Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

A3*G Challenge: who have the most creative routing to achieve *G in shortest time?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A3*G Challenge: who have the most creative routing to achieve *G in shortest time?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
SQ has the best longhaul Y I have flown in in terms of food, seat (powers adaptor etc), advance seat selection (no charge, or $50 per sector for exit row). Also, on a lot of their standard discount economy (the fares that earn 100% miles) there are no change fees.

Only drawback is the Star Gold lounge facilities at Changi T2 and T3 which are not brilliant (but are perfectly ok).
Old Jan 28, 2012, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
From where to where? How about SQ, TG, NH through their hubs or even Asiana?
Anywhere in Europe to MEL/SYD/AKL. Never ever been able to find a single decent fare to anywhere on either TG and NH

LHR-SIN-MEL on SQ and LHR-SFO-SYD on UA are the only routes I have found that give the 20k miles necessary for gold, and for less than 2000 USD
Old Jan 28, 2012, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA Gold, IHG & Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by franxit
I simply refuse to fly United via LAX across the Pacific for the privilege of paying 7$ for a warm beer.
For the record, you don't have to pay for beer when flying United trans-Pacific. I can't promise that it'll be cold.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by sipples
For the record, you don't have to pay for beer when flying United trans-Pacific. I can't promise that it'll be cold.

That's a plus ^

Sorry if I sound prejudiced against UA, I recently tried several US-based carriers for the first time and I was appalled by the quality of service provided. It was almost unbearable across the Atlantic, not sure I want to give it a try on a way longer flight.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 8:36 am

can somebody give me ideas for USA based run for A3 Gold from lga/jfk/ewr.......thank you

Last edited by divjan; Jan 31, 2012 at 10:32 am
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: Delta PLAT + 1K United for 2011, ????? for 2012
Originally Posted by divjan
can somebody give me ideas for USA based run for A3 Gold from lga/jfk/ewr.......thank you
I would think a trip to Asia would get you most of it ,
Just make sure to check the fare class ,
http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...on/earn-miles/

and check daily the Mileage Run forum
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/

often there are flights from the east coast to Asia for less than $1000

RB

PS...or a couple trips to Hawaii....again check fare class
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:42 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Someone earlier posted a run from LAS in United First for something like $1,000. Probably a better deal because you spend less time in the plane - and the triple earned miles still get you status, even if it ends up being a little bit more expensive than going to Asia and back.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Someone earlier posted a run from LAS in United First for something like $1,000. Probably a better deal because you spend less time in the plane - and the triple earned miles still get you status, even if it ends up being a little bit more expensive than going to Asia and back.
i have not been able to see any fares from the east coast like that
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:06 pm

Similar problem coming from Zurich

Hi,

I am based in Zurich/Basel and have the next couple of weeks off. I have been (unsuccessfully) trying to find a MR to boost my Miles&Bonus. I am also heading to London in a couple of months for Easter and was looking at possibly getting the miles there instead. The best price I can find to London is $290 from Lufthansa but I will not get any miles from A3. Flying LX I have found that I can get 1000 miles for $370. However, with Business class, Lufthansa offers 7000 miles for $1540 via FRA (still 22 cents per mile though). I am willing to pay this but I assumed that I would be able to get similar mileage at a better price with a dedicated MR especially since I have access to mid-week flights for the next couple of weeks. I would expect that for around $1000 I should be able to go on a mileage run and get about 5000 miles. However, I cannot seem to find anything.

I only need about 8600 more miles to get to gold status though I don't need to get it all now. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can go and which airlines I should use to do this?

Thanks
Old Feb 13, 2012, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by franxit
A single r/t on Singapore Airlines from anywhere in Europe to Australasia would do, assuming you're avoiding those nasty 50% sweet deal fares.
About to do that on SQ LHR-SIN-SYD return in Y booking class H, should give me around 21k > *G for about £1150
Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:31 am

Programs: BD*G + A3*G
That was me

LAS-ORD-SJU-IAD-LAS $1030 all in "A" First Class

1514 + 2072 + 1571 + 2066 = 7223 * 300% = 21669

BUT This has changed, after I booked and before I flew UA reclassified the ORD-SJU and SJU-IAD sectors as "D" Business rather than "A" First.

(They said all International Destinations being servied by 2 class aircraft were being reclassified as Y-C rather than Y-F)

This led to the miles crediting to A3 as

4542 (LAS-ORD 3x) + 4114 (ORD-SJU 2x) + 3142 (SJU-IAD 2x) + 6198 (IAD-LAS x3) = 17996

So with the 1000 Signup Bonus I had 18996. (1004 Short of Gold)

UA would not help and A3 said it was UA's Problem, it took 3 weeks of Emails and the final resolution was that

A3 Credited 1050 Miles to the account a goodwill gesture to trigger the gold upgrade, and UA issued a $200 Travel Certificate as compensation for the downgrade from "A" to "D" Booking class.

So although it worked out fine, I doubt it work again now as all the XXX-SJU Sectors on UA Metal show up as "D" Business Class, and the other Metal (US & CO) bookable through the deal are available in First but earn at the lower 200% anyway.

Will keep an eye out in case it opens up in First again though!!
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:17 pm
mxr

Programs: CX DM
The guy that wants EURO 9.90 giving you insights of how to become *G as fast as possible: http://www.first-class-and-more.de/S...ce-GOLD-gnstig

maybe we should learn from him
Old Feb 13, 2012, 2:36 pm

Anyone running it from LAX or SNA?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:40 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Originally Posted by divjan
I suspect IAH-SIN, I think it goes via Moscow, on SQ might work. Not sure about the fare, though. You might pick up an offer depending on the time of year. Being SQ the flight would be bearable in any class though. But bearing in mind the gradual deterioration in awards being brought about little by little by various programs, I would always check carefully what fare class your tickets are going to book into, in order to ensure the miles multiplier you expect.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:42 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Nice strategy! if you have to do a mileage run on an uncomfortable airline then at least go first! good idea if the F fare stacks up... must remember your immortal comment "well at least you get to spend less time on the plane..." ... classic :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.