Corporate rate- denied bonus points

Old Jul 13, 19, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Corporate rate- denied bonus points

Any advice appreciated... There was a recent promo for 2x points on weekday stays/3x points on weekend stays in Asia Pacific. As usual, I registered ,booked my stays at a corporate rate and expected points to not post without a fight.

Usually, bonus points never post without having to manually claim them. As an Accor Plus Gold I am always redirect to Accor Plus customer service, and previously they have had no problem adding them as a "courtesy bonus".

However I have now struck a very difficult representative who denies that corporate rates are eligible, but there is nothing in the terms and conditions that mentions this. First they claimed that non public rates are excluded, I sent a copy of the terms and pointed out no such clause exists. Then they claimed this was a promotional rate! Apparently they have gotten in trouble from Paris before and have now escalated my query. Weeks later, nothing.

The value of the points is no more than 10 Euro so this is so frustrating given I'm a regular customer and pay a premium for Accor Plus...

What would you do in this situation? (Other than change loyalty I know but locations I travel to are heavy on Accor)
Old Jul 13, 19, 11:55 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALLPlus Platinum (formerly known as Le Club AccorHotels), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by znsm View Post
Any advice appreciated... There was a recent promo for 2x points on weekday stays/3x points on weekend stays in Asia Pacific. As usual, I registered ,booked my stays at a corporate rate and expected points to not post without a fight.

Usually, bonus points never post without having to manually claim them. As an Accor Plus Gold I am always redirect to Accor Plus customer service, and previously they have had no problem adding them as a "courtesy bonus".

However I have now struck a very difficult representative who denies that corporate rates are eligible, but there is nothing in the terms and conditions that mentions this. First they claimed that non public rates are excluded, I sent a copy of the terms and pointed out no such clause exists. Then they claimed this was a promotional rate! Apparently they have gotten in trouble from Paris before and have now escalated my query. Weeks later, nothing.

The value of the points is no more than 10 Euro so this is so frustrating given I'm a regular customer and pay a premium for Accor Plus...

What would you do in this situation? (Other than change loyalty I know but locations I travel to are heavy on Accor)
Where is your Accor Plus contact based.
Maybe one of us can then DM you a managers' contact.
Old Jul 14, 19, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gilbertaue View Post
Where is your Accor Plus contact based.
Maybe one of us can then DM you a managers' contact.
Thanks. I am based in New Zealand and referred to Accor Plus in Australia
Old Jul 14, 19, 5:50 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALLPlus Platinum (formerly known as Le Club AccorHotels), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by znsm View Post
Thanks. I am based in New Zealand and referred to Accor Plus in Australia
I would have been able to help you in SE Asia.
If someone else could help that'd be great..

If not I can ask.

Search this Thread