Wiki Posts
Search

Seeing all the offers and promotions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: LeClubAccor
Seeing all the offers and promotions

Is there a way to see all the offers and promotions Accor offers at any given time?
I have noticed that the app and site only show me offers and promotions for my geographical region, and even then not all of them.
I.e. I was checking Dubrovnik for a weekend in November and Rixos showed some A Short Break promotion option on the room which is cheaper and includes breakfast, but that offer/promotion never appeared in my app.
Same with other geographical regions. I like to plan my trips according to offers since there are many countries that I'd like to see, so destination itself is not so important right now.
I.e. for my honeymoon trip my wife and I are going to Vietnam since I accidentally on some webpage saw offer for 20% off and free breakfast for hotels in Vietnam.
If I hadn't accidentaly seen it, I wouldn't had been going there.
So, any option or some way to check all the active offers/promotions at any given time?

Last edited by Todbringer; Jul 22, 2019 at 12:16 am Reason: Typos
Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:51 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Hide and Seak

Originally Posted by Todbringer
Is there a way to see all the offers and promotions Accor offers at any given time?
I have noticed that the app and site only show me offers and promotions for my geographical region, and even then not all of them.
I.e. I was checking Dubrovnik for a weekend in November and Rixos showed some A Short Break promotion option on the room which is cheaper and includes breakfast, but that offer/promotion never appeared in my app.
Same with other geographical regions. I like to plan my trips according to offers since there are many countries that I'd like to see, so destination itself is not so important right now.
I.e. for my honeymoon trip my wife and I are going to Vietnam since I accidentally on some webpage saw offer for 20% off and free breakfast for hotels in Vietnam.
If I hadn't accidentaly seen it, I wouldn't had been going there.
So, any option or some way to check all the active offers/promotions at any given time?

If you change your Geo Region, you can access the "local" private sales. It is a bit of a faf as sometimes it will not let you book.

I totally agree with the OP. Accor needs to show all offers, or does it think that it may get more cash if it hides them ? ie don't show the "rich" Europeans the offers in a "Poor" area or visa versa as we can maximise our income.

They are starting to do this with Accor Plus, but by then they have had the 400 AUS $ or whatever it has costs from you ....

All offers in one easy to use web page

All promotions similar ( same logic - lets register everyone for them not just those who stumble across them )

The whole promotion / bonus / discount thing from Accor is a big complicated game of hide and seak with the customer..... who often gives up !

/rant
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:25 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Totally agree. For whatever reason Accor seem to believe that travellers do not venture out of their region when looking for deal/sales. For a global hotel company it is a rather peculiar attitude.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Totally agree. For whatever reason Accor seem to believe that travellers do not venture out of their region when looking for deal/sales. For a global hotel company it is a rather peculiar attitude.
They don't even advertise all the promotions within a region. I chanced upon Sofitel Fiji having a 40% off private sale last week purely through pricing up dummy bookings for when their renovations are done. This hotel is usually excluded from even normal sales. Needless to say I booked immediately! But it was not advertised anywhere on Accor sites or the hotel site. Talk about private...
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 3:37 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Agree about that, the entire promotions/offer system is done in such a way as to maximize the chance that customers will not know about them or not look at them. Accor really has weird marketing practices ...
Old Jul 23, 2019, 5:22 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
What would also be highly appreciated is that one wouldn't need to register to participate different point promotions. The promotional bonus points should be automatically given to those who makes a booking during promotion.
hotel_user and starflyergold like this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: LeClubAccor
Yeah, I agree with all the above. It really says something about a loyalty program in which they do everything they can to make getting promotions and points as difficult as possible. I understand that they have to make profit, but so much energy and effort is being wasted into trying to obscure promotions that it is bordering between being funny and insulting.
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 8:51 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I still miss the Happy Mondays !

At least with that promotion, you knew when it was on

The French web access to Private Sales is to "Very Chic" ( I think ) and if you book with them, you do not get your status or points ...... that's just cruel ....

However, with thanks to LL and FT members there is a list of this week's "Private Sales"

https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/07/22/...#disqus_thread

Last edited by hotel_user; Jul 23, 2019 at 12:30 pm Reason: more info added
Old Jul 23, 2019, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by hotel_user

The French web access to Private Sales is to "Very Chic" ( I think ) and if you book with them, you do not get your status or points ...... that's just cruel ....
Wait, no points with private sale rates? I booked one the other day and don't recall seeing that anywhere. Where is this wonderful perk published?!
Old Jul 24, 2019, 5:23 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
No points only if you book via VeryCHIC. Otherwise, you get regular points if you book Private Sale rates via the regular (non-French) Accor page.

As to the offers - much like airlines and pretty much every other business, Accor's chances on staying above the line is with intelligent price discrimination. It would have been much more intelligent to simply limit promotions based on member data (which they began to do), but for now this is how they make up all the money they give away to us by way of promotions, discounts, upgrades etc. It will only make sense for hotel operators to get hooked up to a chain if that chain offers increases in RevPAR (i.e. in practice total revenues), which is a combination of ADR and occupancy. The only way to increase both ceteris paribus is to use price discrimination, otherwise it's either one or the other that gets cannibalized, often nullifying the effect of the other.

If Accor would simply let everybody use the lowest / most advantageous rate, we'd all be happy but we would have hardly booked more at Accor hotels in total to make up for the revenue lost to Accor but, more importantly, hotel operators. So they'd move away from Accor or, worse yet, opt out of being branded at all and just let booking.com et. al. eat up all that money the spend on Accor now. And slowly fade into irrelevance until all that's left is airBnB.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 8:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Does the new accor website have a promotions page, like the old one did ?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 11:33 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
It does but it is just as bad as it was before.

hotel_user and est-gratuite like this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:26 am

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
It's really putting me off accor bookings by now. To first go to many sites and different options/geo's to get different prices is just too much… Then it just becomes too much of a effort rather spend on 'easier' marriott/hilton/igh hotel bookings. We know the French are not the easiest with basically anything but with accor they really take it next level (europcar is another example).
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:33 am
Accor Contributor Badge

And with Hilton, for example, you can use existing booking for the promotions. Just register. No need for all the cancel and rebook fuf ( and higher rates ) and if you have booked as a pre paid you can't take advantage.
Beckett66 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.