Wiki Posts
Search

Tribe Phnom Penh Post Office Square

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2024, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Tribe Phnom Penh Post Office Square

I stayed for a grand total of five nights in this quite new hotel in Phnom Penh, having only opened in August 2022. It was my first time staying at one of the "new" Accor brands, and I found the hotel extremely good. On some occasions, though, I found it a bit try-hard with its "trendy vibe".

The hotel is located at Post Office Square, a little bit outside of the most central Phnom Penh. I thought the location was ok, I walked to many places from there and tuktuks are cheap as well. However, the new Novotel at BKK1 will have a much better location and I would also prefer the location of the Sofitel.

The hotel is nicely decorated and the room was not the most conventional design (the sink is in the hallway instead of separate bathroom). As ALL Platinum member, I was kindly upgraded to a Comfy XL room with a pool view. The room was well appointed and AC worked well. My only complaint was that no in-room dining was available, as far as I am aware (which might be the reason why this is a 4-star property).

The common facilities were pretty good: gym had new equipment such as smart treadmills and cycling. Pool is not a place to spend time as there are no sun loungers, basically it's only suitable for a plunge. The restaurant on the top floor served as a beautiful breakfast room as well.

As an ALL Plat, I was well taken care of. Complimentary breakfast as well as the drink vouchers were no problem in addition to the room upgrade mentioned above. I asked for a 4pm late checkout which was also kindly given without any hassle. Staff was extremely courteous throughout – a stark contrast could be noticed between this property and other hotels I stayed at during my month-long Asia tour.

All in all, a good option for Phnom Penh for someone looking for a more modern style hotel.

The room entry

The breakfast room and restaurant (Hemisphere)

Rooftop view to the Mekong river

Pool area

Plat recognition
Old Jan 14, 2024, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Very nice. Thanks for the review. The city is really booming. Post office is a good location IMO and just a few min tuk-tuk ride to Royal palace area.
lkrt and SullyofDoha like this.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 7:34 pm

Nice report.... thinking about trying Tribe Sukhumvit in next few months...overall how do you position Tribe vs. Mercure and Novotel?
Old Jan 14, 2024, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Very nice. Thanks for the review. The city is really booming. Post office is a good location IMO and just a few min tuk-tuk ride to Royal palace area.
Thank you! Your reports and the alike have inspired me to report more, as Flyertalk reviews are really the only ones I trust these days. Phnom Penh seems to be thriving, many hotels opening, and it has a really interesting vibe.

Originally Posted by billabong
Nice report.... thinking about trying Tribe Sukhumvit in next few months...overall how do you position Tribe vs. Mercure and Novotel?
Thanks! In terms of "luxuriousness" Tribe seemed to be on par with the newest Novotels, a notch above Mercure (albeit Mercures often seem "older" in style). The Tribe brand clearly tries to attract the young crowd so in terms of design, it's more experimental and you may like it or not. Service is also more relaxed and laid-back than in Novotels/Mercures.

I quite like the Thong Lor area in Bangkok so happy to see a Tribe in the vicinity there too!
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 12:16 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Great review. I have stayed there three times over the past year. As a Platinum, always treated well. The breakfast is solid and the view from the rooftop area is nice as you can see the river as well as a great sunset! It is also within easy walking distance to the night market. Unfortunately, the pool is always very cold and they could use more vegetation to try to obstruct the view of the monstrosity of an apartment building across the street that obstructs the river views.
Fun fact- Just up the road (viewable from the rooftop bar patio) is a resident flying fox colony. Those bats are HUGE and you can watch them leave the branches at dusk. Pretty coo!
On another note, looking forward to trying the new Novotel as its walking distance to Bassac Lane :-)
lkrt and Goldorak like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.