Search

Pullman Shanghai Jing an

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2019, 11:15 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Pullman Shanghai Jing an

This hotel should be avioded by gold and platinium members unless it is really the best location for what you need. We may still book it later this month due to location but not happy with my conversation with the reservations and duty manager.

I often ask around booking time about rooms and etc. Sadly this is a hotel if you book the deluxe room thinks the following....

Gold members get upgraded from their high floor deluxe room to a deluxe room on the executive floor without club benefits.

Platinium members can expect to enjoy an upgrade from their high floor deluxe room to a deluxe room with executive lounge benefits.

Talking both to reservations and the duty manager they could not tell me how does that deluxe room was better than what I am looking to book. So eventually they just went back to the petty excuse that it is a 1 level upgrade and that is it.

(Bangs head on the wall)

Bazin please add to the new ALL program for platinium members and especially diamond members, a clause that stops hotels from doing this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 11:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The Pullman is a better value than both the IC and the Courtyard Marriott IMO. BTW, I spend a lot of time in the area (wpp), and it has gotten a lot nicer, but it is not the true jing'an.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 6:16 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Not sure about, pardonnez-les-mots, Gold Member treatment, but I was there as a Platinum and lounge access was granted without any issues, I even emailed the hotel beforehand to make sure if I should book breakfast or not and they were were gracious in informing me that lounge access includes breakfast for both guests in the room should one be a Platinum member. I booked the lowest room category on the lowest available rate and was treated royally throughout my stay.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 9:49 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
I think people are missing the problem. Which is lounge access and room upgrade are seen as the same benefit. How can one justify a room on the 20th floor being moved to the 22nd floor where the room is exactly the same and being told the hotel has granted a room upgrade to you. What financial cost is it to the hotel to do this? Nothing. Because you are actually getting what you paid for and the lounge access added on.

One cannot be happy with such treatment even if they smile and etc. The fact is they are being very bad with this particular platinium benefit. I am sure if booking a superior room then they have no way but to put You into a room which is actually different with lounge access.

Most likely if you booked a Superior room they would put you into the deluxe room on the lounge floor anyway. But book a deluxe room and expect only to be given a deluxe room as they don't want to give out their precious junior suite.
wkndtraveler and Maelstrom like this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 1:46 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
I agree with you. This is a real problem in certain hotels. Sofitel Singapore City Centre is another one that comes to mind.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 2:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
I agree with you. This is a real problem in certain hotels. Sofitel Singapore City Centre is another one that comes to mind.
​​​​​​
As I intimated up thread, if you want to stay in Zhabei, it's a three horse race. Expecting the cheapest horse to fawn over guests might not pencil (i.e. if they lose the flag, ADR doesn't suffer).
Old Aug 6, 2019, 1:33 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tris06
I think people are missing the problem. Which is lounge access and room upgrade are seen as the same benefit. How can one justify a room on the 20th floor being moved to the 22nd floor where the room is exactly the same and being told the hotel has granted a room upgrade to you. What financial cost is it to the hotel to do this? Nothing. Because you are actually getting what you paid for and the lounge access added on.

One cannot be happy with such treatment even if they smile and etc. The fact is they are being very bad with this particular platinium benefit. I am sure if booking a superior room then they have no way but to put You into a room which is actually different with lounge access.

Most likely if you booked a Superior room they would put you into the deluxe room on the lounge floor anyway. But book a deluxe room and expect only to be given a deluxe room as they don't want to give out their precious junior suite.
I know exactly what you're talking about.
I have also had management in Accor confirm with me that a Dlx and Exec Dlx room with no difference in room design/amenities apart from lounge access is NOT an upgrade.

I suggest you make a scene when you're there. (or look up the GM and email him. [email protected])
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:23 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Originally Posted by tris06
This hotel should be avioded by gold and platinium members unless it is really the best location for what you need. We may still book it later this month due to location but not happy with my conversation with the reservations and duty manager.

I often ask around booking time about rooms and etc. Sadly this is a hotel if you book the deluxe room thinks the following....

Gold members get upgraded from their high floor deluxe room to a deluxe room on the executive floor without club benefits.

Platinium members can expect to enjoy an upgrade from their high floor deluxe room to a deluxe room with executive lounge benefits.

Talking both to reservations and the duty manager they could not tell me how does that deluxe room was better than what I am looking to book. So eventually they just went back to the petty excuse that it is a 1 level upgrade and that is it.

(Bangs head on the wall)

Bazin please add to the new ALL program for platinium members and especially diamond members, a clause that stops hotels from doing this.
Dear tris06,

Thank you for sharing with us your feedbacks and sorry that your stay wasn't up to your expectations.
Unfortunately, we couldn't identify your reservation on your account but we shared your feedbacks with Le Club AccorHotels team in Asia.

Best regards,
Amy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.