Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

LCAH (ALL) / AFKL Flying Blue - enhanced partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LCAH (ALL) / AFKL Flying Blue - enhanced partnership

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2019, 11:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
The fact that you now need Marriott Titanium to get Mileage Plus Silver status - Bonvoy Platinum Gets you nothing in terms of UA status
True, although the principle still stands. And 1K gets you Bonvoy Gold, which is worthless (although perhaps better than LCAH Silver).
Old Jun 30, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by greg99
This tie-up is interesting for someone who's already flying AF regularly, but for anyone who's not, it looks like the promotion is useless.

What could have made it interesting for someone like me, who's deeply invested in *A (UA million-miler 1K), is if there had been some sort of encouragement to actually fly AF or another SkyTeam airline. For instance, Marriott and UA gives Marriott platinums Silver status, which while not terribly interesting, is enough to make someone who has no status on UA potentially look at them as their 2nd airline.

For instance, if you gave me (a newly minted Club Accor Platinum) FB Silver, AF would bump up to be my second choice in Europe and DL would be my second choice in the US and to Asia.

As it stands, I don't see any reason to bother signing-up. Am I missing anything?
What you're missing is the small benefit of being able to convert your FB points back into Accor points, albeit at a very poor conversion rate. However, the way I look at it, it's incremental to what I have today. So, I signed up for an FB account. I'll never fly with AF or any SkyTeam airlines most likely, so I'll just periodically take the free points and convert them back to Accor points. It's not much, but it's more than zero!
greg99 and tris06 like this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
What you're missing is the small benefit of being able to convert your FB points back into Accor points, albeit at a very poor conversion rate. However, the way I look at it, it's incremental to what I have today. So, I signed up for an FB account. I'll never fly with AF or any SkyTeam airlines most likely, so I'll just periodically take the free points and convert them back to Accor points. It's not much, but it's more than zero!
I suppose.

It seems like a poor money value of time to me just to play the arbitrage, though.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold
I heard that this AFKL point promotion can not be combined with other point promotion.

In April, I registered the 4 times point promotion for staying in August below
https://www.accorhotels.com/leclub/p...2100660a180510

I already registered the AFKL one and now concern I will not get the 4 times one staying next month.
Does anyone share the experience?
Old Jul 3, 2019, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by wyskevin
I heard that this AFKL point promotion can not be combined with other point promotion.
The AFKLFB “deal” is not a promotion. It’s a permanent feature (until they decide eventually to stop one day) allowing you to earn LCAH points and FB miles for each stay/flight. So I don’t think there are any interference with Accor points promo. It would make no sense.
tris06 and wyskevin like this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:34 am

with a lot of help from accor customer care i managed to finish the connection between both FB and ACCOR
My flying blu points converted to accorpoints .
and that was a direct switch
greetings kees
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
I wonder how you will get awarded when flying KL/AF when the ticket is not bought directly through the airline.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:59 am

my fiance flew 1 week ago, got credited XP and miles but without this accor bonus. accounts were linked before flights. so curious.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 12:00 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor diamond
Does anyone know the process for starting a missing flying blue points addition after an Accor hotel stay? Just in case the inevitable does happen...
Old Jul 3, 2019, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by LeClubVirgin
Does anyone know the process for starting a missing flying blue points addition after an Accor hotel stay? Just in case the inevitable does happen...
I don't know but I am interested...
My last Accor stay has still not yet posted to my LCAH account 8 days after checkout... so obviously nothing also on the FB side.
And my last AF flights have correctly posted immediately to FB (as usual) but still nothing on the LCAH side.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 2:33 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I don't know but I am interested...
My last Accor stay has still not yet posted to my LCAH account 8 days after checkout... so obviously nothing also on the FB side.
And my last AF flights have correctly posted immediately to FB (as usual) but still nothing on the LCAH side.
you get the best (worst) of both worlds then! Does it count towards retrospective bookings but checked in after the registration? I have a hotel stay with points posted but nothing on the fb account.
i might drop an email to customer services in a few days.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 8:12 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Dear Tris06,

Many thanks for your questions. As Le Club AccorHotels Concierge, I will be able to answer to you query about the stays eligible to Miles+Points. Regarding your questions about your flights with Air France KLM and your Elite Flying Blue benefits, I must say that I am not able to help. I advise you to direct your question to the Flying Blue Customer Service. I just wish to highlight that, as before in our previous partnership with Flying Blue, you have to convert your Reward points into miles from your Le Club AccorHotels online account. Your Reward points can't be used directly from your Le Club AccorHotels to pay for a flight. The scale applying ids still: 2000 Reward points = 1000 Flying Blue Miles. On the other hand, once you have associated both your loyalty accounts, you will be able to earn Miles directly on your Flying Blue account for your eligible stays credited after your registration to Miles+Points. The Miles earned are calculated based on the amount of eligible expenses credited for your stay. Eligible stays fully paid in Reward points will not generate any credit of points at Le Club AccorHotels and consequently no Flying Blue Miles. To receive Miles, your stay must be eligible to Le Club AccorHotels program's conditions and generate a credit of points on your account. Meaning that you have to book via one of our direct booking channels, choose a hotel participating in the program and an eligible rate and have a part of eligible expenses paid in cash.

Best regards,
Amy
Old Jul 4, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
On my first completed stay from LCAH/AFKL linked accounts I have received:

+1 credit night on Accor account
+5 XP on AFKL account
+137 miles on AFKL account

I think all have worked correctly
wyskevin likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
Dear Tris06,

Many thanks for your questions. As Le Club AccorHotels Concierge, I will be able to answer to you query about the stays eligible to Miles+Points. Regarding your questions about your flights with Air France KLM and your Elite Flying Blue benefits, I must say that I am not able to help. I advise you to direct your question to the Flying Blue Customer Service. I just wish to highlight that, as before in our previous partnership with Flying Blue, you have to convert your Reward points into miles from your Le Club AccorHotels online account. Your Reward points can't be used directly from your Le Club AccorHotels to pay for a flight. The scale applying ids still: 2000 Reward points = 1000 Flying Blue Miles. On the other hand, once you have associated both your loyalty accounts, you will be able to earn Miles directly on your Flying Blue account for your eligible stays credited after your registration to Miles+Points. The Miles earned are calculated based on the amount of eligible expenses credited for your stay. Eligible stays fully paid in Reward points will not generate any credit of points at Le Club AccorHotels and consequently no Flying Blue Miles. To receive Miles, your stay must be eligible to Le Club AccorHotels program's conditions and generate a credit of points on your account. Meaning that you have to book via one of our direct booking channels, choose a hotel participating in the program and an eligible rate and have a part of eligible expenses paid in cash.

Best regards,
Amy
Dear Amy
would you mind to post here what is the process to follow to ask for a retro-credit when activity is not posted automatically and what kind of documentation is expected on both sides (Accor and FB) ? Thank you
Old Jul 4, 2019, 4:19 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Dear Amy
would you mind to post here what is the process to follow to ask for a retro-credit when activity is not posted automatically and what kind of documentation is expected on both sides (Accor and FB) ? Thank you
Why ignore mine and your concerns seems strange that she would only reply to one post when further down the line there are a couple more questions.

Edit. Just checked when tris post was. 29th June. And response only comes in now,wow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.