Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > AccorHotels | Le Club AccorHotels
Reload this Page >

Staying the night before points expire - what happens?

Old Jun 24, 19, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, AA*EXP, VA-Plat, Marriott*LTPP, Hyatt*Globalist That's*Enough

awardwallet says my points expire 1 July from non-activity (last hotel stay March 2018; I am Accor Silver)
I have a stay checking-in 30 June, checking-out 1 July

Will my (few) points be safe?

Last edited by shuuy; Jun 24, 19 at 5:38 pm
Old Jun 24, 19, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by shuuy View Post
awardwallet says my points expire 1 July from non-activity (last hotel stay March 2018; I am Accor Silver)
I have a stay checking-in 30 June, checking-out 1 July

Will my (few) points be safe?
This is a very unsafe situation. You need to explain your case at check-out and tell them to post your points immediately, hoping they’ll do it which is never certain. Your chances to loose your points are quite high IMO.
Old Jun 24, 19, 9:24 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold, Accor Gold
Yeah, if you have more than 2000 points I'd highly recommend just using them for your upcoming stay or risk losing them.
Old Jun 25, 19, 12:58 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AccorPlus Plat
I have a similar situation, but in reverse. I have a 10 day stay over the new year period coming up where I would like my nights to count to my 2020 balance and not my 2019 balance, I don't think it will be an issue, however slightly concerned nether-the-less.
Old Jun 25, 19, 2:32 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: LeClub AccorHotels / Accor Plus (Platinum), Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by Firsttime4me2 View Post
I have a similar situation, but in reverse. I have a 10 day stay over the new year period coming up where I would like my nights to count to my 2020 balance and not my 2019 balance, I don't think it will be an issue, however slightly concerned nether-the-less.
In my experience, as long as your stay begins prior to the new year, and you do not have any back-to-back stays - it should all get posted in 2020 and count toward your 2020 balance.
Firsttime4me2 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 19, 2:34 am
R2

I've stayed over the new year period for the last several years at Accor properties, the points always posted as per the check-out day, i.e. in the new qualification year. One scenario where you might have an issue is if you total stay consists of two or more consecutive bookings.
Old Jun 25, 19, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
you need to checkout in 2020 and it will be OK.
Old Jun 25, 19, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, AA*EXP, VA-Plat, Marriott*LTPP, Hyatt*Globalist That's*Enough
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post

This is a very unsafe situation. You need to explain your case at check-out and tell them to post your points immediately, hoping they’ll do it which is never certain. Your chances to loose your points are quite high IMO.
Could I book a different room using an award, and then cancel it (within cancellation terms) to then get the points back?
Old Jun 25, 19, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by shuuy View Post
Could I book a different room using an award, and then cancel it (within cancellation terms) to then get the points back?
No.

Search this Thread