Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IBIS Business Card - GOLD?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2019, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
The ibis Business card doesn't give you much - hence they may give Gold.
The Accor Plus gives you the dining privileges in APAC, the one night free stay etc...
Indeed. The Accor Plus offers perks (in particular the free night) which are more valuable than the Ibis card. All that the Ibis card gives you, status aside, is a small discount on room and food&drinks at Ibis hotels only. They really are night and day in terms of their target population.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by NickB
Indeed. The Accor Plus offers perks (in particular the free night) which are more valuable than the Ibis card. All that the Ibis card gives you, status aside, is a small discount on room and food&drinks at Ibis hotels only. They really are night and day in terms of their target population.
Yes, they are quite distinct target markets. I signed up for the Ibis card ONLY for Accor Gold benefits, with no intention of staying at Ibis; I have no interest in the Accor Plus thing because it doesn’t suit my travel patterns/habits/preferences, although I can see why it would be attractive to many people.
As I said in my previous post, the €90 is good value, and valuable to me as a ‘taster’
Old Sep 27, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: LeClubAccor
I think I read somewhere here that Accor hotels can see in their system whether you bought status or earned it and that it might affect your upgrade chance, but I'm not sure if that is true or just hearsay.

I also got gold from Ibis business and it looks like a normal gold experience to me so far.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Judging that Accor didn't differentiate between paid gold and earned gold, I would say they shouldn't matter.

Unlike late SP with their 3 levels of Platinums ....
Lite Platinums for 25 stays, normal Platinums for 50 nights, and super Platinums for 100 nights
Old Sep 30, 2019, 4:00 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Surely they just give Silver.
The ibis Business card doesn't give you much - hence they may give Gold.
The Accor Plus gives you the dining privileges in APAC, the one night free stay etc... But yes, you only get silver.

Well that's what I have been highlighted to A+ program manager. Accor Plus should consider a better status for member who continuously paid for the membership. Like 5 continous membership get Gold and 10 years gets Platinum. They never listen.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 4:16 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I doubt their system able to recognise how many years you hold your A+.
I got A+ marketing calls during my A+ membership and after I stop.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 6:37 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kaizen7
I doubt their system able to recognise how many years you hold your A+.
I got A+ marketing calls during my A+ membership and after I stop.
The PMS hotels use and the database A+ use are totally unrelated, so your example is irrelevant. Most chains these days use PMS’s that really delve into data mining, they want to reward the high net promoters

I just renewed A+ and was dropped to Gold after fifty nights during the A+ year, problem is A+ is still looking at calendar years, not consecutive 12 month periods, so where is the incentive to stay now, I might as well buy the Ibis card again next year and not worry about status.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels (Gold), Ibis Business, Radisson Rewards (silver)
this is exactly my case. I was intrigued about Accor Gold, but have not travelled enough to Accor Locations in past years to qualify normally. I‘m finding it good value so far - whilst true upgrades are subject to availability, and I haven’t been upgraded for all my stays, you can ‘manage’ this a little by checking/ensuring that there are higher room categories available when you book/check-in. (A little trick I picked up here on FT!)

I’m finding that requests for early check-in/late check-out are usually accommodated, and more often than not I’ve received some sort of welcome amenity which is a nice treat.

In fact the experience has compelled me to stay at Accor properties (and higher level properties) more often so I may actually get close to qualifying for Gold without it - so perhaps that’s where It’s worth it to Accor - converting their lower tier property customers to higher levels and higher frequency...

Originally Posted by paolo64
Yes, they are quite distinct target markets. I signed up for the Ibis card ONLY for Accor Gold benefits, with no intention of staying at Ibis; I have no interest in the Accor Plus thing because it doesn’t suit my travel patterns/habits/preferences, although I can see why it would be attractive to many people.
As I said in my previous post, the €90 is good value, and valuable to me as a ‘taster’
paolo64 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 3:40 am

Hi, I've been reading a lot on this subject but couldn't find a definite answer. At the moment there's a promotion running to earn 800 points with a stay booked by ibis business card, however I wanted to know if I acquire the business card now or by the end of the promotion period which is end of the year, would I keep the Le club gold status for the duration of ibis business validity or only by the end of the year? in short, how long is the validity of the gold status after subscribing to ibis business plan?
Old Oct 26, 2019, 7:40 pm

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels (Gold), Ibis Business, Radisson Rewards (silver)
From what I understand, your gold status is valid for the full calendar years that your ibis business card is valid: so if you were to get the card now, it would be valid this year and up to Dec 2020.

Originally Posted by Matin
Hi, I've been reading a lot on this subject but couldn't find a definite answer. At the moment there's a promotion running to earn 800 points with a stay booked by ibis business card, however I wanted to know if I acquire the business card now or by the end of the promotion period which is end of the year, would I keep the Le club gold status for the duration of ibis business validity or only by the end of the year? in short, how long is the validity of the gold status after subscribing to ibis business plan?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LH600
Folks... currently holding Accor Silver Status... wondering if I get a full upgrade to GOLD once i purchase the IBIS business card @ 90€/a!?!?!? Since GOLD would get me upgrades at ALL Accor hotels (incl. premium brands) i guess I must have mistaken the offer!!?
It USED to be that Gold status gave you room upgrades. No more with ALL. Gold is now just as worthless as Silver.
See: https://ibis.accor.com/business/ibis...index.en.shtml
Old Dec 3, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Stratonaut
It USED to be that Gold status gave you room upgrades. No more with ALL. Gold is now just as worthless as Silver.
See: https://ibis.accor.com/business/ibis...index.en.shtml

Room upgrade is still a Gold benefit with ALL: https://all.accor.com/loyalty-progra...index.en.shtml
Old Dec 3, 2019, 9:16 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by leoo
Room upgrade is still a Gold benefit with ALL: https://all.accor.com/loyalty-progra...index.en.shtml
Then maybe there's a different "Gold" when you have the Ibis Business card, because a room upgrade isn't mentioned as a benefit of having Gold status on the Ibis Business website. See the link I posted, then click on "Gold treatment".

Or, this might just be Accor being Accor and posting inaccurate/misleading/wrong information as they routinely do.

Old Dec 4, 2019, 7:16 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Dear Members,

Thanks for sharing this information.
This missing benefit on the ibis Business page has been identified and shared with the relevant team yesterday, after our website's switch.

As Leoo said, rest assured that the "Upgrade to a next room category" benefit remains granted to Gold members in the ALL - Accor Live Limitless programme. As usual, it is still submitted to the hotel's availability and confirmed upon arrival.
This mention will be updated soon.

Best regards,

Amy
Markie, leoo, Cyberhacker and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 4:06 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Just renewed my card (€159/2 years). Can confirm that the upgrades are now mentioned on the ibis Business pages.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.