No miles with A3 = No use of *G perks?

Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
No miles with A3 = No use of *G perks?

On my recent SAS flight in Business Class, booked via LX as a code share flight in booking class P, my *S status somehow didn't show up on the boarding pass. Since this was my last flight before qualifying for *G, I figured the system perhaps already knew I was turning *G so the *S wouldn't shop up on the BP.

This turned out to be completely wrong, as the miles didn't show up and it's been 10 days now.

So my question now is, are there no status perks if the booking class you've purchased doesn't qualify for mileage earning?

(Although in my case all booking classes on in Biz should generate miles. Somehow LX P should be converted to SAS Z as they are booking classes in the same travel class. Somehow it seems P on SAS is still Economy Discount, and for some reason the miles haven't been posted.)
Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LH4116
On my recent SAS flight in Business Class, booked via LX as a code share flight in booking class P, my *S status somehow didn't show up on the boarding pass. Since this was my last flight before qualifying for *G, I figured the system perhaps already knew I was turning *G so the *S wouldn't shop up on the BP.

This turned out to be completely wrong, as the miles didn't show up and it's been 10 days now.

So my question now is, are there no status perks if the booking class you've purchased doesn't qualify for mileage earning?

(Although in my case all booking classes on in Biz should generate miles. Somehow LX P should be converted to SAS Z as they are booking classes in the same travel class. Somehow it seems P on SAS is still Economy Discount, and for some reason the miles haven't been posted.)
1) your status did not show up on BP: your flight did not get registered in your FFP... so you wont get your miles however long you wait! now let us know how retroclaim works with A3 :P

2) usually with flights, status works and you get perks for a 0% flight. but if your status didnt get registered (point #1), you wont get the perks...

3) your miles should depend on the marketing airline (LX in this case) and their subclass (P class for LX)... but first of all your status needs to be recorded on your BP.

so now, off you go to retroclaim your flight! :P
Old Jan 12, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kaka
3) your miles should depend on the marketing airline (LX in this case) and their subclass (P class for LX)... but first of all your status needs to be recorded on your BP.
No. In star alliance, the miles depend on operating carrier, not marketing carrier.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by kaka
...2) usually with flights, status works and you get perks for a 0% flight. but if your status didnt get registered (point #1), you wont get the perks...
And you also get the perks on a 0% flight by showing your card. Of course, the question is what kind of perks are you talking about here being a M&B blue member?
Old Jan 13, 2012, 3:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by KLouis
And you also get the perks on a 0% flight by showing your card. Of course, the question is what kind of perks are you talking about here being a M&B blue member?
Probably boarding with the *A Silver group, but business class surely boards earlier.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.