Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

A3*G Challenge: who have the most creative routing to achieve *G in shortest time?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A3*G Challenge: who have the most creative routing to achieve *G in shortest time?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2012, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Has anyone flown a US Airways codeshare on United metal? I am thinking of doing a SJU run in First - it all shows A class and one of the legs is on United where the 3X will bump me over the 20K miles.

Will it show up as a United or US Airways flight?
Old Mar 2, 2012, 2:42 am

Programs: NH Plat
Originally Posted by CApreppie
Has anyone flown a US Airways codeshare on United metal? I am thinking of doing a SJU run in First - it all shows A class and one of the legs is on United where the 3X will bump me over the 20K miles.

Will it show up as a United or US Airways flight?
Earn rate is based on the operating carrier, so you'll get 3x based on A class on United.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 5:56 am

Programs: BD*G + A3*G
Originally Posted by Nogbad
Earn rate is based on the operating carrier, so you'll get 3x based on A class on United.
Watch out as the UA sector if its a SJU sector will probably remap to "D" on UA so 200%
Old Mar 2, 2012, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nogbad
Thank you for confirming.

Originally Posted by Flashyphotos
Watch out as the UA sector if its a SJU sector will probably remap to "D" on UA so 200%
Fortunately its the transcon westward from PHL so it should map correctly to UA. The rest is "A" on US.
So why would the UA SJU sector remap to "D"? I did a dummy booking on United and when selecting first from IAD-SJU on UA it booked into Z. Perhaps they see the flight as "international"?

Last edited by CApreppie; Mar 2, 2012 at 9:33 am
Old Mar 2, 2012, 9:51 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Fortunately its the transcon westward from PHL so it should map correctly to UA. The rest is "A" on US.
So why would the UA SJU sector remap to "D"? I did a dummy booking on United and when selecting first from IAD-SJU on UA it booked into Z. Perhaps they see the flight as "international"?
US is selling it as First class because their First Class maps to UA's Business Class on the route. Since UA's fare code is teh one that matters, you will only get 200% mileage.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
US is selling it as First class because their First Class maps to UA's Business Class on the route. Since UA's fare code is teh one that matters, you will only get 200% mileage.
I did a dummy booking on United.com and it didn't even show F or A available through their own site.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I did a dummy booking on United.com and it didn't even show F or A available through their own site.
Exactly. If you can't book an F or A ticket, how do you expect US Airways to?
Old Mar 2, 2012, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Exactly. If you can't book an F or A ticket, how do you expect US Airways to?
I wasn't fortunately.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought US Airways First F & A fares earned 200%. It shows as 150% tonight.

Was I just imagining things?
Old Mar 4, 2012, 4:27 am

I thought US Airways First F & A fares earned 200%. It shows as 150% tonight.

Was I just imagining things?
Just checked from what I wrote down in Dec 11, (When I was planning my trip), and I wrote them US F A 150% so yes I think they have been 150% for a while.. (Thats one of the reasons I avoided the US operated sectors on my run)
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just checked from what I wrote down in Dec 11, (When I was planning my trip), and I wrote them US F A 150% so yes I think they have been 150% for a while.. (Thats one of the reasons I avoided the US operated sectors on my run)
Thanks for the confirmation. I will avoid US Airways First. However, it is interesting that US Airways economy gets 100% on all fares (for now).

Getting A3 *G for $1000 is amazing, but I think it is the exception and not the norm.

Does doing it for $1500 in one trip seem reasonable?
Old Mar 4, 2012, 2:22 pm

Thanks for the confirmation. I will avoid US Airways First. However, it is interesting that US Airways economy gets 100% on all fares (for now).

Getting A3 *G for $1000 is amazing, but I think it is the exception and not the norm.

Does doing it for $1500 in one trip seem reasonable?
Seems like a good deal still at $1500 for over 3 years of gold, depends if you put it to full use, but to me its great value for money, My card arrived Feb and is valid to Dec 2015 so thats just shy of 4 years lounge access for $1000

Only went for it as an emergency back yp with the current BD situation my BD Gold expires in March and I didnt see the point in requalifying it for what may be a few months or less of membership so the SJU run seemed a no brainer, as we were in Vegas anyway and MRSF wanted a few days in the sun, so the run to SJU fitted the bill as a gold qualifier for both of us and a few days break as well

Last year I left my BD qualification to the last minute as most of my flights were on other alliance networks, so I did LAX-LAS-PHX-HNL-ORD-SJU-PHL-PHX-LAX-LAS for about $1500 with most of the sectors in First on US & UA except for the LAX-LAS-PHL-HNL which were in "Y", and that gave the full 38k BD Requalification in one run, so the 20k A3 is a lot easier on the system,

But personally I would still say the $1500 is good value for the A3 card.

Old Mar 5, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: EI-GCP, A3*G, FB-G, HH-Gold, Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Tharan
Any ideas to collect miles from Dublin, Ireland?

Thanks in advance
I'd like to 2nd this request please. Currently in middle of a trip on UA with miles credited to A3. DUB-EWR, EWR-DFW, SGF-ORD, ORD-SFO, SFO-BOS, BOS-EWR, EWR-DUB. However, most of the fares are K class so not as good mileage wise as it sounds. Will have similar travel plans later this year but would be interested in doing a cheap *A run out of DUB to get *G with A3 sooner. Thanks.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 5:59 pm

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Seems like a good deal still at $1500 for over 3 years of gold, depends if you put it to full use, but to me its great value for money, My card arrived Feb and is valid to Dec 2015 so thats just shy of 4 years lounge access for $1000
Sweet That's why we all jump ship (or should I say FFP).. Just how A3 will stay in business...
Old Mar 5, 2012, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But personally I would still say the $1500 is good value for the A3 card...
Thanks Flashyphotos. I'm trying to make this run more than a one day turn so I can at least make it a mini vacation.

Originally Posted by lifeontheroad
Will have similar travel plans later this year but would be interested in doing a cheap *A run out of DUB to get *G with A3 sooner. Thanks.
How about a flight to PHL on US Airways metal? Are any of your current flights on US Airways metal? They'll earn 100% whatever economy fare class you're in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.