Wiki Posts
Search

Aegean gold luggage tags

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2013, 2:52 am

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Anyone that thinks WOW when they see an A3 tag must have issues

Those in the know who see people ( UK-Irish ) residents with them think ''BMI status match''
Here in the US I assume it's another FTer That's why I keep mine on my rollerboard.

Last edited by arcticbull; May 8, 2013 at 3:00 am
Old May 8, 2013, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by LH4116
Yes, I think the baggage handler is more likely to steal your shiny A3 Gold tag, and put it on his own bag. A friend of mine lost some of his tags that way.
A more likely scenario, the tag was torn away during handling...

But I guess the whole point of a luggage tag (apart from showing off) is to indicate your eligibility for using priority boarding/check-in, etc without digging out your card.
Well, I doubt that the luggage tag would be proof of status/membership: neither can it be scanned, nor is the validity date indicated. But even if this sometimes works, I think that "lifting" your bag to eye height may sometimes be more difficult than "digging" in your pocket. By the way, I still have the Flying Blue Platinum tag (sort of very dark grey) of 4 years ago on one of my bags...
Old May 8, 2013, 8:26 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I highly doubt it was torn away, due to the metal ring it's attached to. There was no damage on the bag, so he seemed pretty sure the handlee had stolen it (this was in Italy, if that makes any difference)

At some points the tag has come in handy for passing the bouncer at the biz check-in. I simply pointed at my trolley bag, and I was let through.
Old May 25, 2013, 3:53 am

Aegean gold luggage tags

I lost both my tags on my way LHR-MUC-IST 2 weeks ago. The LH FTL tag outbound, and the A3 *G inbound. Both metallic cords are still there. Someone else enjoying them now ;(
Old May 25, 2013, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by sperrgepaeck
I lost both my tags on my way LHR-MUC-IST 2 weeks ago. The LH FTL tag outbound, and the A3 *G inbound. Both metallic cords are still there. Someone else enjoying them now ;(
How can one "enjoy" two pieces of plastic? Even considering the, remote, possibility to use them as accessories in kinky sex, I simply can't find an answer!
Old May 25, 2013, 3:50 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
What a tragedy!!! My thoughts are with you!

Is a life without baggage tags even possible?
Old Nov 13, 2013, 4:18 pm
formerly BackSlash3

Programs: AC P25, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond AMB
Is a life without baggage tags even possible?
Possible? yes. Worthwhile? No.

It took 6 weeks for A3 to get my welcome package to me. It had the tag, and I found this thread in my attempt to figure out how the metal strap opened. I hadn't seen this type before.

One of the wires screws into the inside of the barrel BTW.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by BackSlash3
Possible? yes. Worthwhile? No.
Why? Just wait to see how your life will be when your tag gets "removed" (happened to me): nothing changes and your forget about it within 17 seconds...

It took 6 weeks for A3 to get my welcome package to me. It had the tag, and I found this thread in my attempt to figure out how the metal strap opened. I hadn't seen this type before.
Well, I remember them since I was a kid, in the pre-plastic era!

One of the wires screws into the inside of the barrel BTW.
Only possible way, isn't it?
Old Nov 14, 2013, 12:24 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by BackSlash3
Originally Posted by KLouis
Why? Just wait to see how your life will be when your tag gets "removed" ...
The metal strap is of the most sturdy construction. It will cling on to your bag much longer than the actual luggage tag
(another one who have joined KLouis in the tag less afterlife )
Old Nov 14, 2013, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by intuition
The metal strap is of the most sturdy construction. It will cling on to your bag much longer than the actual luggage tag
Absolutely true, I still have this on my bag (minus the tag .
Old Nov 14, 2013, 5:39 am

the main problem with plastic bag tags is when the luggage is stored into container or inside the plane as bulk storage.

Then, plastic tags have high risk to be broken.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 12:45 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Thats why my gold tag is on my carryon and doesn't get checked in.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 5:18 pm

Aegean gold luggage tags

Lost my 2nd A3 Gold tag last week. Had two suitcases checked in on LHR FRA DRS and again lost the tag, though my LH FTL one the other suitcase was fine. Coincidence? Can someone actually do something with the tag? Don't think they just fall off...
Old Dec 25, 2013, 9:39 pm

...Can someone actually do something with the tag? Don't think they just fall off...
Never heard of luggage tag sex? And you call yourself a Frequent Traveller? You should know, for the future, that Greek tags are soooo much hotter than German ones!
Old Dec 26, 2013, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
Never heard of luggage tag sex? And you call yourself a Frequent Traveller? You should know, for the future, that Greek tags are soooo much hotter than German ones!
A3 might be Greek, but we know who it belongs to in the end

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.