Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles&Bonus
Reload this Page >

Does the A3 *gold/silver card give status bonus miles like other programmes?

Old Dec 8, 11, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Does A3 give bonus miles to gold or blue for flying partner flights? Couldn't find it on their websites
Old Dec 8, 11, 7:02 pm

Programs: AS 75K, TK ELPL (*G), BA Gold (OWE), DL GM (ST E+), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
nope.
Old Jan 2, 12, 4:39 am

Programs: Delta PLAT + 1K United for 2011, ????? for 2012
Does A3 - gold card give 100% bonus miles like others ?

Hi

I could not find this ,

Do you get the 100% bonus miles like you would get with United, Delta, AA once you are gold with economy tickets ?

I normally fly long flights West Coast USA to Europe or USA-Asia and the 2x miles give me a free flight every 2-3 trips.

Thanks for the info

RB
Old Jan 2, 12, 4:53 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Miles & More
AFAIK being a A3 M&B Gold Member does not give you any bonus miles.

Your earning rate only depends on the booking class and the airline you're flying with (UA L -> 50%, UA Z -> 200%).
Old Jan 2, 12, 7:59 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by redondo-beach View Post
Do you get the 100% bonus miles like you would get with United, Delta, AA once you are gold with economy tickets ?
Nope
Old Jan 2, 12, 8:15 am

Programs: SK EBg/baEC G/MR P/A3 *G/CC G/HH D/IHG Spire
and even others only give bonus on own metal so it wouldnt help much
Old Jan 2, 12, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by kauppias View Post
BMI gives 25% on all flights for silver and gold (+10% for golds on BD+LH).
Old Jan 2, 12, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
That's why after 20k I am crediting to US.
Old Jan 2, 12, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by kauppias View Post
Well, there are some of us who actually fly A3 (35 flights last year, domestic and international)!
Old Jan 2, 12, 7:12 pm

thanks for the info,

without the bonus miles it looks like its smart to get enough miles to get a FF ticket and Gold status and then credit to another account.

The bonus miles are like a 10-20% discount to me on each flight I get them

RB
Old Jan 2, 12, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
Originally Posted by KLouis View Post
Well, there are some of us who actually fly A3 (35 flights last year, domestic and international)!
Are you beginning to feel violated by all these barbarians at the gates? They are out to rape and pillage your FF program and never step foot on an A3 airplane or visit Greece. All A3 will see is about $200 or so from the airlines on which they fly when those carriers buy their miles. I suppose it's like a ship flying a flag of convenience! As for me, I am looking forward to actually flying A3 next week for the first time and injecting some money into it and the Greek economy, though my miles will go into my AE account where they belong.
Old Jan 2, 12, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder View Post
Are you beginning to feel violated by all these barbarians at the gates? They are out to rape and pillage your FF program and never step foot on an A3 airplane or visit Greece. All A3 will see is about $200 or so from the airlines on which they fly when those carriers buy their miles. I suppose it's like a ship flying a flag of convenience! As for me, I am looking forward to actually flying A3 next week for the first time and injecting some money into it and the Greek economy, though my miles will go into my AE account where they belong.
Since I'm not a share holder, I really don't feel "violated" . I'm just afraid that some day the M&B rules will be changed, and rules are never changed in a positive way for us! I've experienced this when I was a FB Platinum since before the programme started (through KLM), and I had to jump ship two years before qualifying for lifetime PE: there was no way to re-qualify, even if I didn't change my yearly schedule! On the other hand, we should not forget that FT certainly does not represent the majority of flyers, and I really wonder how many people there are out there who take advantage of the easy way to become (and stay) a Gold member. Finally, Flyertalk's A3 Forum will certainly help A3: So far I haven't seen a single negative comment for the airline! Is there a better, free way to advertise among the community?

And before I forget, yes, do visit Greece! It's still a wonderful place in spite of everything .
Old Jan 2, 12, 11:46 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat
A bit off-topic but wow, I didn't know UA/CO FF was giving 100% bonus miles on their flights to *G. And it's not just on UA/CO but also ANA, LH and USAir ^

Not bad if someone's flying a lot transatlantic ^
Old Jan 3, 12, 12:53 am

Thats one reason staying with Star alliance , the 100% bonus is great but also if you can find a saver fare its 60-65K for a tranatlantic / transpacific RT coach ticket with very little fees.

I am typing this from BKK now on a saver ticket I booked 2 months out as a back-up because of the floods.,

Works for me

RB
Old Jan 3, 12, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
Originally Posted by enelym1978 View Post
A bit off-topic but wow, I didn't know UA/CO FF was giving 100% bonus miles on their flights to *G. And it's not just on UA/CO but also ANA, LH and USAir ^

Not bad if someone's flying a lot transatlantic ^
Rather exaggerated because of this year's change. You will only get 100% mileage bonus when flying UA, US, CO, LH, NH and AC if you are a 1K under the new MP program. 75% if you're Plat, 50% if you're Gold and 25% if you're Silver, the new tiers for 2012. This is a reciprocal arrangement between UA and those carriers. Not all STAR elite programs offer this multiplier. (Note these are redeemable not status miles.)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: