Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles&Bonus
Reload this Page >

Setting your seating preference on the M&B website

Old Jan 7, 12, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So, I've hunted all over for the little radio buttons to set window or aisle as your profile preference. Am I

* Really dumb - in which case explain where they are please!
* Quite right in which case why aren't they there?

TIA
Old Jan 7, 12, 4:15 am

I have exactly the same questions you have! I'm always being given a "B" seat, even when I am the first one to check-in (yak!), and I was told by several friends that you can set your preference. Like you, I can't manage to find out how you do this.
Old Jan 7, 12, 4:43 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by KLouis View Post
I have exactly the same questions you have! I'm always being given a "B" seat, even when I am the first one to check-in (yak!), and I was told by several friends that you can set your preference. Like you, I can't manage to find out how you do this.
LOL, same here.

Sounds like A3's special treatment for A3 golds. There's always the bright side: middle seat means better chances to get to know more and more interesting people.
Old Jan 7, 12, 7:35 am

Programs: AS 75K (OWE), TK ELPL (*G), BA Gold (OWE), DL GM (ST E+), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by andre1970 View Post
LOL, same here.

Sounds like A3's special treatment for A3 golds. There's always the bright side: middle seat means better chances to get to know more and more interesting people.
Actually, since the seats next to *G are blocked, you could theoretically have the whole row. I don't recommend trying this though - it would only work if the cabin was 1/2 empty...
Old Jan 8, 12, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL View Post
Actually, since the seats next to *G are blocked, you could theoretically have the whole row. I don't recommend trying this though - it would only work if the cabin was 1/2 empty...
I thought about it too, but as you say, seats are only "blocked" as far as there are few people on board...
Old Jan 8, 12, 8:48 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL View Post
Originally Posted by KLouis View Post
I thought about it too, but as you say, seats are only "blocked" as far as there are few people on board...
That "seat blocking for *G" thing is something not robust. I'll try to avoid the use of the word "myth" in this forum...

Furthermore, it's existence could only be, sort of, substantiated when the cabin is close to full, right? Otherwise it is not a, uh, benefit. Otherwise, an empty seat next to a *G could just be the outcome of pure luck. On a half empty plane I can move wherever I want following the "boarding completed" announcement.
Old Jan 8, 12, 8:54 am

Programs: AS 75K (OWE), TK ELPL (*G), BA Gold (OWE), DL GM (ST E+), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by andre1970 View Post
That "seat blocking for *G" thing is something not robust. I'll try to avoid the use of the word "myth" in this forum...

Furthermore, it's existence could only be, sort of, substantiated when the cabin is close to full, right? Otherwise it is not a, uh, benefit. Otherwise, an empty seat next to a *G could just be the outcome of pure luck. On a half empty plane I can move wherever I want following the "boarding completed" announcement.
No, in GDS, seats next to *Gs turn into a + sign. That means that it can only be assigned if all other seats are filled except if overridden by an agent. So that is enough proof for me that seat blocking is an official policy.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: