Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > AccorHotels | Le Club AccorHotels
Reload this Page >

Using points at Fairmont hotels. Possible at reception?

Old Aug 24, 19, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, Accor Gold, IHG Plat

I am about the book a stay at a Fairmont. Because the Accor website weirdly does not offer the same prices and packages as Fairmont's own website, I will book on the latter. However that does not give my the option to use my Accor points online to deduct a portion of the rate. Is it possible to still do this at the hotel? I would assume a rate booked on the Fairmont website, even if it is not available to the direct LCAH channels, would qualify for this?
Old Aug 24, 19, 7:43 am

Programs: TK*G, AC Aeroplan, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Nexus/GE, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph View Post
I am about the book a stay at a Fairmont. Because the Accor website weirdly does not offer the same prices and packages as Fairmont's own website, I will book on the latter. However that does not give my the option to use my Accor points online to deduct a portion of the rate. Is it possible to still do this at the hotel? I would assume a rate booked on the Fairmont website, even if it is not available to the direct LCAH channels, would qualify for this?
Yes. You can use your points at check-out. I just redeem whatever points I have in my account before paying the final balance at check-out, since I see little advantage to saving them up.

I would never book a Fairmont hotel from the Accor site. In addition to being slow and buggy, it seems it doesn't show all of the rates options available on the Fairmont website. You would think integrating the promotions/packages so they show the same options wouldn't be all that difficult, but this is Accor IT we're talking about.
Old Aug 25, 19, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, Accor Gold, IHG Plat
Good to know, thanks! And I totally agree on most Fairmont rates not being available through Accor. Very inconvenient.

By the way is using points at check-out also possible at other Accor brands on all (including prepaid) rates? On the app I usually only see the ‘you can use your points’ notification on some rates. Special/promo rates often don’t show this. Would be great if i can still apply points at the property.
Old Aug 25, 19, 12:49 pm

Programs: TK*G, AC Aeroplan, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Nexus/GE, Hertz #1 Gold
I'm not sure how you would be able to use points upon check-out on a stay which you have prepaid. As a rule, I don't book prepaid rates, so haven't had occasion to try. Others more experienced with LC might know more. I would probably just hold on to the points until my next stay, as I would get the same redemption value out of them.
Old Aug 25, 19, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by CanadaDH View Post
I'm not sure how you would be able to use points upon check-out on a stay which you have prepaid.
To pay for incidentals.
Old Aug 25, 19, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post

To pay for incidentals.
Obviously, yes. But, I think OP was wanting to pay for the room with points.
Old Aug 25, 19, 6:29 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: LeClub AccorHotels / Accor Plus (Platinum), Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclu...h-points.shtml

BY PHONE: Choose your residence to obtain the number, then tell the Customer Care Advisor you want to book with your points.
AT THE HOTEL: Use your Rewards points throughout your stay to pay less when checking-out. Simply ask at hotel Reception for further details.

So, you can book your stay on the phone, advising the agent that you want to use your points (though I'm unsure if these agents would have access to Fairmont rates?), or you can use your points at hotel reception (though be prepared for the GSA needing a manager's help to process it)
bhrubin likes this.

Search this Thread