Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor customer survey - what a dumpster fire

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accor customer survey - what a dumpster fire

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE
Thumbs down Accor customer survey - what a dumpster fire

I recieved a survey today from Accor to "Help us improve your experience at Accor Hotels." I have to say it's pretty much the most poorly designed survey I've ever seen. Who thinks up these things?
  • It asks how much you spend on average for hotels, but doesn't specify any currency. Presumably this is a global survey, and many of the stays were overseas. Do they want your home currency (CAD), US Dollars, Euros?
  • For Loyalty programs, it asks which program you are a member of. The options include Marriott Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Ritz Carlton rewards, and Starwood preferred guests (sic). Basically, most of the choices have been consolidated or eliminated. Do they even know what programs they're competing against?
  • For status in the program it the options are Classic, "Intermediary", and Elite/Gold. Could use some definitions.
  • Most of it was asking to choose between different hotel room descriptions at different price points. Not really sure that their hotel room descriptions are Accor's biggest issue or opportunity.
  • There wasn't really anything about loyalty programs, which is where Accor needs to do more work.
I was hoping this would be an opportunity to provide some meaningful feedback on Accor's loyalth program, but I was sadly mistaken. I have to say, this survey was a complete mess and really reinforces how out of touch Accor seems to be with their loyalty program. What a mess.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by gcashin
I recieved a survey today from Accor to "Help us improve your experience at Accor Hotels." I have to say it's pretty much the most poorly designed survey I've ever seen. Who thinks up these things?
  • It asks how much you spend on average for hotels, but doesn't specify any currency. Presumably this is a global survey, and many of the stays were overseas. Do they want your home currency (CAD), US Dollars, Euros?
  • For Loyalty programs, it asks which program you are a member of. The options include Marriott Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Ritz Carlton rewards, and Starwood preferred guests (sic). Basically, most of the choices have been consolidated or eliminated. Do they even know what programs they're competing against?
  • For status in the program it the options are Classic, "Intermediary", and Elite/Gold. Could use some definitions.
  • Most of it was asking to choose between different hotel room descriptions at different price points. Not really sure that their hotel room descriptions are Accor's biggest issue or opportunity.
  • There wasn't really anything about loyalty programs, which is where Accor needs to do more work.
I was hoping this would be an opportunity to provide some meaningful feedback on Accor's loyalth program, but I was sadly mistaken. I have to say, this survey was a complete mess and really reinforces how out of touch Accor seems to be with their loyalty program. What a mess.
I got that survey a couple of days ago, and had a lot of the same concerns. Quite a mess. And when it asked about room rates paid, I got an error on entry saying the only valid amounts are something like 100 - 1000, like hotel room rates never cost more than a grand. Really? Very poorly prepared survey.
gcashin and Eagle_traveler like this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 3:59 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Accor's surveys are amongst the worst, designed by somebody who studied marketing on a correspondence course many decades ago. If the results are used for anything, then probably to back up internal infighting or generate busy work for incompetent middle management at HQ.

Accor holds a wealth of customer data thanks to LCAH and still somehow feel the need to ask us meaningless questions like "rate whether you love Mum more than Dad on a scale from 1 to 10 in the following 20 categories". The only data they actually need is consistent and on-the-spot rating of experience (e.g. - you were at the hotel bar? How about an SMS prompt to select whether you were happy with it or not, and if a bar gets a lot of "nots", call up or email some of the patrons who were unhappy) plus privacy-invading specific questions to specific members about their spending outside of Accor (I am quite convinced many would share that bit of privacy happily, incl. myself).
gilbertaue, gcashin and hotel_user like this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:37 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Dear members,

I inform you that this survey isn't a spam.
Thank you for sharing your feedbacks that I have transmitted to the concerned team.

Thank you for your continuous support.

Best regards,
Amy
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:13 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
Just received an email from Accorplus about an 1 hour ago and was invited to do a survey. After I clicked Start the Survey and Yes, I agree to the Confidentiality Agreement, the silly message showed up. They don't even know what they are doing.

Thank you for participating in our survey today.

Unfortunately, the portion of the survey you qualify for has been filled already. This happens from time to time and we appreciate your willingness to participate.

We hope you will be able to participate in our next online study.

This is the email I received an hour ago.
Dear ,

Your travel needs and preferences matter to us, and as a member of Accor Plus and Le Club AccorHotels, it is even more important as you are at the heart of all that we do.

We would like to invite you to complete this 20-minute survey prepared with the global market research company, Nielson. This survey will help us to better understand your travel needs and preferences so we may serve you better in the future.

As a token of our appreciation, you’ll be rewarded with 500 Le Club AccorHotels Rewards points for successfully completing the survey by 8 August 2019.

At the end of the survey, you will also have the opportunity to sign up to participate in focus group research. If you are selected for the focus group research, you will receive an additional incentive in appreciation for your time.

Thank you for your participation and for helping us to continue giving you better travel experiences.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:56 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Fiona, share your opinion and receive 500 Rewards points

Anyone else got the email from Accor with the above title? Firstly, I am not Fiona. ok never mind.

I just got the email less than 10 min ago and I clicked the button to do the survey and this is what I got

Unfortunately, the portion of the survey you qualify for has been filled already. This happens from time to time and we appreciate your willingness to participate.

What a waste of my time.... I just just ignore the email
Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by happygolucky_nomad
Just received an email from Accorplus about an 1 hour ago and was invited to do a survey. After I clicked Start the Survey and Yes, I agree to the Confidentiality Agreement, the silly message showed up. They don't even know what they are doing.

This is the email I received an hour ago.
Dear ,

Your travel needs and preferences matter to us, and as a member of Accor Plus and Le Club AccorHotels, it is even more important as you are at the heart of all that we do.

We would like to invite you to complete this 20-minute survey prepared with the global market research company, Nielson. This survey will help us to better understand your travel needs and preferences so we may serve you better in the future.

As a token of our appreciation, you’ll be rewarded with 500 Le Club AccorHotels Rewards points for successfully completing the survey by 8 August 2019.

At the end of the survey, you will also have the opportunity to sign up to participate in focus group research. If you are selected for the focus group research, you will receive an additional incentive in appreciation for your time.

Thank you for your participation and for helping us to continue giving you better travel experiences.

ahhh same with me.... can someone combine the new threat that I just open.... Did they address you as Fiona?
Old Jul 19, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
Originally Posted by lingua101
ahhh same with me.... can someone combine the new threat that I just open.... Did they address you as Fiona?
They addressed my name correctly, not Fiona like yours.

This is the fastest survey I had done. It ended even before it started. Hahaha.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
I got the survey invite a short while ago and when I tried to link to it from the email my security software lit up like a Christmas tree for being a malicious site. No thanks...but based on what I'm reading in this thread it doesn't seem like i really missed anything anyway.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 5:14 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond

They got my name correct, but the outcome was the same!
Old Jul 20, 2019, 6:29 am

I got another email with my name and the content the apologize for the mistake. I haven't clicked the link as I am traveling now.

Today I got another email and they call me Fiona again
Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:14 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
I got another email with my name and the content the apologize for the mistake. I haven't clicked the link as I am traveling now.

Are you not telling us something....
Fiona.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 3:03 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold

This might mean their database is screwed up and your personal data are mixed with another person.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 3:19 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by fransknorge

This might mean their database is screwed up and your personal data are mixed with another person.
this arrived for me this morning- nary 5 minutes after the email hit my inbox apparently they don’t need me anymore

so glad to hear it’s “not a spam”

gcashin likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 3:36 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nancypants
this arrived for me this morning- nary 5 minutes after the email hit my inbox apparently they don’t need me anymore

so glad to hear it’s “not a spam”
I got that one too.

Note the text which says "As a token of our appreciation, you’ll be rewarded with 500 Rewards points for successfully completing the survey by 8 August 2019."

That is outright deception and should be reported to the consumer protection authorities of each user's jurisdiction.
happygolucky_nomad likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.