been in this situation before? Should I start witha new account or can Aegean lift the account expiry?
I have no experience.
I think you should contact A3 because you credited miles to A3 before 24-month period. If the system cannot credit mile to your account (due to account expiry?), they should manually reactivate and credit miles to your account.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by hunkster
Question on this one:
To maintain an account active, you're expected to credit a flight at least every 24 months as a Basic member, once every 36 months as an elite member

What's the reason for keeping the account if, in 24 months, you haven't even credited 3000 miles to achieve the lowest, blue (silver) status?

Last edited by KLouis; Jun 27, 2013 at 3:23 pm
Old Jun 28, 2013, 1:04 am

Programs: Ambassador, spg plat
Short answer, I never got round to it!
In the meantime I have gathered enough to go for gold, if I can get retro claiming to work! Thanks everyone!
Old Jul 8, 2013, 3:03 pm

Programs: A3*G
5c. Are award ticket flexible?

No, you can't change tickets and you'll have to cancel them, incurring a 50% penalty on the miles used. You can cancel ticket up to 24h before a flight. Book wisely!
this has changed already.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
Of course, that's my personal opinion, and to make the thread less boring I include here a link to a video showing one of my dogs sleeping next to me son. It has absolutely nothing to do with the thread (possibly with the lack of lie-flat beds on many long-haul planes), but unless the mod gets really angry at me, it should make the A3 thread less boring.
That was truly funny, and certainly upgraded the interest factor. But I agree, this little forum is not boring. I am nearly at Gold status, and considering a mileage run to make up the difference.

I have enough miles on AE to take trips I want, built up from the past, so I don't really care about that part of it (maybe will change mind later and put to the test).

I've decided to leave AE and have been putting my status miles into A3 to get gold. Mostly, I want it for the *A lounge access, extra baggage, other perks of gold.

You sometimes get quite an astonished reaction when they see at the gate that you are not part of a "traditional" frequent flyer program.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 11:59 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, HH Diamond, A3 Gold, ALL Gold
Hi! Is it possible to book awards on *A to family members (i would not be travelling with them) via web, or should I call. They state it is required written names of the award passengers, but does not say how (mail, email, fax, scanned?), any thoughts/experiences?
Txs and nice flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.