Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&B website error and number question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2011, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

M&B website error and number question

I signed up for A3's program when Aeroplan played around with their program in ov. I managed to log on then, but I promptly forgot about till today, when I decided to have a look around in anticipation of my flight tomorrow (YOW-LHR).

After several tries, I ve conceded defeat. I went through the "forgot your username" process to cross check my username and I went through the password reset several times, but no luck.

To top it off, A3's FAQ indicates that the membership number is 7 digits (?!?!). My membership number is 9 digits.

I ve fired off an email to see whatsup - anyone else have any issues like this? I hope they don't bungle it tomorrow.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 8:26 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
If you haven't credited any points, why don't you just sign up for another account?
Old Dec 22, 2011, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
If you haven't credited any points, why don't you just sign up for another account?
I thought of that, but I already checked in for my flight before doing that. I had my number handy - I just never bothered logging in to look around. Did it after checking in, out of curiosity.

Not particularly keen on cancelling my check in.... but I figure that the system is recognizing me insofar as its validated my A3 number and email address, albeit by sending me new pins.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 8:37 pm

Programs: NH Plat
Originally Posted by yulred
To top it off, A3's FAQ indicates that the membership number is 7 digits (?!?!). My membership number is 9 digits.
My membership number is also 9 digits - works fine for me
Old Dec 22, 2011, 8:44 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Well, regardless of what happens, I'd make sure to keep the boarding passes - you need them for retro claims.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 9:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
It's a bug that affects a few people after signing up. Using the online reset doesn't work. Email miles.bonus[AT]aegeanair.com and ask them to reset your account for you. They'll email you with a new password when it's done. It'll work fine after that.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
It's a bug that affects a few people after signing up. Using the online reset doesn't work. Email miles.bonus[AT]aegeanair.com and ask them to reset your account for you. They'll email you with a new password when it's done. It'll work fine after that.
Thanks. I ll do that tomorrow. Was a bit concerned about losing the points but should be okay. Will hold on to the BPs too.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 9:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Don't expect a reply within an hour or two, it'll probably take a day or two. Given it's Friday and Christmas it could be next week, but you will get an email when it's been done.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:03 pm
jtn

Programs: UA 1K
slow email response from Aegean

Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
Don't expect a reply within an hour or two, it'll probably take a day or two. Given it's Friday and Christmas it could be next week, but you will get an email when it's been done.
I have the same problem with resetting the password. The new password that they email doesn't work at all.

Emailed MB a week ago and still have not gotten a response.

What are people's experiences when contacting them by phone?
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:02 pm

As I recall when first registering, the A3 FF number is 9 digits and given to you by the website, but the password is 4 - 7 digits (numbers only), which you decide and set yourself, and not given by the website.

So I think there must be some confusion on part of those contacting A3 and asking for a new password. I agree with the poster who said to register a new account, but make sure the first and last names you use are exactly the same as the name you use on the air ticket and boarding pass, as well as the name on other FF accounts.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 5:31 am

Programs: LX M&M FTL, Aegean Gold, Mabuhay Miles Platinum
Originally Posted by tangoll
As I recall when first registering, the A3 FF number is 9 digits and given to you by the website, but the password is 4 - 7 digits (numbers only), which you decide and set yourself, and not given by the website.

So I think there must be some confusion on part of those contacting A3 and asking for a new password. I agree with the poster who said to register a new account, but make sure the first and last names you use are exactly the same as the name you use on the air ticket and boarding pass, as well as the name on other FF accounts.
I recall there was sort of a problem just after I signed up with passwords longer than 4 digits and I had to change mine to a 4 digit one for it to work properly. Maybe they still have a similar issue?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 6:28 am

Programs: A3 *G, Amex Plat, BA Bronze
When I signed up it took me a while to work it out but basically whilst the online signup form merrily accepted an alphanumeric password it stripped out all the letters invisibly and additionally stripped off a leading 0 so I ended up with only the numbers from my password being recognised. Once I worked that out and just used the numbers to login minus the initial 0 it worked fine.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Jacksong
When I signed up it took me a while to work it out but basically whilst the online signup form merrily accepted an alphanumeric password it stripped out all the letters invisibly and additionally stripped off a leading 0 so I ended up with only the numbers from my password being recognised. Once I worked that out and just used the numbers to login minus the initial 0 it worked fine.
They did that to my zip code - stripped the 0...

For example, if my zip code was 01234, they made it 1234. USPS kept the letter for an extra 2 weeks trying to figure out my real address. Perhaps look at the name of the town?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.