Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Le Montreux Palace

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2014, 2:04 pm

I'm truly impressed with the Fairmont reservations personnel for their excellent service. Nicky, the program coordinator, extended one of my two expiring complimentary night certificates, so in conjunction with the Complimentary Suite Upgrade I am booked in the Lake View junior suite in late November. ^
Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:25 pm

Staying here right now using 2 free nights from chase and a suite upgrade. We are upgraded to a signature suite. "Heaven on earth" is what comes to mind when I look out our window and seeing lake Geneva and the Mountains. Beautiful grand hotel and great staff in a magical natural and historical surrounding. Oh, did I mention the welcome chocolate fondue? What else can one ask?!
Old Jul 23, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by tuscanyx
Staying here right now using 2 free nights from chase and a suite upgrade. We are upgraded to a signature suite. "Heaven on earth" is what comes to mind when I look out our window and seeing lake Geneva and the Mountains. Beautiful grand hotel and great staff in a magical natural and historical surrounding. Oh, did I mention the welcome chocolate fondue? What else can one ask?!

pictures please! =)
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:54 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by tuscanyx
Wow, a signature suite you are lucky ! Generally suite upgrade just gives you a junior suite... Hopefully you will have some picture to post
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:49 pm

Programs: AS, DL, AA, AC, BA, UA
Sounds like an amazing place, so I've been trying to book a room for my family of 4. Most hotels offer a 2-doubles configuration for a family w/ 2 kids, but all dates I've tried on the Fairmont website show no availability for this configuration at the Montreux. I can book other Fairmont hotels with the same form entry of 2 kids, and I can also book the Montreux if I remove the 2 kids, but as soon as I add kids, all availability disappears. Does the Montreux not have a 2-double configuration?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by newbie_flyer
Sounds like an amazing place, so I've been trying to book a room for my family of 4. Most hotels offer a 2-doubles configuration for a family w/ 2 kids, but all dates I've tried on the Fairmont website show no availability for this configuration at the Montreux. I can book other Fairmont hotels with the same form entry of 2 kids, and I can also book the Montreux if I remove the 2 kids, but as soon as I add kids, all availability disappears. Does the Montreux not have a 2-double configuration?
According to the Fairmont website, no. This is not uncommon for European hotels. Rooms will typically feature one King bed, one Queen bed or two Twin beds. You could try contacting the hotel directly and ask whether any rooms have a sofabed.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by newbie_flyer
It's even difficult to find a junior suite with 2 twin beds... I've seen many room in this hotel and I don't think there is one in which you can place 2 adults and 2 kids. Your best solution is probably to book two adjacent rooms...
The bellevue suite in the two bedrooms configuration is great for a family but you will probably not get it under 3000 CHF a night
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:45 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
I'll be vacationing in Switzerland next year for 3 weeks, and was planning on spending 3 nights of it in Montreux. Of course, not staying here is simply not an option!

I'll probably end up burning a free night cert and a suite upgrade, since it appears to give pretty good value at this property. However, I'm not finding much in the way of regular discounts. I'm sure there will be a summer moments offer come out next spring, but I'd like to get something booked now as a backup plan while availability is good. The Amex rates are basically pay for 3 nights, get the 4th free, which is good, but I wasn't planning on spending 4 nights in Montreux, and that wouldn't really allow me to use a free night cert, unless extending to 5 nights.

Is anyone aware of any discounts that are simply a straight % off, similar to the CAA membership type discounts at North American properties? It somehow just feels wrong to pay the 'best available rate' category on the website, and I can't bring myself to do it!
Old Oct 10, 2014, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I'll be vacationing in Switzerland next year for 3 weeks, and was planning on spending 3 nights of it in Montreux. Of course, not staying here is simply not an option!

I'll probably end up burning a free night cert and a suite upgrade, since it appears to give pretty good value at this property. However, I'm not finding much in the way of regular discounts. I'm sure there will be a summer moments offer come out next spring, but I'd like to get something booked now as a backup plan while availability is good. The Amex rates are basically pay for 3 nights, get the 4th free, which is good, but I wasn't planning on spending 4 nights in Montreux, and that wouldn't really allow me to use a free night cert, unless extending to 5 nights.

Is anyone aware of any discounts that are simply a straight % off, similar to the CAA membership type discounts at North American properties? It somehow just feels wrong to pay the 'best available rate' category on the website, and I can't bring myself to do it!
There is no CAA rate for Europe properties ?
Instead of booking a discounted rate you may book a rate which includes extras (breakfast, credit...). The property is part of the visa luxury hotels collection, or you have also the distinction rate, or if you have an Amex Plat and a still valid Marco Polo gold, you can have 10% + breakfast...
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
There is no CAA rate for Europe properties ?
Instead of booking a discounted rate you may book a rate which includes extras (breakfast, credit...). The property is part of the visa luxury hotels collection, or you have also the distinction rate, or if you have an Amex Plat and a still valid Marco Polo gold, you can have 10% + breakfast...
I've never been able to get the CAA rate to work at a European Fairmont. Just returns the error "We were unable to find rates that matched the Rate Type you requested".

I saw the distinction deal which basically gives free breakfast. I'll do that if I can't find anything better, but would prefer a discount on the room.

I do have a Marco Polo gold. How does the 10% off work? Discount code? When I get home tonight, I'll have to read through the materials that came with my membership. I totally forgot I still had that.

Thanks!
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I've never been able to get the CAA rate to work at a European Fairmont. Just returns the error "We were unable to find rates that matched the Rate Type you requested".

I saw the distinction deal which basically gives free breakfast. I'll do that if I can't find anything better, but would prefer a discount on the room.

I do have a Marco Polo gold. How does the 10% off work? Discount code? When I get home tonight, I'll have to read through the materials that came with my membership. I totally forgot I still had that.

Thanks!
You will find some details here: http://www.fairmont.com/promotions/marcopoloclub/
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:25 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
I know this is a very subjective question but for folks who have stayed at this property, what price would you say makes or breaks your decision to stay at this property? For example, I would pay ~$300 per night to stay at Fairmont lake louise or Banff Springs.

if you get a price below 300 CHF, is that a good price for this hotel? I'll book with visa signature for the continental breakfast and stack a third night free certificate.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
I know this is a very subjective question but for folks who have stayed at this property, what price would you say makes or breaks your decision to stay at this property? For example, I would pay ~$300 per night to stay at Fairmont lake louise or Banff Springs.

if you get a price below 300 CHF, is that a good price for this hotel? I'll book with visa signature for the continental breakfast and stack a third night free certificate.
I've not stayed at either of the other two properties in comparison. But, it is definitely worth 300 CHF for me.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:32 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by mintcilantro

300CHF or below is a very good rate for this hotel. I've stayed there numerous times and really enjoyed it. Try to negotiate in order to get a high floor and lake view if you can. (Lake view is even worth paying a bit more as it's really gorgeous). Mountain view is only average.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by JohnRain
300CHF or below is a very good rate for this hotel. I've stayed there numerous times and really enjoyed it. Try to negotiate in order to get a high floor and lake view if you can. (Lake view is even worth paying a bit more as it's really gorgeous). Mountain view is only average.
thanks.. I will book a lake view room and then apply an upgrade certificate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.