Accor Hotels in Singapore

Old May 19, 19, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: MH Enrich, Accor Plus Platinum
Accor Hotels in Singapore

This thread created for all Singapore discussion

Hotel with executive lounge and their child policy:

Lounge access updates:
Fairmont Singapore - their gold lounge is under renovation and targeted to reopen 2nd half this year, i will check whether they have any child access policy.

Novotel Clarke Quay - Guest with children can enjoy all day refreshment and happy hour (6-8pm) at lobby bar. During happy hour, guest can go up to executive lounge to choose some food / Canapť then the lounge staff will assist to send them to lobby bar.

Sofitel Singapore City Center - The club lounge is just beside the swimming pool, guest with children can sit at the pool side.

Mercure Stevens - this hotel is sharing the next door Novotel lounge, guest with lounge access will get a Novotel keycard purposely for lounge access.

Mercure Bugis - their lounge now become a self service lounge, no staff will sit in lounge to provide guest service, that means no check-in / check-out. Guest with lounge access needs to use their keycard to access lounge. This lounge serves daily refreshment and happy hour as usual.
gilbertaue, IMH, Goldorak and 3 others like this.
Old May 19, 19, 9:36 am
Original Poster

exceptional welcome amenities from Ibis Singapore Novena

stayed a week ago as platinum, this is the best welcome amenities i received in singapore.
  • a potted purple orchid flower,
  • fruits
  • tea set
  • cookies
  • bath amenities - *(this hotel uses dispenser in bathroom, so this is special set of bath amenities

Old May 20, 19, 6:54 am

Programs: VA Velocity, SQ KrisFlyer
I am staying in Mercure Bugis Junction in June.
May I ask after disembarkation from my flight at Changi, is there direct MTR service to Bugis Junction?
Which exit I should take and is there indoor mall access from the station to the hotel?
Thanks.
Old May 20, 19, 7:13 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF WP, VS Gold, IHG RA, A Club Plat.
Originally Posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
May I ask after disembarkation from my flight at Changi, is there direct MTR service to Bugis Junction?
Which exit I should take and is there indoor mall access from the station to the hotel?
Thanks.
The MTR is probably not the best alternative after a flight, taxis are cheap and much quicker. There are a couple of malls you can walk through to get to the Mecure but nothing direct from the MTR, and you need to change trains enroute. I am not a fan of the Mecure, the loft rooms just didnít make sense for me in terms of rooms where you could relax for some time.
Old May 20, 19, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
Thanks.
there is a direct line (green line) from airport to Bugis station,
exit from the Bugis station you will enter a shopping mall called "BUGIS JUNCTION",
then go to level 1 (1 floor above ground),
find your way to a link bridge to another shopping mall called "BUGIS+"
Mercure Bugis is just a road cross away from BUGIS+ shopping mall.

i will recommend MRT only if you are solo traveller with very light baggage, else take the taxi or GRAB (uber alternative in singapore)

Old May 20, 19, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by jiunsoh View Post
there is a direct line (green line) from airport to Bugis station,
exit from the Bugis station you will enter a shopping mall called "BUGIS JUNCTION",
then go to level 1 (1 floor above ground),
find your way to a link bridge to another shopping mall called "BUGIS+"
Mercure Bugis is just a road cross away from BUGIS+ shopping mall.

i will recommend MRT only if you are solo traveller with very light baggage, else take the taxi or GRAB (uber alternative in singapore)

I have previously caught the east west line where everyone needs to change at Tanah Merah as the Changi Airport Line branches off this as a shuttle line.
jiunsoh and Rambol like this.
Old May 20, 19, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by markis10 View Post

I have previously caught the east west line where everyone needs to change at Tanah Merah as the Changi Airport Line branches off this as a shuttle line.
if i remember correctly they have 2 terminals (Pasir Ris and Changi), first train terminates at pasir ris then next train coming will terminate at changi,
so passenger need to listen carefully to the announcement to see which end it terminates.

i might be wrong on this, @Metropolitan Airlines please take note.
Old May 20, 19, 8:20 pm

Programs: Carte Bienvenue
If you are going/coming to/from Changi you will need to change at Tanah Merah.
User Name and jiunsoh like this.
Old May 21, 19, 4:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Skymiles, Accor Gold,, Hilton gold
The change at Tanah Merah is super easy. The train from the airport arrives at the centre track with both sides opening, you just exit to either side (depending if heading to the city or not) and just grab the train on the other side of the platform.
jiunsoh likes this.
Old May 21, 19, 10:36 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb , LCAH : Gold, Skywards : Gold
Taxi in Singapore is affordable and easy.
They all will use their meter ... unlike some taxis from Sg neighbours

MRT is another convenient way to travel.

Back about Singapore hotel, cant wait to try Raffles hotel in September (if they open on schedule)
Old May 21, 19, 11:20 am

Programs: Accor Hotel, Hilton Honors, Emirates, Alitalia, Amex
Originally Posted by kaizen7 View Post
Taxi in Singapore is affordable and easy.
They all will use their meter ... unlike some taxis from Sg neighbours

MRT is another convenient way to travel.

Back about Singapore hotel, cant wait to try Raffles hotel in September (if they open on schedule)
canít imagine how much are beautiful the apples they provvide as welcome gift ! 😁
kaizen7 likes this.
Old Aug 1, 19, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by kaizen7 View Post

Looks like they are open!

Raffles Singapore opens after a multi million-dollar renovation
kaizen7 likes this.
Old Aug 1, 19, 3:36 am
Original Poster

wow, finally!
let's hope we can get private sale at this hotel
Old Aug 1, 19, 6:37 am

Programs: Accor Plus Platinum l Best Western Diamond l Discovery Platinum l HHonors Diamond
you may view the beautiful raffles singapore over here.
Old Aug 3, 19, 2:12 am

Programs: SQ, BA Gold (GGL), Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Having hit enough nights to renew Marriott and Hilton, I’ve been focusing more on Accor recently and hope to hit Platinum soon. I’ve been really impressed with Fairmont SG in the newly renovated rooms (south tower). The renovations seem extensive and the new rooms are very nicely done, especially the in room filtered water tap, good working desk, comfy sofa area, and lovely bath tub. Stayed twice so far, about 10 days total, and that has inspired me to book a month stay in October. Usually I’d go for the JW or Conrad, but Fairmont rooms are very nice, Raffles City mall ideal, nice touches like bicycle hire, excellent Le Labo toiletries, great in-room dining, and really appreciative staff and managers who introduce themselves at check in. In fact, I’d go as far as saying the loyalty recognition (even at gold) is better than I’ve experienced elsewhere in SG.

Raffles I tried for afternoon tea last weekend, renovations are of great quality and walking around the grounds everything looked very plush, but the service was abysmal...lost reservation, 25 mins to bring tea, renovation works still continuing in the background, zero dress policy (as in singlets and daisy dukes for afternoon tea). Not a prude, but very disappointing.

Last edited by EGW1; Aug 3, 19 at 2:20 am

Search this Thread