Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2016, 9:15 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
@Arthurrs, I think we stayed in the very same suite in the North Tower. Loved it!
Old Jun 7, 2016, 7:54 pm

Can someone tell me what category room you have to book here to use the Gold Upgrade certificate? Description says "Deluxe" but the T&C's are vague.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 3:39 pm

anyone?

Also, your thoughts on the Gold floor - what type of food is available for breakfast? Looking at garden view room but since you are above the trees here (on top floor), seems like the view would be ok no matter.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by curl
Can someone tell me what category room you have to book here to use the Gold Upgrade certificate? Description says "Deluxe" but the T&C's are vague.
Since this hotel does not use the usual Fairmont / Deluxe / Signature room descriptions and I have no personal experience, I unfortunately can't help with this one.

I suggest contacting the hotel directly (which may lead to a better result than contacting FPC).
Old Jul 31, 2016, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by curl

Also, your thoughts on the Gold floor - what type of food is available for breakfast?
I haven't stayed on the Gold floor at this particular property, but I'd expect:

- solid continental spread
- solid selection of fresh fruit
- 2 rotating hot dishes (eggs / bacon / sausages / pancakes etc.)
Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:17 pm

thank you! we called the Orchid tonight and ended up leaving a VM for the person we were connected to. sounds like a good deal, since we have a Gold UG to use this year.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 7:36 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
I am really excited, I will be spending 6 nights here at the end of September, I have been reading up on this thread but not sure what to expect. No status, no anything but still looking forward to a great stay.

How are the restaurants, how early are they open for breakfast? Also, I assume there is room service? How early can you get breakfast?

It's technically a work trip and have to be up and out by 6:30 some mornings and just want to see what options are available early for breakfast.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
The breakfast is pretty good, not amazing but totally serviceable, if pricey.

Did not eat at the restaurants for dinner. Definitely hit up Lava Lava Beach club since it is awesome and nearby.

Also take a late evening stroll down to where the turtles take their afternoon snooze- I saw a massive manta ray circling around the rocks/reef one night there. I thought it was feeding, but I guess it was cleaning itself.

I loved the Orchid- much better relaxed feel than Kea Lani on Oahu.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by miadukes
I am really excited, I will be spending 6 nights here at the end of September, I have been reading up on this thread but not sure what to expect. No status, no anything but still looking forward to a great stay.

How are the restaurants, how early are they open for breakfast? Also, I assume there is room service? How early can you get breakfast?

It's technically a work trip and have to be up and out by 6:30 some mornings and just want to see what options are available early for breakfast.
I think you will love staying at the hotel. Don't get caught up in too much work that you miss out on enjoying the property or what the island offers. The orchid court opens at 6:30 am for breakfast, but room service is available at 6:00 am.
http://www.fairmont.com/orchid-hawai...in-roomdining/
We also ate and Brown's and Norio's for dinner, both excellent restaurants and very accommodating of our special requests. I attached a pic of our sunset view at Brown's. We also walked along the beach trail to the neighboring Mauna Lani and had a nice sunset dinner at the Canoe House. Took the shuttle bus back to the hotel because it was too dark to hike along the beach trail back.

I'm already plotting and planning a return visit...
Attached Images  
Old Aug 2, 2016, 2:54 pm

Thanks!! I didn't see or must have not looked really hard at the in room dining menu on the website. I hope to be able to enjky some of the hotel but itll be a pretty intesnse week of work so lets see. I am arriving 2 days early but staying in Kona at the Holiday Inn Express and the moving over to Fairmont (once its on their dime!) lol.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: AC*E
My family and I will be arriving tomorrow. We are very excited to stay at this hotel. We are doing a suite-upgrade. They only allow upgrades from the same kinds of room (partial view -> partial view suite) so we could not just book the cheapest room since there was no suite of the same kind to upgrade to. We did get a great price, probably because the pool will be close the last two days of our stay.
We hope to use our local dining experience certificates, and maybe our dinner certificates. We were planning to eat breakfast on-site until we read the previous reviews.
Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by drdrma
My family and I will be arriving tomorrow. We are very excited to stay at this hotel. We are doing a suite-upgrade. They only allow upgrades from the same kinds of room (partial view -> partial view suite) so we could not just book the cheapest room since there was no suite of the same kind to upgrade to. We did get a great price, probably because the pool will be close the last two days of our stay.
We hope to use our local dining experience certificates, and maybe our dinner certificates. We were planning to eat breakfast on-site until we read the previous reviews.
Would love to hear back as to where you ate and what not. I think my lsat day there is a non work day but I won't have a car by then and wondering what there might be to do either with pick up from the place or by foot or what. I assume they have taxis but trying to cut costs. Even a nice place to have lunch close by would be great.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 8:31 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by drdrma
I, too, am excited to hear about your experience. What suite you get, how the restaurants are, etc. We have a 3 night stay coming up and have upgraded to an oceanfront suite. Have a lot of breakfast and dining certs to burn as well so looking forward to hearing how breakfast and the other dining options are.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 10:06 am

Does anyone know if they offer tours right out of the hotel? Since I am there on business I can't really preplan for the last day but I am pretty sure it will be free for us and my flight doesnt leave till 10pm so was hoping to take advantage and do one last thing if possible.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by miadukes
Does anyone know if they offer tours right out of the hotel? Since I am there on business I can't really preplan for the last day but I am pretty sure it will be free for us and my flight doesnt leave till 10pm so was hoping to take advantage and do one last thing if possible.
[email protected] - Mention that you would like to contact the concierge with your questions.

http://www.fairmont.com/orchid-hawai...ination-guide/

PDF Warning! List of Day Trips: http://www.fairmont.com/orchid-hawai...es-march-2016/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.