Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Rate display now on daily basis in home currency

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,

I searched for hotels in Bangkok and for the first time, the displayed rate is per night and in my home currency (USD). In the past, the rate displayed was for all room nights combined and in the search location's currency (in this case, THB). Accor is now consistent with the other hotel chains.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:04 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
I have always had to change the currency from CAD to whatever the currency is for the country I am going to. IMO it should be quoting the currency in the hotels country, I find this annoying. What exchange rate is Accor using to do this? I always pay in the countries currency not my country of currency.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:19 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by sfo
I have always had to change the currency from CAD to whatever the currency is for the country I am going to. IMO it should be quoting the currency in the hotels country, I find this annoying. What exchange rate is Accor using to do this? I always pay in the countries currency not my country of currency.
In this case, the rate you are shown in CAD is "indicative". If the booking is prepaid, you will be charged in the hotel's currency, which is indicated on the final page of the booking process. If the booking is flexible, you will, of course, be charged in the hotel's currency at the time of your stay.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:26 pm
R2

Originally Posted by sfo
+1. I also find it very annoying having to change it to local currency, which in my view should be available to be set as default for those who prefer so.
sfo likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Accor is now consistent with the other hotel chains.
On the contrary, I can't think of a single other chain that does this. Rates are always quoted in hotel currency, and that's the way it should be.
sfo likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
On the contrary, I can't think of a single other chain that does this. Rates are always quoted in hotel currency, and that's the way it should be.
You're right about currency, but I was referring to displaying the daily rate (as others do) rather than the previous total night cost.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:32 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor diamond
Really annoying. Another bug on the website, I’m sure changes have been made since the other day as people were unable to login.
When I search a uk hotel it displays in euros even though I’m in the uk and also my settings are set to GBP for currency using the menu options on the left hand side of the home page.
BSBtraveller likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Rates are always quoted in hotel currency, and that's the way it should be.
Not in my experience. Recently stayed in Belgrade was quoted in Euros but was charged in Serbian Dinars.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
Originally Posted by LeClubVirgin
Really annoying. Another bug on the website, I’m sure changes have been made since the other day as people were unable to login.
When I search a uk hotel it displays in euros even though I’m in the uk and also my settings are set to GBP for currency using the menu options on the left hand side of the home page.
ditto for me. I’m in Australia and for some reason I’m getting prices in Euros and have to change to AUD even though I’m booking in Australia and am an Aussie member. It’s annoying but hey, this is Accor and we ALL know technology is not their strong suit.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:48 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor diamond
Originally Posted by BSBtraveller

We ALL know technology is not their strong suit.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They are not the only ones as Radisson do the same but you are correct that most others don't. It is indeed very frustrating. I can understand their offering to switch to home currency if you want but not use it as default.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:13 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Dear members,

Thank you for the alert and sorry for this technical problem.

I confirm you that the service concerned is already informed and working to identify the cause of this anomaly in order to fix it.

I will keep you update of the evolution.

Thank you for your understanding and for your loyalty,

Best regards,
Amy
Old Jul 21, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
Mine is always default Euros despite my bookings all being in Au$ or Asia. Really annoying to always have to change
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Another member finding this an annoyance at best, a deception at worst. Exactly what FOREX rates do they use? Makes it difficult to compare their rates with those of other websites.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 5:22 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rfrost
Another member finding this an annoyance at best, a deception at worst. Exactly what FOREX rates do they use? Makes it difficult to compare their rates with those of other websites.
You can always change the currency to local, although the site seems to have been updated to allow this only after a specific property is selected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.