Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

ALL points to Airline miles - Master Thread

ALL points to Airline miles - Master Thread

Old Sep 23, 2012, 5:47 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
I exchanged 3000 Accor points for 7500 Avios for my IberiaPlus account last week only took a couple of days for the Avios to show up in my account, only problem is i haven't had my IberiaPlus account long enough to transfer them to my BAEC account yet!
I still don't quite get why the transfer rate is different for IberiaPlus and for BAEC considering they use the same 'currency' (although not complaining!!)

I had to do it manually but it took 9 months to get 4000 points so it might take a while to get another 2000 to transfer again!
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:35 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Iberia Plus used their own currency up to one year ago, when they were converted to avios at a rather generous rate.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 5:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Is it correct that you cant see conversion ratios unless you have enough points on acct?
Old Nov 8, 2012, 3:05 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
LeClub unable to transfer points to Airlines

In the summer I made 2 stays at the Sofitel Gatwick.

Before these stays I set my earning preference for all my points earned to transfer automatically to my Iberia Plus account.

The points credited my Le Club account and sat there for a month doing nothing.

I then had several frustrating phone conversations with the french helpline, where initially they stated I had to earn 4000 points for the transfer to take place.

After I read them their own terms and conditions, they admitted that this was not the case and that they would get back to me.

I then received a call telling me I was right again, and the transfer had been arranged but would take about 4 weeks.

It is now November and the points have still not transferred, and when I chased this recently by emailing LeClub they said they were still doing it!

I think I need to look at other hotel loyalty programs!
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:56 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Everything I read about these folks says they do not take care of customers consistently/ fairly.The business culture of the entire company
and its management is centered in what's good for the company.
They offer a program simply because they are forced too or sink.
Their hotels are very nice in some markets so its a shame that for years they can't get a good recognition program or level of customer service
that would have far more guests self included staying with them regularly
I stay with them less than 4 times a year out of 200 nights a year on the road to avoid the very nightmares I read about from their guests
In almost every other program there are typically reasonable easy enough solutions.Hoping they get their act together Sofitel in particular is a great brand.Wish I could help however its one of the few programs I don't have a relationship with
Good Luck
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:58 pm

My only other thought is to contact one of their hotels directly who may care about your relationship to futher your inquiry with the proper individuals
I would try and speak with a guest relations manager
Cheers
Old Nov 9, 2012, 1:53 pm

Try the local FlyerTalk Accor Concierge, he may be able to help.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 3:46 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Marr3wk
Try the local FlyerTalk Accor Concierge, he may be able to help.
Good advice ^
Old Nov 12, 2012, 6:32 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hi Goeggy,

I'm sorry to hear such feedback from you.

With regards to your complaint, I've looked into the matter and found out that points are automatically transfered to your Iberia Plus account every time you reach the 3,000 points line.

However, you've been waiting for too long. I would be happy to help you. If you can please send me your member number, as well as your real name via private message, I'll see what I can do for you.

Best,

Chris

Originally Posted by Geoggy
In the summer I made 2 stays at the Sofitel Gatwick.

Before these stays I set my earning preference for all my points earned to transfer automatically to my Iberia Plus account.

The points credited my Le Club account and sat there for a month doing nothing.

I then had several frustrating phone conversations with the french helpline, where initially they stated I had to earn 4000 points for the transfer to take place.

After I read them their own terms and conditions, they admitted that this was not the case and that they would get back to me.

I then received a call telling me I was right again, and the transfer had been arranged but would take about 4 weeks.

It is now November and the points have still not transferred, and when I chased this recently by emailing LeClub they said they were still doing it!

I think I need to look at other hotel loyalty programs!
Old Nov 12, 2012, 8:10 am

Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum program members may typically transfer as little as one point to a number of One World Partners
when trasferring to miles.Gold members do have a minimum amount to transfer
Le Club would be wise to improve their program IMHO in a number of ways. I know I would certainly do more business with them if they did
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:29 pm

The points for my Accor Facebook quiz Week #1 (500) posted. I then selected the option to do auto transfers to Iberia. The 500 points have now been removed and I have an email from Accor stating that the points would be transferred within 6 weeks into 1250 Iberia Avios. So I don't think there's a minimum for transferring to Iberia - could be wrong!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 8:49 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan, Air Miles (CA), IHG Priority Club, Best Western Rewards, LeClub Accor
What sucked for me was that I had a number of stays post that took me from around 3k to 6k.... This triggered an Aeroplan transfer, but only transferred 4k.... leaving me with 2k of points sitting there below the transfer threshold.

It would be nice if you transferred ALL the points once you hit the threshold.

Needles to say, I have since switched the auto-transfer option off......
Old Nov 14, 2012, 4:07 am

When I just set it up, it still said "Next transfer to Iberia Plus possible starting at 3000 points."
Old Nov 14, 2012, 9:00 am

The auto transfer is absolutely meaningless in its current form.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 9:56 am

Even the email I received says "Each time that your Le Club Accorhotels points balance reaches 3,000, your Le Club Accorhotels points will be automatically transferred to your Frequent Flyer account."
Did you do anything different to get immediate transfer?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.