Opening Soon - Sofitel Mexico City Pre-review

Old Sep 18, 19, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate / Accor Hotel Platinum
Opening Soon - Sofitel Mexico City Pre-review

Hi guys,

For the ones that did not read the "2019 hotels opening" thread, I was supposed to stay this week in Sofitel Mexico City.
The hotel was supposed to open on Sept 1st but opening was postponed to Oct 15th if everything goes well as there is still some construction work to be finished.
My booking was canceled and they managed to book me another equivalent hotel.
I had the chance to talk to the Sofitel GM (I guess I am a good client) and he gently invited me to visit the hotel before its official opening so here are some pictures of what is going to be "one of the nicest Sofitel in the world".

Before to start, Accor offer in Mexico city was very poor and top notch hotels as well.
4 Seasons used to be the top in the city but is getting old (25 years) and St Regis is around 10 years old so there was clearly a room for modern 5 star hotels and I am pretty sure this Sofitel will soon become on the Top 3 in the city.

Location is excellent (Paseo de la Reforma) between Polanco, Zona Rosa & Condesa (business area, safe & quite modern)

34 floors
Floor 1st to 9th - Parking
Floors 10th to 13th - Sofitel offices
Reception on 14th floor
Floor 14th to 34th - Superior Rooms / Luxury Rooms / Suites / Restaurants / Spa & Swimming pool / Bar / Le Club Lounge
2 types of rooms (Superior & Luxury) & 5 types of suites
Around 280 rooms in total for around 300 employees
Construction started in 2016

The hotel has been focused on design with very shape designs and a real luxury feeling that makes it a Sofitel 2.0.
A real change compared to all Sofitels I am used to in the US or Canada

Here are some pictures I was allowed to take while it is not finished yet (pardon me the poor quality, I am far from being a photographer

They managed to keep the old house that was there before
Nice integration
It will be a jazzy bar with a terrasse

View of the building from the entry

Lobby with valet & parking entry
Amazing light grey marble concierge desk (that I could not take in photo)

Reception & Lobby (on 14th floor)
Quite small compared to the hotel size but they will push to digitalize as much as possible check-in & check-out

Very beautiful ceiling lights

360 degrees view on Mexico city
Not many buildings are above 20 floors so the view is just amazing

Swimming pool on Floor 35 if I remember well
A pity this is only indoor but very nice indeed with flowered walls, jacuzzi and again an amazing design

Bar & Restaurant

Superior & Luxury Room
Around 35 sqm for the smallest one

All rooms are equipped with bluetooth and latest technology so we can connect mobile with TV, room speakers... that allows you to skip the Bose sound dock that is not working half of the time
Quite impressed by the technology installed even on "simple" rooms

Luxury Rooms

Junior Suite Bathtube

Presidential Suite (300 sqm) - Around 15 000 a night
Was not able to take more pictures but really really nice place to spend a week or more

Terrasse Jacuzzi

Le Club Lounge

To conclude, I must say that I am impressed how modern the entire hotel is. Everything has been well designed, furnitures looks very fancy, amazing lightings...
This is a clear change with other Sofitel hotels that tend to be very traditional in terms of design.

I had the chance to visit the kitchens while the chefs were finalizing the menu and tastings and that was really a nice experience.
I should be back there for a more intensive review early december and I am already excited ! Really think this hotel will quickly become a reference for Sofitel brand around the world
Old Sep 18, 19, 9:22 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALLPlus Platinum (formerly known as Le Club AccorHotels), Hertz PC
Thank you!

Parts of it mirror the Sofitel Singapore City Centre.
Very nice!
Old Sep 18, 19, 10:14 pm

Programs: Carte Bienvenue
Thank you ! Great pictures - as gilbertaue mentioned the design is similar to what you would find in some "modern" Sofitels across Asia Pacific and nothing like the pre-2000 Sofitels you are used to in North America.
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Sep 18, 19, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Superb !!!
thank you
Old Sep 20, 19, 12:01 am

Programs: Accor Hotel, Hilton Honors, Emirates, Alitalia, Amex
Amazing (pre) review. Really wonderful pictures and wonderful property. 👍
Old Oct 3, 19, 10:27 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: Le Club AccorHotels
Dear matmatlr,

Thank you for your review and sharing with us the information before the hotel opens its doors.
Keep posting other reviews, it's much appreciated.

Best regards,
Amy
Old Oct 7, 19, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate / Accor Hotel Platinum
Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge View Post
Dear matmatlr,

Thank you for your review and sharing with us the information before the hotel opens its doors.
Keep posting other reviews, it's much appreciated.

Best regards,
Amy
You're welcome

Will be pleased to share an extensive review beginning of Dec as I will be staying there for a week.

Prestige suite booked, special request from the GM to its team to take care of me during my stay and I'll be close to 35 000 status points.

I am sure that with all that, I'll get a very nice stay and I am looking forward to it
Until that, its gonna be Pullman in Brazil, Mercure in Spain, Sofitel & Novotel in Canada and M Gallery in Italy
Old Oct 13, 19, 4:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor & Marriott Platinum (former IHG Rewards Plat Ambassador)
Has it officially opened ?

Search this Thread