FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   "Suite Night Upgrades" from 2020 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1987938-suite-night-upgrades-2020-a.html)

IMH Sep 19, 2019 1:51 am

"Suite Night Upgrades" from 2020

This thread is intended to gather information about the "Suite Night Upgrades" that are being introduced as part of the Accor Live Limitless programme when it replaces Le Club at the end of 2019.

This thread supplements the existing general thread about the new ALL programme, which contains information and speculation about multiple aspects of the new scheme.

It will be useful to add and maintain a wiki, focussing on 'hard' information that is of practical use. Questions to be answered include:
  • How do I earn "suite night upgrades"?
  • When can eligible members use their guaranteed suite upgrades?
  • When do suite upgrades expire (last dates for reservations or stays)?
  • What are the requirements for a booking to be eligible for a suite upgrade (room type/category and/or rate)?
  • Can they be applied to existing bookings, or only to new reservations?
  • Are they subject to capacity controls and/or caprice?
  • When will upgrades be confirmed?
  • Will there be a waiting list system?
Please feel free to add questions, as well as answers!

In time we will see whether this thread is also a good home for reports of how the "suite nights" benefit is handled in practice by different properties across brands, countries and/or regions. I suspect we'll add threads as time goes on, in which case linking from the wiki will be helpful.

nkob Sep 19, 2019 3:13 am

great idear
i asked pulman and fairmont about it
their response is that in nov they get guidelines about it
greetings
cornelis

matmatlr Sep 19, 2019 4:51 pm

Good idea !

I talked yesterday with a Sofitel GM about the new ALL program and he did not know anything about it
Neither he knew about the 2 levels introduced (Diamond & Invitation only).

To be implemented early 2020, he confirmed me they should receive clear informations and guidelines in November

IMH Nov 17, 2019 12:12 am

Posted here by starflyergold:

Originally Posted by starflyergold (Post 31723824)
The suite upgrades [...] will have to be done via the phone (call centre) initially, not online.

kaizen7 Nov 17, 2019 6:16 am

How can we know which suite category that the SNA valid for ?
(Hopefully Accor didn't do dirty trick like Bonvoys SNA that can be used to upgrade to "enchanced rooms" )

gilbertaue Nov 18, 2019 5:52 pm

Suite Night Upgrade (SNU) criteria will be indexed basing on the room type booked and the corresponding room with the description of SUITE in the name. So that would normally mean something like Basic Room -> Junior Suite. Hotels are not allowed to re-designate room descriptions.
Higher room types are indexed to higher Suites.

The Suite you'd be able to get would be shown during booking and immediately confirmed.

starflyergold Nov 18, 2019 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by gilbertaue (Post 31751984)
Suite Night Upgrade (SNU) criteria will be indexed basing on the room type booked and the corresponding room with the description of SUITE in the name. So that would normally mean something like Basic Room -> Junior Suite. Hotels are not allowed to re-designate room descriptions.
Higher room types are indexed to higher Suites.

The Suite you'd be able to get would be shown during booking and immediately confirmed.

How can they be immediately confirmed when you have to call to apply to "upgrade"?

gilbertaue Nov 19, 2019 12:13 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold (Post 31752932)
How can they be immediately confirmed when you have to call to apply to "upgrade"?

The way I've illustrated is how it will work once the system works.
Initial requirement is to call but should hopefully start working online in due course.

wkndtraveler Nov 19, 2019 4:33 am

Any updates on whether one suite night upgrade is for one night only or for one stay? If one night only, the diamond member must move to another room during the stay which is inconvenient.

gilbertaue Nov 19, 2019 4:37 am

Originally Posted by wkndtraveler (Post 31753424)
Any updates on whether one suite night upgrade is for one night only or for one stay? If one night only, the diamond member must move to another room during the stay which is inconvenient.

One NIGHT for each SNU you have (you can decide on how many you want to use).
And then pray the hotel doesn't downgrade you.

nkob Nov 19, 2019 4:39 am

its inconvenient
plat 2 SNU is 2 nights suite
some hotels with suites have by example suites with garden view and suites with mouintain view
a slight difference in price
but its a difference !
greetings
cornelis

tris06 Nov 19, 2019 4:35 pm

I should have 3 suite night certificates for next year. I plan to use it for a single stay of 4 or 5 nights and hope I don't get downgraded.

Beckett66 Nov 19, 2019 7:12 pm

I'll have 3 too but will probably try them for 3 x 2-night stays (and hope I don't get downgraded).

nkob Nov 20, 2019 1:03 am

i have 3 too i have a talk with fairmont maraks about the posibilitys
greetings
cornelis

IMH Nov 20, 2019 10:06 am

Originally Posted by wkndtraveler (Post 31753424)
Any updates on whether one suite night upgrade is for one night only or for one stay?

We don't need to wait for updates on this one: a Suite Night Upgrade will upgrade a night, not a stay.

Of course some members will get lucky but the assumption should be that you'll get what you're entitled to and no more.