Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

2014 FlyerTalk Awards: Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards benefits nominations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: What is the best benefit of Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards? READ POST BELOW FIRST
Bonus Points
10.81%
Priority Boarding
2.70%
Priority Check-in and Security Lane Access
2.70%
Free Wi-Fi
2.70%
No Change/Redemption/Cancellation Fees
54.05%
Companion Pass
24.32%
I nominate a different benefit – see my post below (POST YOUR SUGGESTION BELOW)
2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2013, 12:22 pm
Former admin -- do not contact with site issues
Original Poster

This poll will determine which benefit for this rewards program will appear on the January ballot for the 2014 FlyerTalk Awards.

Please note that once you have cast a poll vote, it cannot be changed.

You may vote in any or all of the nominations polls across FlyerTalk. Simply navigate to your favorite program’s forum and cast your vote. Links to all polls can be found here!

This poll will close December 17, 2013.

Official FlyerTalk Awards balloting begins January 14, 2014.

(View information about the Awards and last year’s results)

The 2014 FlyerTalk Awards are sponsored by:
Old Dec 3, 2013, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My favoite benefit is how easy it is to earn signficant points through partners. For me, in fact, it's enough that I never need to fly Southwest paid, I earn all the points I ever need just from partners (and bonus on partners). This is because with every partner you earn "flat" Southwest points, even partners who for every other airline just give paltry per-dollar miles (that add up to little if you're getting low rates and doing short stays/rentals/etc).
Old Dec 4, 2013, 5:55 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Is this a poll about why fly Southwest or a poll about the Rapid Reward program. This option has nothing to do with the Rapid Reward program.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lougord99
Is this a poll about why fly Southwest or a poll about the Rapid Reward program. This option has nothing to do with the Rapid Reward program.
Southwest has (among other things) no award change fees, no award redemption fees, and no award cancellation fees. How do award fees or lack thereof not have anything to do with the Rapid Rewards program?

In case you're not aware, many other airline programs do have cancellation fees for awards (perhaps waived for some elites?), do have change fees for awards (perhaps waived for some elites?), and a few have redemption fees for all award bookings, and many have redemption fees for award bookings made less than 21 days out (again, perhaps waived for some elites?).
Old Dec 6, 2013, 8:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by sdsearch
My favoite benefit is how easy it is to earn signficant points through partners.
That has turned out to be a much bigger benefit than I realized when I signed up. I learned, accidentally, that using my Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa at Hyatts got me double RR points. For me, that has turned out to be a substantial boost.

Originally Posted by lougord99
Now that you mention it, I see your point. This is a poll about "Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards benefits." Any benefit that fliers get without signing up for RR is obviously not an RR benefit.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
Exclamation

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Southwest has (among other things) no award change fees, no award redemption fees, and no award cancellation fees. How do award fees or lack thereof not have anything to do with the Rapid Rewards program?

In case you're not aware, many other airline programs do have cancellation fees for awards (perhaps waived for some elites?), do have change fees for awards (perhaps waived for some elites?), and a few have redemption fees for all award bookings, and many have redemption fees for award bookings made less than 21 days out (again, perhaps waived for some elites?).
If you use this logic, then many of your choices are for WN elites as well......fly by lane, free wifi.....

Can't buy Alist +, actually have to fly and earn 70k pts. What a concept! No credit card to skate by!

The best is 100 percent bonus for A+ members imo

Last edited by antinseattle; Dec 11, 2013 at 10:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.