FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Status Match - A|CLUB (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/974892-status-match-club.html)

gordo6 Jul 14, 2009 1:16 am

Status Match - A|CLUB

Hello there,
As a silver member of HHonors anf of Radisoon, will A|CLUB match my status to silver?

Here is another question for you - what do you think about Novotel Colmar, France?

starflyergold Jul 14, 2009 2:48 am

I can't imagine Accor doing status match, very American thing to do so not sure but of course you can try and ask them;)

gordo6 Jul 14, 2009 3:20 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold (Post 12062685)
I can't imagine Accor doing status match, very American thing to do so not sure but of course you can try and ask them;)

BD are not an american company and they do status match :D

starflyergold Jul 14, 2009 11:03 am

Indeed BD are not American, they are now practically German;) but in terms of airlines they are the big exception rather than the rule.

Let us know the answer from Accor

gordo6 Jul 14, 2009 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold (Post 12064582)
Let us know the answer from Accor

Sent them an e-mail and got the following answer:
A|CLUB SILVER members can convert their membership to A|CLUB favorite guest program free of charge :confused:

I sent them another message that I dod not get any answer to the question I asked them...

starflyergold Jul 14, 2009 1:42 pm

Doesn't sound like a runner. In fairness it is usually top tier status that can be matched anyway (with airlines at least). Plus Favourite guest is not a bad option if you planning to stay with Accor a bit but not as much as Platinum members do. Or just buy shares in Accor and get Club des Actionnaires:D

stimpy Jul 15, 2009 1:26 am

Originally Posted by gordo6 (Post 12062524)
Here is another question for you - what do you think about Novotel Colmar, France?

I haven't stayed at that one, but pretty much all the Novotels in France are the same. Kind of like a good Holiday Inn if you know those hotels. In any case, I seriously doubt A-Club Gold would make any difference in your experience at that particular hotel.

olisch Jul 15, 2009 3:22 am

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 12068454)
In any case, I seriously doubt A-Club Gold would make any difference in your experience at that particular hotel.

Even platinum tier wouldn't make any difference at all. You only get a one level upgrade (if available) at Sofitel, Pullman and MGallery wit A|Club platinum, that's all.

You better book the "right" roomtype for your preferences instead of hoping for any upgrades, etc.

camsean Jul 15, 2009 7:42 am

A Club seems pretty much like a waste of time to me.

Stays rarely seem to credit, the redemption rate bites (and is paper based), and recognition seems pretty non-existent.

Good luck with the status match though ;)

sindjic Jul 17, 2009 11:11 am

Originally Posted by camsean (Post 12069326)
A Club seems pretty much like a waste of time to me.

Stays rarely seem to credit, the redemption rate bites (and is paper based), and recognition seems pretty non-existent.

Good luck with the status match though ;)

Unfair but TRUE! Useless like all other Accor programs before it...

vitorborg Aug 31, 2011 1:28 pm

I've recently become a HH Gold. I'm silver at A-Club and when I requested a status match they told me to send my HH card copy through email.
I'm planning a vacation trip with my family to Europe and not all Hilton Hotels do have Two Double Bed . I also think A-club is very limited, but it's pleny available in European cities.

bumburuck Sep 4, 2011 3:28 am

If you want silver status just register with Europcar LINK and then register with AlClub and you are silver ;)

lingua101 Sep 7, 2011 1:15 am

Originally Posted by vitorborg (Post 17030528)
I've recently become a HH Gold. I'm silver at A-Club and when I requested a status match they told me to send my HH card copy through email.
I'm planning a vacation trip with my family to Europe and not all Hilton Hotels do have Two Double Bed . I also think A-club is very limited, but it's pleny available in European cities.

I was a AClub Platinum before. Like many people said, it is not much thing to expect. I got few room upgrade to Club floor in Sofitel Bangkok and a plate of chocolate there and Sofitel Krabi. The later was told because I am AdvantagePlus member.

It was completely worthless to show my Platinum card in Novotel Kuala Lumpur. In many places (at least in South East Asia), they give me "special" treatment because I am AdvantagePlus member, not A-Club Platinum member.

This was on their 1st year of launching. Now they are on the 3rd (or 2nd??) year, hope to be better. Also they have integrated the A-Club and AdvantagePlus now, which is another mess for now :)