Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

FAQ No. 1 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: All You need to Know

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Members should note that the contents in this thread mostly relate to the old Miles+Bonus programme, and therefore may be dramatically out of date. The information can only be relied upon for historical purposes, and that contained in early posts in particular should be treated with caution.
Print Wikipost

FAQ No. 1 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: All You need to Know

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Snacky
I just found out that I had to "always allow" third-party cookies in Firefox, to be able to stay logged in to the A3 M+B website and access my account details. It's not enough to only check the "allow cookies" checkbox. When I use IE11, I just use it in a standard configuration, so I guess that's why it just works (and at the same time allowing any and all nasty tracking devices to have at me, tearing my privacy to pieces).
If you have a way (maybe an addon) of allowing only certain 3rd party site's cookies, you can just whitelist 'a3.frequentflyer.aero'. Accepting that particular site's cookies should fix the logged out issue. You don't need to accept the other cookies (e.g. twitter, google) that A3 tries to send.
Old May 19, 2015, 1:48 am

Programs: SQ*G, A3*G
Status Renewal Policy

I was wondering if I were to re-qualify for Gold earlier than the current expiration date, would there be an earlier re-qualification date (i.e. my next renewal date would be less than a year from the original expiration date) or would be still be the old date?

Much thanks,
J.
Old May 19, 2015, 5:47 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by neurofrou
I was wondering if I were to re-qualify for Gold earlier than the current expiration date, would there be an earlier re-qualification date (i.e. my next renewal date would be less than a year from the original expiration date) or would be still be the old date?

Much thanks,
J.
neurofrou, welcome to FT and the A3 forum in particular. Hopefully you'll have many more A3 experiences to post about in the years to come.

Bear in mind that, as of November last year, much of the information in this thread is completely outdated with the introduction of the new M&B so it doesn't pay to rely on it too much!

Your membership year is fixed, so it doesn't matter when you re-qualify - you will not have a change of renewal date. You'll probably find the thread linked below will give you more information than you could ever hope to absorb!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...tails-m-b.html
Old May 20, 2015, 9:15 am

Thank you!

I'm A3 *G, it states on my acc. 2 card upgrades - 24/11/2014 and 16/12/2014 even though I qualified for *G before the 24/11 deadline; system didn't show and I called on 15/12. Oddly though, my card shows 16/02/2016.

Actually my main concern is not inability to meet the deadline, but that should I retroactively accrue all my miles and hit the 24k miles requirement now, I will be re-qualify immediately then and "lose" months in the process and my new year starts now.
Old May 28, 2015, 10:34 pm

Does anyone know what this means "Your request has not been processed as the time required for miles crediting on the specific airline is not yet due" ?
Old May 29, 2015, 5:07 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by neurofrou
Does anyone know what this means "Your request has not been processed as the time required for miles crediting on the specific airline is not yet due" ?
It's not the best-worded phrase, but it means the 14 days from your flight has not yet expired, so you are not yet able to submit a retroclaim.
Old May 30, 2015, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
It's not the best-worded phrase, but it means the 14 days from your flight has not yet expired, so you are not yet able to submit a retroclaim.
Thanks so much!
Old Oct 14, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Are you allowed to book award flights through a third region. Say north America to connection in central America to Caribbean?
Old May 16, 2016, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Question Duty Free

I tried buying the olive oil from Duty Free and it was not possible using my miles. She tried to swipe the card and scan it as well. Has any one done this successfully.
Old May 16, 2016, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I tried buying the olive oil from Duty Free and it was not possible using my miles. She tried to swipe the card and scan it as well. Has any one done this successfully.
Again, a Radio Erivan story: In principle yes, they were able to scan my card, but no, I never saw any miles in my account.

Actually, a bottle of oil costing less than 10 € (a simple guess since I produce my own olive oil), why bother for less than 20 award miles?
Old May 16, 2016, 11:22 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by KLouis
Again, a Radio Erivan story: In principle yes, they were able to scan my card, but no, I never saw any miles in my account.

Actually, a bottle of oil costing less than 10 € (a simple guess since I produce my own olive oil), why bother for less than 20 award miles?
I assumed tho poster meant he/she was paying for the product with miles as you can make purchases using miles at the Hellenic Duty Free shops and I think the rate is 200 miles per Euro.

I've never tried it, but as to the other way around - yes, I have usually received the award miles for any purchases I make there. If you have your M&B number on your boarding card then there's no need to even show the card. It's worked maybe 6 or 7 times and failed once.
Old May 17, 2016, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
I assumed tho poster meant he/she was paying for the product with miles as you can make purchases using miles at the Hellenic Duty Free shops and I think the rate is 200 miles per Euro.

I've never tried it, but as to the other way around - yes, I have usually received the award miles for any purchases I make there. If you have your M&B number on your boarding card then there's no need to even show the card. It's worked maybe 6 or 7 times and failed once.
Yes thats precisely right. We were trying to pay with our miles as the total was 47 Euros or so.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I need to book some Aegean flights coming up. They are not massive distances but mainly island hoping. I don't have status with united but I have a small amount of miles in my united account that maybe I can put together in the future for a domestic reward or something. My question is when I go to book my aegean ticket online how do I set it up so the miles from the flight get credited to United? I just see the option for them to be credited to my Aegean account. Is crediting them to United the best thing?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 4:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Red259
I need to book some Aegean flights coming up. They are not massive distances but mainly island hoping. I don't have status with united but I have a small amount of miles in my united account that maybe I can put together in the future for a domestic reward or something. My question is when I go to book my aegean ticket online how do I set it up so the miles from the flight get credited to United? I just see the option for them to be credited to my Aegean account. Is crediting them to United the best thing?
You need to get your MP account associated with the ticket. The folks here are in the A3 forum are the best to answer this.

Your duplicate posting in UA forum, a FT Rule violation was deleted. You should get the answers you need here in the A3 foru,.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by Red259
Several domestic flights are operated by OA (codeshares). Although OA is a 100% subsidiary of A3, flights these flights don't earn miles on non-M+B programs as the airline is not part of *A. In those cases the system only allows for the M+B member's number to be filled in in the booking. In contrast, when booking "straight" domestic flights (marketed and operated by A3, such as HER and SKG) the feature is not blocked. In other words, "island hopping" earns no *A miles!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.