[UK-based] A3 Gold with a trip in Asia?

Old Jan 28, 2012, 2:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
Oh ye of little faith :P Assuming that means you're staying the night of 8th April then I just checked and they've still got rooms at €43 (~Ł36) Sale ends 31/1/12 though, so book soon!
You'll definitely be able to use the SQ lounge (assuming there's no LX one there which I doubt) don't know what they're like though.
Note that in SIN, if you are not flying C/J, FC, or Suites, you will not have access to the regular SQ lounge but will be sent to a special *A *G lounge that SQ operates in T3 or a special contract lounge for such passengers in T2. AFAIK in BKK you can use the regular TG business class lounge.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Note that in SIN, if you are not flying C/J, FC, or Suites, you will not have access to the regular SQ lounge but will be sent to a special *A *G lounge that SQ operates in T3 or a special contract lounge for such passengers in T2. AFAIK in BKK you can use the regular TG business class lounge.
Yes, it's a bit tricky with SIN. For example, in German airports, the *G lounge is better than the Business lounge (*G is SEN for M&M, while FTL (M&M Silver) is Business lounge) - in SIN it's the other way round, *G are sent to the "cheap" lounge, C class pax get the real deal.. ^
Old Jan 28, 2012, 5:43 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
However, if you look for the *A *Gold sign, that should clarify the situation.

The difference in treatment is that LH does not treat their FTLs (*A *S, IIRC at about 50,000 miles for two years?) very well, believing that only SEN and HON matter which by courtesy is extended to other *Golds, while SQ treats their own elites and especially PPS much better than anyone else.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
However, if you look for the *A *Gold sign, that should clarify the situation.

The difference in treatment is that LH does not treat their FTLs (*A *S, IIRC at about 50,000 miles for two years?) very well, believing that only SEN and HON matter which by courtesy is extended to other *Golds, while SQ treats their own elites and especially PPS much better than anyone else.
Although you're basically correct, you obviously haven't been in the FRA SEN/*G Schengen lounge (A26, IIRC). You will see there how much LH values its own and its partners' best customers. Although the food is decent, the lounge is usually standing room only!
Old Feb 4, 2012, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
Although you're basically correct, you obviously haven't been in the FRA SEN/*G Schengen lounge (A26, IIRC). You will see there how much LH values its own and its partners' best customers. Although the food is decent, the lounge is usually standing room only!
I have and although the lounge can be crowded, the food offerings are much more extensive than it the LH business class lounges at FRA. The furnishings also seem better, but I haven't systematically compared the LH lounges in this respect and I suspect that they're of different vintages in different areas of FRA.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Thanks for all the replies! I am currently in BKK (Park Plaza), just back from Ayutthaya, which is an awesome place!
I'm off in two days to Pak Chong, then I fly to Samui/Koh Tao for a week, then I spend another week relaxing in Lipe before I head back to Singapore!
Luckily I have booked my SIN-BKK segment with SQ, so I'll do a little bit of lounge-hopping like I did in BKK!

I'll write a trip report once I'm back

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.