Accor Plus Renewal Which status?

Old Jun 17, 19, 10:07 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 73
Accor Plus Renewal Which status?

Hi, I hope someone can help me.

I am based in Thailand so only get customer service from Thai Call call centre

Last year I made Platinum. so was awarded with accor plus platinum expiring september 2019

When I renew Accor Plus in September, Will my Platinum card expire 31 December and need to be replaced or will it run to September next year.

I have not earnt platinum this year

The operator said I would get Platinum card, but I was unsure as I thought I would go to Gold on 1st January

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you
peacefultraveller is offline  
Old Jun 17, 19, 10:37 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Programs: MH Enrich, Accor Plus Platinum
Posts: 483
if you qualified for platinum in 2018, then when you renew accorplus this year the status will extend till sep 2020
peacefultraveller likes this.
jiunsoh is offline  
Old Jun 18, 19, 3:12 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 73
thank you that is great
peacefultraveller is offline  
Old Jun 18, 19, 3:52 am
  #4  
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: BNE
Programs: QF WP, VS Gold, IHG RA, A Club Plat.
Posts: 2,049
Originally Posted by jiunsoh View Post
if you qualified for platinum in 2018, then when you renew accorplus this year the status will extend till sep 2020
This is not correct, status will be based on stays in the year of membership, what you achieved in 2018 is irrelevant.
BSBtraveller likes this.
markis10 is offline  
Old Jun 18, 19, 9:38 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Programs: MH Enrich, Accor Plus Platinum
Posts: 483
Originally Posted by markis10 View Post


This is not correct, status will be based on stays in the year of membership, what you achieved in 2018 is irrelevant.
Accorplus is a paid membership in Asia, longer status is one of the member benefits, accorplus member gets slightly different status qualification requirement, normal leclub member is based on current year method, but accorplus member is based on "previous year or current year" method.

you can read these 2 posts to understand more
Please Help, accor plus status problem
Accor Plus

i just realized that accorplus revamped their website and remove this longer status info, i am not sure whether is this a new ENHANCEMENT..?
jiunsoh is offline  
Old Jun 18, 19, 2:56 pm
  #6  
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: BNE
Programs: QF WP, VS Gold, IHG RA, A Club Plat.
Posts: 2,049
Originally Posted by jiunsoh View Post
Accorplus is a paid membership in Asia, longer status is one of the member benefits, accorplus member gets slightly different status qualification requirement, normal leclub member is based on current year method, but accorplus member is based on "previous year or current year" method.

you can read these 2 posts to understand more
Please Help, accor plus status problem
Accor Plus

i just realized that accorplus revamped their website and remove this longer status info, i am not sure whether is this a new ENHANCEMENT..?
I am well aware of Accor Plus having been a member for many years, and longer status was NEVER a benefit. During the transition to the new requirements in recent years there was some differences in how status was earnt between Accor Plus and the normal program, however this was only for the transition, not permanent. There has been no enhancement, the program has now reverted to requiring a member to earn the required nights in a year to retain status or drop to Silver.
markis10 is offline  
Old Jun 19, 19, 12:22 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 66
jiunsoh is right. I have personally benefited from the alternative qualification rule he described.
nosedive is offline  
Old Jun 19, 19, 3:23 pm
  #8  
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: BNE
Programs: QF WP, VS Gold, IHG RA, A Club Plat.
Posts: 2,049
Originally Posted by nosedive View Post
jiunsoh is right. I have personally benefited from the alternative qualification rule he described.
Was this recent? As until recently it was the case that you had two options as the program changed, but this was removed earlier this year from the terms and conditions as it was no longer applicable. When in doubt always refer to the terms and conditions, which are not inline with what Jiunsoh posted.
markis10 is offline  
Old Jun 19, 19, 3:45 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 66
Originally Posted by markis10 View Post
Was this recent?
Somewhat, in February. I wasn't aware they changed the terms sometime this year. Too bad.
nosedive is offline  
Old Jun 20, 19, 2:48 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Programs: MH Enrich, Accor Plus Platinum
Posts: 483
i spoke to Accorplus agent in Malaysia, he told me he has a member renewed this month successfully retain his gold status till next year, and there is no memo saying any change in qualification method.

and peacefultraveller has accorplus thailand telling him this longer status still valid

but, both malaysia and thailand agents could be wrong, because official website removed this.

i suggest peacefultraveller to get confirmation via email if you plan to take advantage of this renewal benefit.
jiunsoh is offline  
Old Sep 3, 19, 3:53 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Programs: MH Enrich, Accor Plus Platinum
Posts: 483
the longer status benefit re-appeared,

Enjoy Gold or Platinum Status for longer

If you earn the required Status Points to upgrade to a superior Status during the calendar year, you can retain this Status until the time of your Accor Plus renewal the following year.

accorplus website:

https://www.accorplus.com/benefits/more-rewards
jiunsoh is offline  
Old Sep 3, 19, 5:31 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: australia
Posts: 4,914
I am confused

Isn't it the case that if you are not an AccorPlus member then:

If you earn the required Status Points to upgrade to a superior Status during the calendar year, you will retain this Status until the end of the next calendar year which seems better than what applies to an AccorPlus member quoted above who only retains this Status until the time of their Accor Plus renewal the following year???
3544quebec is offline  
Old Sep 3, 19, 10:27 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Programs: MH Enrich, Accor Plus Platinum
Posts: 483
Originally Posted by 3544quebec View Post
I am confused

Isn't it the case that if you are not an AccorPlus member then:

If you earn the required Status Points to upgrade to a superior Status during the calendar year, you will retain this Status until the end of the next calendar year which seems better than what applies to an AccorPlus member quoted above who only retains this Status until the time of their Accor Plus renewal the following year???
yes, if the member renew, then they will their status extend till the next expiry.

If the member decided not to renew, then the status will end at 31-dec.
jiunsoh is offline  
Old Sep 3, 19, 10:23 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: australia
Posts: 4,914
Isn't the Le Club Accor membership year Jan-Dec ie the calendar year?

So non-AccorPlus Member earns Platinum in the Calendar year 2019 by July 31st - Platinum status lasts till Dec31st 2020

According to the wording on the website quoted above:
AccorPlus member earns Platinum in Calendar year 2019 by July 31st , if their renewal date is say Sept 30th 2019 "you can retain this Status until the time of your Accor Plus renewal the following year" - Platinum status lasts till Sept 30th 2020. So you are worse off being an AccorPlus member - no?
3544quebec is offline  
Old Sep 4, 19, 1:07 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Programs: MH Enrich, Accor Plus Platinum
Posts: 483
Originally Posted by 3544quebec View Post
Isn't the Le Club Accor membership year Jan-Dec ie the calendar year?

So non-AccorPlus Member earns Platinum in the Calendar year 2019 by July 31st - Platinum status lasts till Dec31st 2020

According to the wording on the website quoted above:
AccorPlus member earns Platinum in Calendar year 2019 by July 31st , if their renewal date is say Sept 30th 2019 "you can retain this Status until the time of your Accor Plus renewal the following year" - Platinum status lasts till Sept 30th 2020. So you are worse off being an AccorPlus member - no?
if the member :
A) choose to renew, then his platinum will extend till sep 30 2021
B) choose not renew, then this accorplus membership will fallback to le-club, and the platinum will end dec 31 2020
jiunsoh is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread