Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

ibis BUDGET Ambassador BUSAN Haeundae (South Korea)

ibis BUDGET Ambassador BUSAN Haeundae (South Korea)

Old May 31, 2019, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
ibis BUDGET Ambassador BUSAN Haeundae beach (South Korea)

Official hotel website:

https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel...ae/index.shtml

Address:

8, 209 Beon-gil
Haeundaehaebyeon-ro
Haeundae-gu
busan
korea, republic of
Tel: +82519011100
Fax: (+82)51/9011112

There are 2 ibis hotels at Haeundae beach in Busan which are in separate locations.
Distance between the 2 hotels is about 10 minutes walking.
This thread is for the ibis BUDGET.

Unlike all the other ibis budget hotels across the world, some (all ?) of the ibis BUDGET hotels in South Korea have decided to give points, stay credit and member benefits to accor members.
Details here : https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclu...xception.shtml

Last edited by est-gratuite; May 31, 2019 at 6:35 am
Old May 31, 2019, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Stayed here recently in a standard room with king bed with ocean view.

Some pro and cons:

Pros:

+You can earn accor points and stay credit at this hotel (Most other ibis BUDGET hotels do not offer this)
+Free breakfast for platinum members
+Early check-in/late check out for accor leclub members
+Full and direct views of the sea from many rooms with no other buildings blocking the view. Higher floors will obviously give you better views....lower floors may have trees near the beach blocking the view. It should be noted that the hotel is located near the very far end of Haeundae beach, which has a lot less people than the main part. (It's not too far from the Westin Chosun hotel.) From the window you won't see a lot of the sandy beach with people, but more of the overall sea and distance. Walk to the beach is just across the main road.
+24 hour convenience store called "GS 25" just next door. Other convenience stores not too far away.
+Breakfast was quite nice for a budget brand hotel. Was offered breakfast free as platinum, but full price is around 16,000KRW with a discount if you buy it in advance. There were various warm choices including rice, meat, eggs, sausages and a few other things. Cold options included salad, cold cuts, cheeses and korean dishes. Coffee machine, and some juices. Even some fresh fruit like oranges and pineapple. I was really surprised to be honest as I was expecting much less at a budget category hotel.
+Hotel has a 24 hour coin/cash operated laundry on basement floor consisting of 2 washing machines and 2 dryers (washing 1000KRW, drying 1500KRW, detergent 500KRW) Iron and board is also there
+Hotel has a sauna facility in the basement (I didn't use it, but was surpirsed it was there)
+Hotel has a tiny mini gym in basement with some weights, 1 bike and 1 treadmill, and free water and ice machine
+Windows at this hotel CAN be opened for fresh air
+Rooms have a kettle for boiling water, 2 mugs, a small fridge with 2 bottles of water, and a very small safe only big enough for a smartphones/wallet/other small items...(Anything wider than a small book will not fit)
+Room has a desk facing the window
+Bed was very large considering the smallish size of the room
+Nightly rates are low compared to other hotels in the area. Really good value considering the great location and what you get.
+This hotel DOES participate in the Korea hotel tax refund for tourists scheme (Check the official korean tourist website for details) https://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/ACM/AC_ENG_4_2.jsp

Cons:

-No welcome drink or upgrades for accor gold/platinum (They do however give free breakfast to platinum members and early check-in/late checkout)
-Walk to Haeundae metro station takes about 15 minutes (Ok if it's sunny and you're not carrying much...but quite unpleasant when windy/rainy and/or when pulling large luggage)
-There is sometimes noise from passing emergency vehicles on the main road below
-No ice machines except on basement level
-Rooms are quite small. It's fine if you are alone, or if spending minimal time in the room, but may be uncomfortable if there's 2 or more of you, and you both want to relax and unwind in the hotel.
-There is no closet or drawers in the room....just a few hangers on the wall and space for luggage is limited....you will probably have to keep your luggage closed in order to move around the room.
-There is no seperate "room" for the bathroom. The sink is in the middle of the room so anyone using it is in full view. The shower and toilet are behind glass panels and are only large enough for their function....meaning you cannot change your clothes or do anything else in private. Shower size was large enough for me to use without problems. I don't know if the twin rooms in the hotel have a different shower/toilet layout, but if they do not, then you need to understand you will have no privacy when exiting the shower.
-The toilet is basically inside a small squared room raised off the floor just bring enough to sit in and the glass door closes almost right in front of your knees. This was the only thing I found uncomfortable to use. It really was a bit too small for me.
-The toilet and shower are behind glass windows which is only frosted in the middle , so a tall person walking past can see clearly into the toilet area or shower.
-Towels are kind of thin and smallish
-Apart from a single short rail on the shower door, I could not find anywhere else to hang up towels. Not even a hook. This was a bigger problem than I anticipated after 2 people showering. Most of our towels we had to leave on the shower floor.
-There is a penalty charge if you lose your room key of 10,000KRW
sfo and gilbertaue like this.

Last edited by est-gratuite; May 31, 2019 at 7:22 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.