Accor Plus Solicitation Calls

Old Jul 26, 19, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA-PLT, DL-GM, QF-GLD, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Accor Plus Solicitation Calls

Hello all-

I've received 3 solicitation calls from Accor trying to get me to join Accor Plus in the last 12 months or so. I just received the 3rd one today. The last two times, I specifically told them I had no interest in the program and please take me off the list. I was very polite and so were the agents that called me, I didn't get angry or anything. The program just doesn't interest me and I just don't like to get unsolicited phone calls (and at least once I was overseas and woken up).

How can I prevent this in the future? I had already unsubscribed from all communications in my account after the first phone call. I am a member of all the big hotel programs, nobody has ever called me like this. If it happens a 4th time I will be removing myself from Accor completely... just the principle of the thing really, I am not a potential buyer of A+, stop bothering me.
Old Jul 26, 19, 1:18 am

Programs: NZ Elite *G, Accor+ Gold
I had around 5 of these when I wasn't interested. I finally asked them to remove me from the list. I think by that point I was less than polite. But they did remove me. I've since joined of my own volition.
Old Jul 26, 19, 3:35 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF WP, VS Gold, IHG RA, A Club Plat.
I have left an old phone number in my profile for that reason, it’s a pity they do this, the program is a bit of a no brainer when you look closely, especially for the room rate discounts, I paid $60 a night in Melbourne and Hong Kong this week.
Old Jul 26, 19, 4:20 am
Original Poster

I'm sure many can make the program work for them. It doesn't sound like a terrible program. But the model of 'give us cash now, and try to earn it back later' is just not for me.

I seldom stay at Accor properties and I have status in three other hotel programs that I'd favor first, so it would require a big change in habits to move towards Accor and benefit from this program. And their marketing is most definitely making them even less preferred...
Old Jul 26, 19, 12:52 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb , LCAH : Gold, Skywards : Gold
I did receive couple of these calls.
They proudly promote that I can get Silver LCAH automatically by joining A+
Old Jul 26, 19, 1:51 pm

Actually it might or might not be from your le club profile, I got a few of those calls too before (blocked by an app I use), but I've never put that hong kong number I have in le club or any reservations. So it could even be just entirely cold call for them as well
Old Jul 26, 19, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by patrickw View Post
Actually it might or might not be from your le club profile, I got a few of those calls too before (blocked by an app I use), but I've never put that hong kong number I have in le club or any reservations. So it could even be just entirely cold call for them as well
Definitely not a cold call. They have my name and all my reservation history. 'Mr. CPMaverick, I see you stayed at one of our hotels in Parramatta on XX, and also in Brisbane on XX'

Search this Thread