FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Hotel review: Mercure Firenze Centro (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1986141-hotel-review-mercure-firenze-centro.html)

wkndtraveler Sep 6, 2019 7:04 am

Hotel review: Mercure Firenze Centro

Introduction I spent two nights in Florence and decided to stay at Mercure instead of Mgallery since I wasn’t planning to be much at hotel. The stay was more or less satisfactory. The hotel did the job but I found it a little bit expensive (about 200€ per night) for the amenities provided.Dreary main entrance.But inside was a bit better.Lobby. Check In I arrived after noon but my room wasn’t ready. Check-in agent was friendly and promised to prioritize cleaning of my room. I had booked a standard room with queen size bed and I was told that due to my platinum status I received an upgrade to a superior room wih king size bed. Nice.Messy front desk with unstaffed priority check-in.There is an unstaffed bar next to the front desk.This is where you'll have your welcome drink. The hotel also serves complimentary snacks here.Lobby area. Room The room was spacious and had a small sofa, coffee table, writing desk and even balcony which was a big plus. However, I was surprised that the room didn’t have bathrobes. I called to front desk just to find out the hotel charges 5€ extra for one bathrobe (general manager waived 10€ for the bathrobes when I gave feedback).The room didn’t even have a Nespresso machine. Instead, it had kettle with instant coffee and paper cups instead of porcelain. Bathroom had plastic cups instead of glasses and reminder that reusing towels saves our planet. Well…Amenities were modest. Despite the highest category, my superior room lacked some of the basic amenities such as bathrobes, hair conditioner, and body lotion. I’m not very familiar with Mercure but I felt I had checked in to a two-star Ibis instead of a four-star Mercure.Fitted carpet had lots of yucky stains.Superior room with balcony.Superior room.Balcony of the superior room.Balcony of the superior room.View from the superior room.Amenities of the superior room.Bathroom of the superior room.Filthy carpet in the superior room. Loyalty treatment I didn’t get early check-in and didn’t need late check-out.Welcome drink voucher was given spontaneously and I was able to use it for Campari spritz and negroni done by one of the front desk workers (the bar was unstaffed and I had to go to front desk first to make an order).Welcome gift was a small bottle of mineral water and two tasty almond cookies. Nothing special but I didn’t expect much to be honest.Welcome gift: water and almond cookies (0,50€ each at a grocery store nearby).Welcome drinks: Campari spritz and negroni. Service The staff were very friendly. One thing could be improved. Bags weren’t delivered to the room by the staff while we were out but we had to drag them by ourself when picking up keycards. A small thing, yes, and maybe it’s even normal at four-star hotels. Location The location is just great near the railway station (5min walk), the city center (10min walk) and many restaurants. Overall The hotel offered a comfortable and spacious base to explore Florence. Still, Mercure Firenze Centro is a three-star property at max in my opinion. Yet I would be happy to return.

Dav77 Sep 6, 2019 7:33 am

It is (unfortunately) the average Mercure in Italy. 3+1 bonus stars ... (don’t ask where the bonus star come from 😃) and sometimes even 2+2 bonus stars.

but this Mercure seems nice property.

The rates in July/August in touristic cities in Italy (Florence is one of the main) are at least x2 or x3 compared with the rest of the year.