Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

LCAH (ALL) / AFKL Flying Blue - enhanced partnership

LCAH (ALL) / AFKL Flying Blue - enhanced partnership

Old Jun 23, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Yes, this you can do and it works both ways. Just keep in mind that with each conversion you lose a lot of the points value. I would suggest to aim for using the points in their native currency for any kind of redemption. As a last resort you can do what you suggested - convert them and use them in another programme.
Thanks. I'll give the sign-up a try. I realize points are always best used in their native form, but I will have absolutely no use whatsoever for FB points. So a poor conversion value is better than zero value.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 3:50 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor diamond
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Thanks. I'll give the sign-up a try. I realize points are always best used in their native form, but I will have absolutely no use whatsoever for FB points. So a poor conversion value is better than zero value.
im the same, most of my airfare is short haul non loyalty carriers so if I can get free points at whatever arbitrary conversion because I’m always staying in Accor hotels then I’m all for it.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:39 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:46 am

Programs: Accor Plus Platinum
got my first half for 1 night stay posted 1 day after my stay. 1 extra night received.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
I went to register and this happens...

Oops! Something’s gone wrong. We were unable to complete your subscription.

CT
Old Jun 26, 2019, 6:10 am

i am happy that i am not the only one
i asked allready AMY to take care about it
she responded allrady that she will take care about it !
wahat happens too that my FB account dissapeared and comes back again severaltimes
today is still okay
greetings kees
Old Jun 26, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Castleford Tiger

CT
That happened to me as well. Tried to register maybe 7 or 8 times over an 8-hour period, and kept getting a technical error. Then, it worked and I was able to create an account. And then I couldn't log in. And then an hour later it worked and let me log in. And then I couldn't link the accounts, because it was down again. And then, after about another hour, it worked, and the accounts were linked. Finally.

This Air France and Accor partnership is probably a match made in heaven, because they both seem to share the same staggering incompetence when it comes to IT systems. Anybody who is an existing member of Accor or FB who signs up for the other partner will already be used to dealing with poor systems, so they might not be surprised or turned off when they see the capabilities of the other partner.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:39 am

I have to make a compliment to customer care of Accor and off course Amy
a direct response and a propably found the problem allready
the surnames on both accounts were different .
so in my cause propably not a IT problem
greetings
kees
Old Jun 26, 2019, 9:57 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Dear members,

As planned previously, I inform you that Miles+Points T&C have been updated.
The details related to the scale being displayed on the basis of 10 euros spent are now mentioned.
Thanks again for your alert and don't hesitate if you need any further information.

Click here to view the terms and conditions in English.
Click here to view the terms and conditions in French.

I hope you will enjoy the benefits offered by this new service.

Best regards,
Amy
Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Castleford Tiger

CT
I too was unable to register, getting the same messages. I tried it on my laptop (Firefox), but now I will try it on the mobile phone.

EDIT: Did it on my mobile phone (Xiaomi Redmi) and it worked totally smoothly.

Last edited by Concerto; Jun 26, 2019 at 1:13 pm
Old Jun 28, 2019, 1:32 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Dear members,

Thanks you for your enthusiast and interest for Miles+Points.
For those of you who are facing issues with the association of their accounts, we wish to clarify how your accounts ca be linked.
Only personal and normative accounts can be linked and they must be registered in both Loyalty programmes under the same first and last name.
An association of accounts owned by two different persons will not be possible.

We solved some issues identified in the first days after releasing this new services and the association is now eased and functioning quite well.
Also, it is advised to use Chrome instead of Internet Explorer.

For the ones who would still obtain en error message, please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Service so that we can have a check on your accounts with our partner Flying Blue.

Kind regards,
Amy
Old Jun 28, 2019, 2:20 am

thanks Amy
i use crome .
and customer care is working on it
different surname is indeed the issue
but FB is propably become confused of everything and cant recognize my emailadres again
it wil take some time but at the horizon the benefits are there
greetings kees
Old Jun 29, 2019, 2:00 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
So after ignoring this for a week as I was too busy to care. I will sign up to the FB program. I am already with the dynasty program So I doubt I will move my flights to FB but I can either use it for very short hual flights (AMS -LHR ) which I have taken a couple of times or convert it into Accor points.

If I was to issue the flight by points would that disqualify me from using my elite plus membership with another airline to get lounge access or extra on that flight?

I heard there is a bonus X5 extra points for the first stay and status night but yeah that does not interest me. I always qualify by points anyway.

One final question.....
So every hotel stay with Accor will qualify As a "qualifying activity"? If so that would be very useful In allowing the miles to build up over the years if I don't fly the short hual route in the short to medium term.

Last edited by tris06; Jun 29, 2019 at 2:26 pm
Old Jun 29, 2019, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
This tie-up is interesting for someone who's already flying AF regularly, but for anyone who's not, it looks like the promotion is useless.

What could have made it interesting for someone like me, who's deeply invested in *A (UA million-miler 1K), is if there had been some sort of encouragement to actually fly AF or another SkyTeam airline. For instance, Marriott and UA gives Marriott platinums Silver status, which while not terribly interesting, is enough to make someone who has no status on UA potentially look at them as their 2nd airline.

For instance, if you gave me (a newly minted Club Accor Platinum) FB Silver, AF would bump up to be my second choice in Europe and DL would be my second choice in the US and to Asia.

As it stands, I don't see any reason to bother signing-up. Am I missing anything?
Old Jun 29, 2019, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by greg99
. Am I missing anything?
The fact that you now need Marriott Titanium to get Mileage Plus Silver status - Bonvoy Platinum Gets you nothing in terms of UA status

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.