Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

How long for my A3*G card to arrive? [Timeline to "new" M+B transition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long for my A3*G card to arrive? [Timeline to "new" M+B transition]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:25 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by supermng
My tiered miles would have expired if i don't fly before dec 13. Hence i flied on dec 10 and the flight allowed me to hit 20000 tiered miles. On dec 12, I saw the tiered miles 20000 miles were shown in my account. However they didn't update my gold status. Now it's dec 16, I still haven't seen the change of my status while the tiered miles were decreased to about 10000 miles.

So will my account be upgraded to gold eventually? When will it happen?
Call A3's call center...

That's really all you can do at this point.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by supermng
My tiered miles would have expired if i don't fly before dec 13. Hence i flied on dec 10 and the flight allowed me to hit 20000 tiered miles. On dec 12, I saw the tiered miles 20000 miles were shown in my account. However they didn't update my gold status. Now it's dec 16, I still haven't seen the change of my status while the tiered miles were decreased to about 10000 miles.

So will my account be upgraded to gold eventually? When will it happen?
It took me a few days too to have the account being upgraded from one level to the other after the miles were credited. Don't panik. Either call their call center, or better yet, wait after the weekend and if it hasn't been updated by then, call then. Unless you absolutely need to have the status right now, it's not much to worry about, it will eventually be correct.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 6:09 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
It took me a few days too to have the account being upgraded from one level to the other after the miles were credited. Don't panik. Either call their call center, or better yet, wait after the weekend and if it hasn't been updated by then, call then. Unless you absolutely need to have the status right now, it's not much to worry about, it will eventually be correct.
I don't actually think that this will happen in OPs case - I think it is absolutely a good idea to be panicking right now...

What happened is basically A3's system thinks that OP didn't meet *G requirements in time. Without manual intervention, this won't be fixed...
Old Dec 17, 2011, 6:55 am

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
A3 are normally very good about responding to emails (there is a link to send a mail when logged into Miles&Bonus online) - if calling does not get a resolution then I would try emailing (at least with email you have a record).

The credit time limit requirements should refer to flight dates not posting dates, but if posting was delayed or there were posting issues manual intervention may be required.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 6:26 pm
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Call or email them. They will call you back if needed. They are pretty good with customer service. Their English is also good enough to handle all your major issues.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by UNRLSD
My calculations are erred. The A3* miles accrual works brilliantly well when you are on a Y class coded ticket -i.e. with UA. Im afraid that my ticket will be coded otherwise. Does anyone know how to get a Y or B class ticket ?!?!? And more importantly how much more will that cost!?!?!?!?!
Ask a TA.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 1:45 pm

Programs: A3*G
It is good to read this discussion. I qualified for Blue on 17 November and Gold as of 28 December. Returned home from BKK to PDX and found nothing in the mail. I emailed the airline, but now it appears from the above information that I am not alone and should not be too concerned. I had already though of the copy of statement and have not had difficulty in the past with such ploys.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 3:52 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Originally Posted by nyc6035
Has anyone had any experience getting into a *A lounge without the card - but with *G on the boarding pass. I made *G by 45 miles with 3 flights - my 4th will be in about a week - wondering if it's likely I can use this approach until the card comes.

Thx.
Don't even think about it. This cannot be guaranteed. Avoid embarrassing conversations at lounge entrances by always having your Gold card with you. Recently lounge dragons tried to refuse me at 2 lounges in 2 countries, until I found the card in my luggage. In both cases my number and *G status were clearly on my BP. Just don't risk it.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by h15t0r1an
Don't even think about it. This cannot be guaranteed. Avoid embarrassing conversations at lounge entrances by always having your Gold card with you. Recently lounge dragons tried to refuse me at 2 lounges in 2 countries, until I found the card in my luggage. In both cases my number and *G status were clearly on my BP. Just don't risk it.
I think you're a bit too negative about this one. It's certainly not always possible to enter a lounge without the *G card, yes, but it's not like it's always and everywhere like this. If he has to fly anyway, I in his position would definitely try it out. Sure, don't arrive 3 hours in advance to check out the lounge under such circumstances, but why should he not have a quick try?
Old Jan 1, 2012, 9:24 pm

why not just bring a printout of account status?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:16 am

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
A printout has always been accepted on the occasions I have not had my card.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 4:11 am

It worked for me 4 days ago at the Senator lounge at FRA with just the printout (B41 Lounge). So it should work if you have the printout but do not have the card.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:55 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
The print out worked fine for me at the SIA lounge at LHR this week
Old Jan 7, 2012, 12:04 pm
mxr

Programs: CX DM
just jumped to gold.

I moved though, so question is: How do I make sure the card gets to the right place? I doubt they have already sent it so I might just manage by editing the details on the M&B website?

cheers.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 3:57 am

Programs: A3*G, UA, QF
Was this Fast??

Fairly new here. Been following the forums for a while, have gotten some great information here and thought I would add my experience with card arrival. Qualified for gold in early-December (Card Upgrade Posted Dec 6) and recieved my Gold Card sometime late last week (around Jan 13) in California. Seems quite fast based on the times reported on this thread. Maybe the printing date changed to earlier in the month? Just another note, I never recieved a Blue card despite qualifying for that level in late-October.

Also, before my card arrived, I was able to enter the Air Canada International MLL at YVR with just A3*G on my BP. I was traveling on an AC flight in Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.