Novotel Nice Arenas -Dump

Old Aug 6, 19, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Novotel Nice Arenas -Dump

I just arrived at this property and it is really crappy. Our bedroom is so small you can barely move around the bed. There is no space for toiletries in the bathroom. The amenities are a bar of soap and a squeeze-me bottle of soapshampoo in the shower. The walls have cottage-cheese-style covering. It feels like an Ibis. Only positive: walking distance to the airport, we landed at 8 PM and will leave at 9:30. I cannot wait to be out of here.
Old Aug 6, 19, 1:35 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALLPlus Platinum (formerly known as Le Club AccorHotels), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by af fp View Post
I just arrived at this property and it is really crappy. Our bedroom is so small you can barely move around the bed. There is no space for toiletries in the bathroom. The amenities are a bar of soap and a squeeze-me bottle of soapshampoo in the shower. The walls have cottage-cheese-style covering. It feels like an Ibis. Only positive: walking distance to the airport, we landed at 8 PM and will leave at 9:30. I cannot wait to be out of here.
Did they let you out?
Send a signal if you need help.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Aug 6, 19, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
I stayed twice at this Novotel and it is a very standard French Novotel (which I dislike) and there is nothing to write home about. Never had any loyalty recognition apart the drink voucher. But I am quite surprised by your comment about room size. They are the standard Novotel room size with the bed and the sofa bed so they are quite large. Of course if you se the sofa bed as an extra bed, there’s no more room.
The only interest to stay there is if you go to a concert/show at the arenas.
Old Aug 6, 19, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

The room is in a corner and it is impossible to circulate. The AC does not work well, the window does not open... it is just awful. There is a sofa on the side but we did not convert it into a bed. Still it feels cramped. I have not been to a Novotel in years and now I am hoping never to go again.
Old Aug 6, 19, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Is there a decent hotel in walking distance from the airport?
Old Aug 8, 19, 12:05 am
Original Poster

So after I complained to the hotel they promptly refunded 15% of the rate as a “commercial gesture”. Nonetheless my commercial gesture will be to never come back, it seems a Sheraton is being built next to this Novotel, it should do well.
Old Aug 10, 19, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by af fp View Post
Is there a decent hotel in walking distance from the airport?
I had a good experience at the Novotel Suites Nice Airport, notably an upgrade to a room with a huge terrace on the top floor.

Search this Thread