Accor pulls promo early

Old May 13, 19, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Accor pulls promo early

I tried to book a stay at a Thai hotel a few hours ago, when the 20% off and free breakfast promo was supposed to still be on. ("Book this offer from 01 April 2019 to 13 May 2019")

The rate didn't come up. I phoned reservations and they tried to say it could be the individual hotel, so I pointed out that every hotel in the area had the rate missing and searching in Bangkok from that page caused accorhotels.com to error out. They found the same. I'm guessing this is just yet another botch-up by Accor IT.
Old May 13, 19, 2:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Kremmen View Post
I tried to book a stay at a Thai hotel a few hours ago, when the 20% off and free breakfast promo was supposed to still be on. ("Book this offer from 01 April 2019 to 13 May 2019")

The rate didn't come up. I phoned reservations and they tried to say it could be the individual hotel, so I pointed out that every hotel in the area had the rate missing and searching in Bangkok from that page caused accorhotels.com to error out. They found the same. I'm guessing this is just yet another botch-up by Accor IT.
Accor bases the date on that at the destination hotel. So once May 14 rolls around in Thailand, the rate is no longer available.
FlytheTail and Brendan like this.
Old May 13, 19, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jbeckett View Post
Accor bases the date on that at the destination hotel. So once May 14 rolls around in Thailand, the rate is no longer available.
So it should have still been available at about 7pm May 13, Thai time.

(I posted here a little after midnight, Thai time, but I did say it was several hours ago that I became aware of it.)
Brendan likes this.
Old May 16, 19, 5:51 am
Original Poster

After my 45-min call to reservations, they sent screenshots to the hotel management (including the error message screen) with a request to honour the rate.

The hotel's response is to offer me free breakfast on the rate reservations booked (refundable, 10% disc), but not to offer me the 20% discount.

Not worth me fighting over a few bucks, but it amazes me that they think it's worth fighting over a few bucks when the system was wrong and they've already wasted this much time.
Dav77 likes this.

Search this Thread