Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Best Mid-range Accor property in Amsterdam?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2019, 2:10 am
Original Poster

I'm visiting Amsterdam with two friends. A forum search suggests the Sofitel and MGallery are popular here but these are out due to my friends' desired price range.

A location convenient for Zuid/Zuidas would be a plus as another friend lives in that area.

Basically, I'm finding 6 Mercure and 2 Novotel properties in Amsterdam. All are rated poorly on Tripadvisor. But I'm hoping for insights from you guys. Maybe some properties have been recently renovated or something and the TA ratings don't reflect that yet.... Or maybe some give particular good treatment if I book as Platinum....
Old May 18, 2019, 5:04 am

meaby ibis plus / adgio
greetings
kees
lipsum likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 7:05 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
I like space and with rooms in AMS I decided to book the Adagio AMS South. The rooms are large and reviews good.

Stay is only in July - so I don't have any data points yet.
lipsum likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 11:58 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Unless you have a very good reason to stay in Amsterdam proper, I would avoid and stay outside of it - train connections are plentiful and quick, and most of the Netherlands is even more interesting and far more pleasant than the city.

Ibis Leiden has a superb location in front of the train station that is on the Schiphol line, and the Hague now has multiple choices in their centre, very walkable and close to their Centraal station. Of note are also the competitively-priced Novotel in Hoofddorp (branded as "Amsterdam Schiphol") and Mercure in Amersfoort.
lipsum and Admiral Ackbar like this.
Old May 21, 2019, 12:40 am

Programs: ALL
I have stayed at both Novotel Amsterdam City and Mercure Amsterdam City a couple of years ago. Accessibility from the Novotel into the City was more convenient, but the Mercure had the benefit of having some nice restaurants and places to have diner on the Amstel close by. Overall both were your average Mercure and Novotel in Europa.
lipsum likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 4:05 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
The Novotel Airport is great. Very new and quick metro to the Airport and onward into the city. Way less expensive that being in central Amsterdam.
Old May 30, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I like space and with rooms in AMS I decided to book the Adagio AMS South. The rooms are large and reviews good.

Stay is only in July - so I don't have any data points yet.
I can definitely recommend the Adagio Amsterdam South. I stayed there for about a month and have nothing to complain about. The rooms are very spacious, everything is very new and clean. I didn't try the breakfast though.
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 7:16 pm

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
A couple of people have mentioned a specific Adagio hotel. I recently stayed in Adagios in Edinburgh and Brussels. They were both my favorite hotels in the approx. 12 cities where I stayed, 27 total nights in various Accor brands in the past month. Do check out what's available in the Adagio brand in AMS. The brand includes a kitchenette in their rooms, good bathrooms, and have guest laundries onsite. This is really handy for travelers who need to do laundry and don't want to pay absurd hotel prices for clean clothes.
gilbertaue likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.