Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Le Château Frontenac

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2004, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Fairmont Le Château Frontenac

Does anyone have Fairmont points to trade for one night? I have some SPG points and plenty NW points. They go for 300 CDN a night...

Charlie
Old Apr 11, 2004, 8:48 pm

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
Not sure what you are looking for here. Fairmont President's club does not have points that are able to trade. They issue certificates for free nights and room upgrades, which until this year could have been traded. However, this year they have the members name on them.
Old Apr 13, 2004, 8:03 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Can't you use Amex MR points for Fairmont nights? Or was that something else?
Old Apr 18, 2004, 6:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA LTP 2MM
Originally Posted by Tax Dude
Can't you use Amex MR points for Fairmont nights? Or was that something else?
Yes.

But the exchange rate is pretty poor if you ask me - 30-40K per night at the Ch. Frontenac.

BTW this property is notoriously difficult to get good rooms at in peak season - in fact, it's the only Fairmont where I have ever been unable to get a suite. Not a free upgrade either - was waitlisted to pay full boat for it - never came through. I was told Members of the Quebec Parliament keep a bunch of the suites as personal residences when the legislature is in session.

Be aware most of the 'regular' rooms at this property are SMALL. Try for a room on the top 2 floors of the tower section for the best view.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 7:46 am

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, FPC Premier
Good Deal for Canadians at Fairmont Chateau Frontenac

I received a postcard from Fairmont detailing a good deal for Canadian residents at the Chateau Frontenac through May 31. Rates starting at $119 per night. Proof of residence (e.g. driver's license) required. I assume you can book through regular channels, but if you are interested in this offer and need additional details, let me know.

CH
Old May 11, 2005, 8:45 pm

Programs: AC, BA, DL, AA, JL
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CanoeHead
I received a postcard from Fairmont detailing a good deal for Canadian residents at the Chateau Frontenac through May 31. Rates starting at $119 per night. Proof of residence (e.g. driver's license) required. I assume you can book through regular channels, but if you are interested in this offer and need additional details, let me know.

CH
Am most interested in this offer. The rates that I have been quoted on-line are far higher. Please post or PM me the details of this deal at your earliest convenience.

Kind regards,
M.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 6:24 am

Fairmont Le Frontenac

After doing a search, I've found that there a number of different types of hotel rooms at this hotel. I am still having trouble deciding which one to request (I am a premier member), and am using my suite upgrade certificate. Any suggestions?
Old Jul 3, 2007, 6:31 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Chateau Frontenac, Quebec City

Had a wonderful stay there a few days ago.
Location is great, right in the old city, walking distance to everything.
Had a large room (550 sq ft) with two doubles and a spacious sitting area. At Fairmont's Great Rate promo for C$229 a night! What a steal!!
Service is very friendly, from doorman to concierge to front desk, etc.etc.
Prior to arrival asked concierge by email to help us with restaurant reservation. Efficiently done.
Also had dinner at hotel's main dining room Le Champlain. Excellent food (AAA four diamonds) and price was not outrageous. Beautiful setting and service was attentive but not intrusive.
Did a guided tour of the hotel. Tour guide dressed in period costume. Great fun!
Breakfast buffet is very good, with lots of choices and food is prepared very nicely.
DO NOT GO TO THAT CREPE PLACE NEXT DOOR. It's a tourist trap.
Would I go to this hotel if rate was higher? Yes, originally my booking was the same room at C$400 (then saw the Great Rates and switched). Even at that price I'd come back.
Want to come back next year, but it's the city's 400-year anniversary and I don't know what hotel rates will be like....
Old Nov 29, 2008, 11:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Hotel - A French Jewel in North America

http://www.pr.com/article/1114

Perched at the peak of Quebec City’s hilltop and overlooking the breathtaking Saint Lawrence River, The Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac Hotel provides visitors with breathtaking views as they survey the landscape of Old Quebec from every magnificently appointed corner of this hotel. Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac’s amazingly centralized location at the top of Old Quebec puts guest within walking distance to Quebec City’s most spectacular dining, shopping, site seeing and historical landmarks that the city has to offer.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 9:27 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Its a jewel if you get a good room, but most rooms are small and away from any view. I would not call it a French jewel either as it is a pretty Anglo property in the heart of French Quebec! Still it is the best hotel in Quebec City.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 1:40 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Quebec

My stay at Fairmount Le Chateau Frontenac in Quebec was outstanding! So good in fact, after being in the room 30 minutes, I went downstairs and they kindly booked me another night at the same rate (NFAF), same room. We were upgraded to a jacuzzi room, 18th floor, in the turret, a beautiful view of the city, nice new flat screen TV, super comfy queen bed, checked in early at noon. Loved the free internet (plus desk was at the window overlooking the city). Free local & 800 calls saved expensive int'l roaming charges on my U.S. cell phone. Coffee maker in the room with real cream in the frig! Enjoyed looking at the various shops in the hotel and having a drink each night at the hotel bar.

And my last comment, well this is class--My husband's t-shirts have never been treated so well. We were at the end of a 10-day trip so I needed to have some clothes laundered. They came back in a tissue-wrapped basket. Each t-shirt was enclosed in a plastic bag, folded neatly with a cardboard insert! At first I couldn't find my cotton capris but then I looked in the closet; there they were, hanging in a tuxedo bag!

Only one problem: Now I want to try out all the Fairmonts!
Old Jul 22, 2009, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Steph58
My stay at Fairmount Le Chateau Frontenac in Quebec was outstanding! So good in fact, after being in the room 30 minutes, I went downstairs and they kindly booked me another night at the same rate (NFAF), same room. We were upgraded to a jacuzzi room, 18th floor, in the turret, a beautiful view of the city, nice new flat screen TV, super comfy queen bed, checked in early at noon. Loved the free internet (plus desk was at the window overlooking the city). Free local & 800 calls saved expensive int'l roaming charges on my U.S. cell phone. Coffee maker in the room with real cream in the frig! Enjoyed looking at the various shops in the hotel and having a drink each night at the hotel bar.

And my last comment, well this is class--My husband's t-shirts have never been treated so well. We were at the end of a 10-day trip so I needed to have some clothes laundered. They came back in a tissue-wrapped basket. Each t-shirt was enclosed in a plastic bag, folded neatly with a cardboard insert! At first I couldn't find my cotton capris but then I looked in the closet; there they were, hanging in a tuxedo bag!

Did you try the tour of the hotel too? Was pretty cool.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 9:42 am

Programs: AC Elite
Planning to do the tour next week with my kids. Glad to hear it is worthwhile. Better in French or English?
Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:45 am

I did mine in English, and the kids did it in French. The tour guides dress in period costume, and took us to various parts of the hotel, incl the grand ballroom, etc. Old pics of Churchill and Rooselvelt and King meeting, and so on. Very informative, and just fun. Really enjoyed it.
And of course we went nearby to tour the Citadel as well. Really worth it.
Quebec is one of our favourite places to go in the summer!
Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:24 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Steph58

That is the way laundry is always done. Same at Four Season's etc. I wish I got that at home too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.