Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Around the clock game

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
Originally Posted by starflyergold
I think it was designed for touchscreens. It works a treat on the iphone.
Nope. Its a disaster on my ipad (current gen). It worked the first time. Since then, a city clock reaches zero and the screen flips over to "too bad, you didnt win this time" without even letting me play. I have cleared cookies, changed browser, to no effect. However if I crank up my windows PC if I am at home at the required time, it will let me play, but only if I clear my brower history first. I have given up on it after 3 actual plays since it started - complete waste of time.

But then, I shouldnt be surprised - this game experience summarises Accor's IT competence since forever.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 5:41 pm

Programs: LeClub + Accor Plus (Platinum), Qantas Frequent Flyer (Lifetime Gold), Virgin Velocity (Platinum)
Hi All,

Another update. In all 4 games that I recorded there is NOT enough light to get 100. Also the game suppose to run till 10 of July but in the last 3 days I had not been given any new cities???? Didn't think there was a limit on how many cities you can do.

So I have decided to put a formal complaint about this game.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
My last try said at the end:
"All cities have already gone to sleep...
Thanks again for taking part. Winners will be contacted by email soon!"

I guess that means this silliness is finally over?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Kremmen
My last try said at the end:
"All cities have already gone to sleep...
Thanks again for taking part. Winners will be contacted by email soon!"

I guess that means this silliness is finally over?
it still works. I just played it for Nadi. But, overall, it’s been very messy since it started. I couldn’t play it during several days last week.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Just lost again

and tomorrow an Accor hotel will miss a towel set
gilbertaue and hotel_user like this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 12:06 am

Programs: LeClub + Accor Plus (Platinum), Qantas Frequent Flyer (Lifetime Gold), Virgin Velocity (Platinum)
Hi All,

Another update. So apparently there is only 8 cities that change every 6 hours and your have 2 weeks to play all 8, once you play all 8 cities that is it.
I have also analysed all my recorded games and definitely I did not have 100 lights to turn off in each game so therefore no possibility of winning.
So I have decided to take this matter further with writing an email with formal complaint about this game. If they cannot provide fair chance of instant win then this game should not have been made available to public. Instead they should have done "register here for a chance to win".

Let you know how it goes.
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 1:07 am

Programs: NZ Elite *G, QF Gold, Accor+ Diamond
My strong impression from playing the game was that turning off lights increased your score but that whether you won that score in rewards points was random (not dependent on turning off all the lights).
Old Jul 9, 2019, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Given the number of FTers and that nobody has reported winning anything, I assume the proportion who win was set to be close to zero. Are there any laws in Europe where they have to report winners publicly? Do we know they ever gave anything away at all?
Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: leClub Accorhotel
I won 1340 reward points. they will be charged after the 11th of july
EcotoneHR likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.